• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***OI Meetup***June 2-3, 2023

RocketCityMama

DIS Veteran
Hello friends! Long time no see or talk! Life has been incredibly busy since last summer and I wasn't sure we would be heading back to another meetup anytime soon! Imagine my surprise and delight when my high school senior said USO for her grad trip!:cool1: Who are we to say no? And to find out another OI meetup was taking place when we would be coming, duh we bought the tickets, booked the hotel and are counting down the days! So let's get a June thread going and get to know each other and all the good info about the meetup coming up! 🍻Butterbeer cheers!'
We are heading down currently May 31-June 8, have booked Cabana Bay and Royal Pacific currently lol split stay. Not on purpose, but we could not get a premier the day they opened so picked up CB instead. The other day I was just checking, and Royal Pacific had openings for June 4-8, so I hopped on it! I am still hoping to get Hard Rock (my personal fav) for the earlier part or the whole trip, but will also take Royal for the earlier part. I don't love moving the Sunday after the meetup, but I will love having the express pass for the better price!
This is our fourth meetup! I was a lucky recipent of the fun meetup boxes that were randomly sent out from Taylor and the OI team back in the fall. What a fun and total surprise! We have previously attended June 2021, Nov 2021, and June 2022, so we're excited to head back. We are trying to decide if we are going to buy AP's again, or just the buy 3 get 2 day free deal. I mean I would love to come again in the winter for a meetup, but doubt it since my oldest is getting married in Oct, and well there goes that meetup money LOL but we might be able to make another trip next summer...sooo we'll see!

Be sure to introduce yourself, tell us how many meetups you have been too etc! Join in the conversation!

What we know so far:

On Friday and Saturday, June 2-3, 2023, Orlando Informer is taking over Universal Studios Florida and Universal's Islands of Adventure. Beginning at 5:00 pm, you'll have access to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ - Hogsmeade™ and Diagon Alley™, Marvel Super Hero Island®, Jurassic Park, and more.

Orlando Informer Meetup hours:
You can enter and enjoy the attractions beginning at 5:00 pm on the date(s) you select.

Friday, June 2: Universal's Islands of Adventure will close to the public at 8:00 pm. Universal Studios Florida will close to the public at 9:00 pm. Our Orlando Informer Meetup will conclude at 1:30 am.

Saturday, June 3: Universal Studios Florida will close to the public at 8:00 pm. Universal's Islands of Adventure will close to the public at 9:00 pm. Our Orlando Informer Meetup will conclude at 1:30 am.

News from USO and now non dairy folks rejoice!

Guests can now enjoy a vegan version of the fan-favorite Butterbeer beverage in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood. Available in cold and frozen, the new non-dairy offering features the same delicious taste as the existing, wildly-popular Butterbeer drink – complete with flavors reminiscent of butterscotch and shortbread and topped with a vegan-friendly version of the iconic Butterbeer froth.

Universal Orlando guests can purchase vegan, non-dairy Butterbeer at the Three Broomsticks restaurant in Hogsmeade and the Leaky Cauldron restaurant in Diagon Alley, and Universal Studios Hollywood guests can purchase the beverage at the Hog’s Head pub in addition to the Three Broomsticks restaurant.

Taking my boys (9 and almost 12) and my husband for the 1st time. Cannot wait! Staying at Dockside. Need to add Thursday night tho as it was unavailble thru the OI link. But the room type I want is available that night thru Universal

We are going to our first meet up. We are doing Friday only for now. It’s my husband, two boys and I. We have four girls that we will have a nanny for in the room hopefully.
I’m debating on Saturday because we need a nanny or to buy tickets for the girls. They are newborn, 4, 7 and 14 (autistic and doesn’t like the thrill rides). So idk right now

Hi Frances!!
I had no plans of attending in June but, just decided I have to go again.........so grabbed a room and texted the daughter-in-laws to see if the 2 granddaughters can go....fingers crossed DGD#2 has never been. I would love to be the one to take her. I just can't stop going..LOL
We've done OI Meet Up Nov 2021, June 2022 & Nov 2022...both nights each time.

I'm actually heading there next week with DGD#1's high school band to march!! So, figured June didn't need to happen.

Oh well....hope it works out!! :banana:

Ah, just saw this post - we're already planning to be at Universal on June 2 and 3. We're doing a Disney cruise that ends on June 2nd. We'll drive to the parks and go to Universal that day (Friday).

We have APs, so we'll go Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, then head home Monday morning. We have reservations at RPR for Friday and Saturday night, then we'll move to Sapphire for Sunday night to save a few dollars.

Now the question is, do we go to the OI event on one of those nights? We have a couple options - could do mid-day naps on either Friday or Saturday... Now we have to figure out if it's worth it to go.

With APs and EP, I'm not sure that we'd get $500 worth out of it.... decisions, decisions.

Taking my boys (9 and almost 12) and my husband for the 1st time. Cannot wait! Staying at Dockside. Need to add Thursday night tho as it was unavailble thru the OI link. But the room type I want is available that night thru Universal
You are guys are going to love it! We stayed at Dockside our first meetup and liked the hotel a lot. We are just spoiled by the express passes now lol but loved the space of the room at Dockside. It was nice to have the separate space for the kids and us. Keep checking the link for hotels, because things get changed/added all the time.
DH, Dad and I will be going on June 3rd, staying at Sapphire Falls June 2-6! This will be our 4th meetup!
I want to try Sapphire Falls someday! It looks like a fun place. This is our 4th meetup as well. I think we are slightly addicted lol
We are going to our first meet up. We are doing Friday only for now. It’s my husband, two boys and I. We have four girls that we will have a nanny for in the room hopefully.
I’m debating on Saturday because we need a nanny or to buy tickets for the girls. They are newborn, 4, 7 and 14 (autistic and doesn’t like the thrill rides). So idk right now
Yay, welcome aboard! If you can swing it, I highly recommend both nights, we like to do one park a night, but sometimes do switch back and forth. I understand the concern though about having that many kids with you or having a nanny for the younger ones. It is a late night, so it may not be best for the younger ones, but we do see people with littles out and having a great time!
Hi Frances!!
I had no plans of attending in June but, just decided I have to go again.........so grabbed a room and texted the daughter-in-laws to see if the 2 granddaughters can go....fingers crossed DGD#2 has never been. I would love to be the one to take her. I just can't stop going..LOL
We've done OI Meet Up Nov 2021, June 2022 & Nov 2022...both nights each time.

I'm actually heading there next week with DGD#1's high school band to march!! So, figured June didn't need to happen.

Oh well....hope it works out!! :banana:
Hey girl!! Long time no see/talk! Haha, I am telling, you it’s like Taylor and the team just know! I really do love having both nights, it’s more relaxing for us, as we usually do one park each night, randomly we might switch, but typically we just stay in the one we go in first. I am jealous you’re going next week, but have a great time! I really want to go to a Feb meetup for Mardi Gras, but school just messes it up! One day!!!

I hope you guys get to come! Keep us posted :)

Ah, just saw this post - we're already planning to be at Universal on June 2 and 3. We're doing a Disney cruise that ends on June 2nd. We'll drive to the parks and go to Universal that day (Friday).

We have APs, so we'll go Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, then head home Monday morning. We have reservations at RPR for Friday and Saturday night, then we'll move to Sapphire for Sunday night to save a few dollars.

Now the question is, do we go to the OI event on one of those nights? We have a couple options - could do mid-day naps on either Friday or Saturday... Now we have to figure out if it's worth it to go.

With APs and EP, I'm not sure that we'd get $500 worth out of it.... decisions, decisions.
We love the meetups, and with it being June, lines will be long but if you have express passes, it’ll be fine :) Disney cruise is a bucket list for us, I am sure you’ll have a great time. I highly recommend a meetup, we’ve gone even as AP holders, and did both nights. There is something magial about being in the parks, little to no wait lines, just walk up and grab food/drinks, esp the butterbeer, and the atmosphere is just great. The OI crew always do something special each meetup, so we’re waiting to find out what that is.

If you can swing it, I say try one night, and you’ll know for future trips :)

Good Morning friends!

A few weeks ago I saw a post from Taylor at OI that this June meetup would have something that they have never done before and he thinks that a lot of people will be excited about it. I am super curious and anxious to find out!

Any guesses??

My first thoughts: express passes for the enter time to park close (but that would not be a benefit to those staying at premiers). Then I thought maybe $20 gift card instead of $15, or the best an all day entry ticket!

I am sort of nervous about the heat. Our 1st Disney trip was at the end of may a few years ago and it was miserable. But I'm hoping by 5 or 6 in the evening it won't be too miserable, right?

I am sort of nervous about the heat. Our 1st Disney trip was at the end of may a few years ago and it was miserable. But I'm hoping by 5 or 6 in the evening it won't be too miserable, right?
I think you will be fine. My dd takes meds that makes her overheat easily and she does fine at the meetups. Once the sun goes down, it is hot and humid but not blistering if that makes sense. During the day we just take breaks at the hottest part and stay hydrated and sunscreened up.

We love the meetups, and with it being June, lines will be long but if you have express passes, it’ll be fine :) Disney cruise is a bucket list for us, I am sure you’ll have a great time. I highly recommend a meetup, we’ve gone even as AP holders, and did both nights. There is something magial about being in the parks, little to no wait lines, just walk up and grab food/drinks, esp the butterbeer, and the atmosphere is just great. The OI crew always do something special each meetup, so we’re waiting to find out what that is.

If you can swing it, I say try one night, and you’ll know for future trips :)
We discussed it a bit last night and there is an opportunity for us to stay at Endless Summer on Friday, then move to RPR for Sat and Sun nights.

On Friday, we'd go from the cruise port to Endless Summer and check in. Head over to the parks until mid-afternoon and take a break. Then we could go to the OI event that night.

We'd lose EP for Friday, but we'd have a shorter park day anyway. A few hours in the AM, then a few more after dinner until OI starts.

If it were up to me, we'd only stay at RPR Saturday night then move to a non-premiere for Sunday... but it's not up to me and 3 hotels in 3 days probably isn't going to happen.

This will be our second Disney cruise. We had a great time the first round. I am a bit more.... cost sensitive... than my wife. While the Disney cruises are nice, I don't think the value is there for the difference in price.

I hope you guys get to come! Keep us posted :)
Well, within minutes of my post last night, I got the go ahead from both DILs!!! So, rooms booked & flights booked!! We are at Dockside with the 2bedroom suite Friday to Wed. We have stayed a couple times at Surfside 2 room suites & we really love them. So, I'm sure Dockside will be good too. I did book Monday night at HRH for EP on Mon & Tues. Didn't get HRH through the meetup rate but, did grabbed an AP rate for only about $35 more. It's more of a throw away room.....we normally take a nap there for a break but, we won't move from Dockside.

So excited!!! :dogdance:

The 1st time I went to Disney in June, I swore I would never do that again. I am terrible with heat.
Last year, we went to the June Meetup and honestly, I don't remember it being bad. Yes, during the day, it was. We make sure to rope drop, take a long mid day break.....and normally close the park. The Meet Up wasn't bad at all.

We decided to go for it. Just booked the Friday night OI event.

We chose to stay at Aventura over Dockside for Friday night- it was about $15 more per night. We love the size and layout of Aventura.

Then grabbed a room at RPR for Saturday and Sunday. It's kind of the reverse of our original plan and will cost us a bit more, but only about $120 difference. So I justified it as the OI event only costing us $60 per person. ;)

Going to the meet up on Saturday after getting off a cruise. I haven't been to Universal since 2019, and I'm looking forward to VelociCoaster!

This will be our first meet up. We are cruising on RC, dock Friday (hope to get on the Brightline from Miami to MCO). Only doing Friday as we fly out Saturday night. Changed our flights just to do this event. Staying at Cabana Bay.

Me, husband and kids - 15, 14, 14. We are all excited as we were last at USI summer 2020.

We discussed it a bit last night and there is an opportunity for us to stay at Endless Summer on Friday, then move to RPR for Sat and Sun nights.

On Friday, we'd go from the cruise port to Endless Summer and check in. Head over to the parks until mid-afternoon and take a break. Then we could go to the OI event that night.

We'd lose EP for Friday, but we'd have a shorter park day anyway. A few hours in the AM, then a few more after dinner until OI starts.

If it were up to me, we'd only stay at RPR Saturday night then move to a non-premiere for Sunday... but it's not up to me and 3 hotels in 3 days probably isn't going to happen.

This will be our second Disney cruise. We had a great time the first round. I am a bit more.... cost sensitive... than my wife. While the Disney cruises are nice, I don't think the value is there for the difference in price.

We decided to go for it. Just booked the Friday night OI event.

We chose to stay at Aventura over Dockside for Friday night- it was about $15 more per night. We love the size and layout of Aventura.

Then grabbed a room at RPR for Saturday and Sunday. It's kind of the reverse of our original plan and will cost us a bit more, but only about $120 difference. So I justified it as the OI event only costing us $60 per person. ;)
Oh awesome!! I am sure you guys will have a fantastic time! I think you'll find that not having EP for Friday won't be a big deal, since you're going to the meetup and can walk on most all the rides. Just get a game plan loosely, figure out your must do's, and decide if you want to ride more or eat more lol or both haha. We do a little of both, but sometime the kids ride more, while dh and I relax, snack, and roam around without wall to wall people. My fav is to hang out in the WWoHP close to the end, it's nearly deserted and you can really experience the atmosphere. I like your math LOL :D

Well, within minutes of my post last night, I got the go ahead from both DILs!!! So, rooms booked & flights booked!! We are at Dockside with the 2bedroom suite Friday to Wed. We have stayed a couple times at Surfside 2 room suites & we really love them. So, I'm sure Dockside will be good too. I did book Monday night at HRH for EP on Mon & Tues. Didn't get HRH through the meetup rate but, did grabbed an AP rate for only about $35 more. It's more of a throw away room.....we normally take a nap there for a break but, we won't move from Dockside.

So excited!!! :dogdance:
Yay, I love when a plan works out! I am so excited for you and your GD's! We liked Dockside for the 2 room deal as well. It was nice to go in and close the door and have downtime. Sounds smart on the HRH room! I might check the price of that, esp if we get the Ap's and it's not much more than the Meetup price!
Going to the meet up on Saturday after getting off a cruise. I haven't been to Universal since 2019, and I'm looking forward to VelociCoaster!
Welcome aboard! I a bit jealous of all your cruisers! We had a cruise booked for May 2020 to celebrate our 20th anniversary, then you know covid happened. We were optimistic and scheduled an Alaskan cruise for May 2021 - also canceled due to covid...so now we are waiting until 2025 at this point! Maybe we'll eventually get to go on one! Lots of changes since 2019, you will have a great time. My older dd LOVES velocicoaster, rides it as much and as often as she can! That's here in front with her hands up lol she's a bit obsessed.
61901_060722_000031746.JPG

This will be our first meet up. We are cruising on RC, dock Friday (hope to get on the Brightline from Miami to MCO). Only doing Friday as we fly out Saturday night. Changed our flights just to do this event. Staying at Cabana Bay.

Me, husband and kids - 15, 14, 14. We are all excited as we were last at USI summer 2020.
Welcome to the group of meetupers! I am sure you guys will have an amazing time, let us know if you have any questions! Your kids will have a blast I am sure! My kids are 18 and 13 (plus an older one who is not coming) and this is meetup 4 for us, they love it. I can let them go off together and ride the ones we don't want to do, and check in and meetup throughout the night. We stick together at times too, but it's so less crowded, it's easier to do this.

I’m a planner so I’m trying to figure out a good game plan.

Going to check in close to 3:00, grab food at CityWalk and be ready to go in at 5:00.

I read somewhere they assign you a park of entry. Any tips for having the best time?

Definitely hit the new Jurassic roller coaster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter