• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ohana

grunt0331

Earning My Ears
Can you give me the good, the bad, and the ugly about Ohana? Is a kid's menu available?

Kids are paying for the same food as the adults, but there is an "alternate" menu you can ask for, with items like chicken nuggets, macaroni and cheese, etc.

However, those eating from that menu will still pay the full price for the family style meal.

Can you give me the good, the bad, and the ugly about Ohana? Is a kid's menu available?

For Dinner it is a strap on the feed bag kinda place & we like it;)

i like the Appetizers, sides & dessert the best, the meats can be hit or miss. but i would be great with just the other stuff.

I don't care for the wait, we have always have to wait past our ADR time by at least 30 mins. service has been hit or miss for us, last time it was great.

Now the Ugly I feel like I have to be rolled out. It's that good bad stuffed feeling.

Kae

The good - It was pretty good food. And I got to drink my Lapu Lapu. And we got to see the fireworks out the window while the piped in the music.

The bad - The only thing my son would eat was the shrimp. And he couldn't peel it himself. I must have peeled like 50 shrimp. Which meant I definitely didn't need to be rolled out. Our server was not the best, but it was a late night.

the only downside we had was a significant wait past our adr time.

food is excellent - it's family style but all made fresh for you (not like a buffet where it's sitting around)

after trying it for the first time last year I can't imagine a trip when we wouldn't go back. as for kids, there's enough generic stuff (grilled meat) where they should all be fine.

Here's the ugly, ugly, ugly:

After waiting years to get an ADR here, finally got 'Ohana last year. And oh-what-a-disappointment!

First ugly: Food ranged from cold & mediocre to downright bad/gross...Second ugly: service was lousy (took forever to get my ice water replaced...the first glass he brought had a fly doing a backstroke)...and Third ugly: the "entertainment" was horrendous (I know, a lot of people think it's wonderful, but we found the lady singer's voice extremely annoying: squeaky & cloying, and her attitude toward the kids seemed like she was really talking-down to them. Yes some of the kids looked like they enjoyed most of it. But for adults there without kids, ugh. Double ugh.)

Soooo...we did not like it at all. We've been to most of the restaurants on Disney property and this one ties with worst-restaurant on our list.

So we're assuming the OP is asking about Dinner and not breakfast? Cause theyre two totally different experiences.

I thought Ohana is delish. If you go early enough/close to opening, you will get the food nice and fresh. Yum! I have zero complaints about this place.

We are on the dining plan this year for the 1st time and have chosen this place for our Anniversary night meal. I'm hoping it's ok.

Loved the food ! Zero complaints! My neice is extremely picky and they brought out chicken nuggets for her to eat.

My son and I went for the first time over the holidays. The food was good. The only bad thing was we ate so much that we didn't have room for dessert.:lmao:

I loved Ohana. My kids loved it too! We asked for a MK view table and we got one! Sat there watching the fireworks sipping coffee!

Breakfast was more relaxing than other character breakfasts because the characters come right to your table to visit. Food was good, particularly enjoyed Mickey Waffles and juice.

We waited about 20 minutes for our dinner reservations, the noodles did not thrill me, the salad dressing was delish, meats were good, the bread pudding was the best part. My husband wanted a second helping of bread pudding but the grill got too smokey and they cleared out the restaurant before his second helping!

Was assuming the OP wanted dinner because they asked for a children's menu. Breakfast is pretty much just regular breakfast.

Dinner experience - due to an unforeseeable event with the buses/monorail, we were about 15 minutes late for our ADR but we were still seated with no wait and no fuss made about our lateness (this might be normal but still :thumbsup2)

We enjoyed the atmosphere in the restaurant for dinner. The food was plentiful and very good, the service was excellent (I at no point was without a Coke so :thumbsup2:thumbsup2) and it was a lovely, relaxing meal.

My only negative was that it was a lot of food, especially for our party of two :rotfl: I thought the meal was excellent value but there was no way I could eat everything that was put in front of me. I also felt the courses came around very quickly - there was no pressure from our server but there was a lot of food on the table at once which was a bit overwhelming.

Breakfast experience - one of our favourite character meals. Excellent service, standard breakfast foods with terrific bread and music and games for kids (though I wanted to join in with the parade :rotfl:)

No real negatives for breakfast, the food is just enough and not too overwhelming

Let me begin by saying I am not the biggest fan, but I have been with those who adore it. It is LOUD. There is meat and lots of it, and it is cooked VERY well done. Very. It seems to be a place that either you really like or really don't. Try it and let us know what you think!

The good: It is in a beautiful resort.

The bad: The wait can be brutal..and it is LOUD.

The ugly: The food. All you can eat, smokey dry meats that all taste the same. Gluey noodles, dumplings that are this side of cardboard and tasteless frozen veggies. It took us all a good 2 hours of walking around MK to shake off the after effects of our Ohana meal. :sick:

Yup..I know..I am in the very small camp of people who does not like Ohana..and I am ok with that.

Gosh, we loved Ohana. Best dinner meal we ate on our trip. The pork dumplings were delicious, the meats were perfection, the bread pudding was so good that I wished it had been served first. I couldn't eat the broccoli because I had been ill the night before and didn't want to risk any more gastrointestinal distress. ;) The noodles were a little sticky, but I still tried them. Two of my kids were a little picky and had a side plate of chicken nuggets and fries. Our server was really nice to them about not liking the food too. I thought the entertainment was lovely too. The ukelele player came right up behind me and sang. It was awesome! Add in the fireworks in the background and you have yourself one heck of an amazing meal!

So we're assuming the OP is asking about Dinner and not breakfast? Cause theyre two totally different experiences.

I thought Ohana is delish. If you go early enough/close to opening, you will get the food nice and fresh. Yum! I have zero complaints about this place.

Thank you all for the feedback. I was referring to dinner. We made a 5:15 ADR on a Monday, so hoefully we can avoid the waiting te be seated.

I love taking people there for the first time. My dad loved it especially the fireworks (he loves fireworks), DSIL wished I'd made ADRs for more than 1 night, DDs 21+ loved the Lapu Lapu. We ate so much we weren't hungry until the next night for Dinner. We have ADR next Saturday 6:55 and Wishes is at 8 perfect!!! DGD2 is not much of a meat eater so we'll definitely asking for kids items. When DGS6 was 3 we'd never seen him eat as much as he did at Ohana. He is a huge meat eater.

I think Ohana's is one of those restaurants where you love it or it not for you.

While breakfast is good I've had dinner here twice, the starters are good, but I'm not a big meat eater and find it very dry.

I also think the service is poor, 3 trips and haven't gotten a good server yet, so it off my list of places to return to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter