Ohana or Boma - Please Help Me Decide!

I've been trying to decide between these two restaurants also! Have loved Boma in the past, never tried Ohana. I always go to the same, trying to break out of my comfort box.

Once again, the Dis comes through!! Thanks so much for all the feedback! Seems like Boma is the pretty clear winner! I have read a lot of rave reviews about the bread pudding at 'Ohana. Is 'Ohana the only place you can get this or could we get it somewhere else?

Only at 'Ohana unfortunately. I have heard of people receiving it for dessert at Kona (dinner only) upon request, but that's definitely not guaranteed.

We have done O'hana for dinner and Boma for breakfast. While I love both restaurants, If I had to pick just one it would be Boma.

Boma has more variety and is just a hands down great restaurant. Not to mention our first experience at O'hana was excellent, our second was only so-so.

Once again, the Dis comes through!! Thanks so much for all the feedback! Seems like Boma is the pretty clear winner! I have read a lot of rave reviews about the bread pudding at 'Ohana. Is 'Ohana the only place you can get this or could we get it somewhere else?

Raglan Road in DTD has an even better bread pudding IMO, but it doesn't come with ice cream.

We have never been to Ohana so I'm sorry I can't give you any feedback on it but this past November we ate at Boma for the first time. It was alright, but really was not as good as I was expecting after reading all of the reviews. A couple of the soups were really good but that was really all I enjoyed there. The zebra domes were okay, they did not at all live up to what I had read about them. Maybe I am just crazy. We would not go out of our way to go there again. It was a pain to get from Animal Kingdom to their and them go back from Animal Kingdom to Downtown Disney and back to our resort. That being said though, everything is worth trying at least once I think.

We enjoy 'Ohanas, and try to visit every trip. The food is decent, and the bread pudding is a highlight.

Boma's is my favorite buffet in the world. Not at Disneyworld, mind you, THE great big huge wide world. The Chocolate Buffet at Cafe Fleuri, inside the Langham Hotel in Boston, is a close second...but Boma wins.

And I'd rank the Zebra Domes at Boma ahead of 'Ohana's bread pudding. I'll probably have to duck, to avoid getting stuff thrown at me..and I'd not say no to either. But those Domes are addictive!

In fact, I'll be eating there in about 5 days (Sat the 11th!).

Boma. The food is out of this world. Plan on a little time around the resort before or after your meal. It's absolutely beautiful and there are tons of fun activities that you can join in on (looking at animals, story time, etc.).

I've had "hit or miss" on various parts of both restaurants, but Boma has usually edged out 'Ohana for me.

But after eating another meal at 'Ohana on December 11th, my view was that night, everything was done very well. Usually some of the meats can be dry, but this time, everything served to us was cooked perfectly. I loved the chicken wings and potstickers. We were in a larger party, and one of the dishes of noodles and veggies was over-seasoned, slightly. The other wasn't.

I wouldn't count 'Ohana out by any means. I do want to keep it on my every-other-year rotation.

We did Boma and 'Ohana on our October trip and I was super excited about both of them.

'Ohana's dinner was delicious (albeit too much and too fast) and I would go there again and make sure that I didn't eat anywhere else all day so I could stuff myself! My kids loved the potstickers and noodles and my lapu lapu was ahMAZing!

Boma was a miss for us. The buffet line was incredibly long and it took forever for us to get our food. I felt like I couldn't sit down and enjoy it because I was helping my one child while we alternated my husband helped the other (also 4 and 7) They didn't like the food and I can't think of one memorable food item. I am an adventurous eater and I enjoy ethnic foods but nothing tasted good together. The zebra domes were disgusting quite frankly. I had high hopes for them.

I learned on our last trip that I am not a buffet person. So this probably taints my opinion. I enjoy ordering a well thought out meal that is delivered to me while I sit and relax with my family. Eating too many different food items at a buffet makes me feel sick by the end of it.

I have to say, I'm surprised..I thought Ohana would have the majority vote, hands down! That being said, it's been 2 years since our last trip (planning one for June right now!), and my kids who were 4, 8 and 10 the last trip said this was our must-do restaurant every time. I hope the quality hasn't declined, as we found the meats perfectly cooked, as well as everything else. We also ate at Boma that trip and while I enjoyed it, the kids weren't as impressed. I loved seeing AK, but yes...it's not a convenient jaunt. We ended up eating at Ohana and then catching the monorail over to MK afterward. This trip we are planning on a later ressie so we can catch fireworks from the beach at the Poly. Just my two cents. Enjoy!

We did Boma and 'Ohana on our October trip and I was super excited about both of them.

'Ohana's dinner was delicious (albeit too much and too fast) and I would go there again and make sure that I didn't eat anywhere else all day so I could stuff myself! My kids loved the potstickers and noodles and my lapu lapu was ahMAZing!

Boma was a miss for us. The buffet line was incredibly long and it took forever for us to get our food. I felt like I couldn't sit down and enjoy it because I was helping my one child while we alternated my husband helped the other (also 4 and 7) They didn't like the food and I can't think of one memorable food item. I am an adventurous eater and I enjoy ethnic foods but nothing tasted good together. The zebra domes were disgusting quite frankly. I had high hopes for them.

I learned on our last trip that I am not a buffet person. So this probably taints my opinion. I enjoy ordering a well thought out meal that is delivered to me while I sit and relax with my family. Eating too many different food items at a buffet makes me feel sick by the end of it.

Oh thank goodness. I thought I was the only crazy person saying I didn't like Boma and that the zebra domes weren't good. LOL I fully agree with you Tigerbelly.

Another vote for Boma. Just ate there in August for the 2nd time - and loved it for the 2nd time. Lots of choices plus zebra domes!

The food is much better at Boma, and you don't have to wait for servers to come around to bring more food. When you empty your plate, you go get another one:)

I really love the Poly theming, even more than AKL, and maybe the atmosphere at 'Ohana is a little better. However, the quality of the food at Boma totally makes any consideration of 'Ohana irrelevant. :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter