• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OHANA Opens 7/9 - AWAITING REVIEWS :|

Nope. False. Bananas Foster.
Agreed!

OHANA BREAD PUDDING WITH BANANAS FOSTER SAUCE Recipe by Chef Lindsay B These are just the ingredients for the greatest bread pudding and banana foster sauce from Disney's Restaurant. READY IN: 30mins SERVES: 4 UNITS: US INGREDIENTS BREAD PUDDING 5 eggs 3 cups whole milk ⁄ teaspoon salt ⁄ teaspoon nutmeg 1 ⁄ cups sugar 8 cups French bread FOSTER SAUCE 4 ounces sugar 4 ounces brown sugar 4 ounces corn syrup 1 2 1 2 1 2 4 ounces unsalted butter 1 cup heavy cream 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 cup spiced rum 1 cup banana (sliced)

Agreed!

OHANA BREAD PUDDING WITH BANANAS FOSTER SAUCE Recipe by Chef Lindsay B These are just the ingredients for the greatest bread pudding and banana foster sauce from Disney's Restaurant. READY IN: 30mins SERVES: 4 UNITS: US INGREDIENTS BREAD PUDDING 5 eggs 3 cups whole milk ⁄ teaspoon salt ⁄ teaspoon nutmeg 1 ⁄ cups sugar 8 cups French bread FOSTER SAUCE 4 ounces sugar 4 ounces brown sugar 4 ounces corn syrup 1 2 1 2 1 2 4 ounces unsalted butter 1 cup heavy cream 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 cup spiced rum 1 cup banana (sliced)
It's really easy to make and the sauce stays good in the fridge for a month. I use half the rum or it's too rummy. And I use all the bananas I put in the sauce before storing the leftover sauce or the bananas get yucky. It makes a lot so halve the recipe if you don't have a lot of people to serve.

I have also used a layer of split croissants soaked in the bread pudding mix and bake it in the toaster oven on non-stick foil. You can use any bread and it comes out good. :wizard:

I always serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Even for breakfast.

Can you get the Ohana dessert at Kona cafe?
It is really easy to make at home!...Go to All Ears to find the recipe (now you know how I spent the pandemic!)
But can you ask for the bread pudding off a "secret menu" at Kona Cafe? We have an ADR at Kona and I'll ask when we get there, but would be nice to know ahead of time if anyone has had success in getting some there.

Did I read somewhere that it may also be available at Trader Sam's?

Off topic but I wish people would get as upset about street actors missing from MK and HS as they do about the noodles and original menu at Ohana. That is something I really am going to miss and I am worried they will never return.

But can you ask for the bread pudding off a "secret menu" at Kona Cafe? We have an ADR at Kona and I'll ask when we get there, but would be nice to know ahead of time if anyone has had success in getting some there.

Kona, Tamu, and ‘Ohana are close enough that certain dishes are easy to exchange between them. Pretty sure the ‘Ohana dessert is available at Kona.
No idea about Trader Sam’s but it makes sense.

Any recent breakfast experiences? I have an ADR for breakfast the end of Sept.

That is my only disappointment so far - no dipping sauces. I can understand if they were phasing out the peanut sauce due to allergies, but that doesn't explain the lack of the sweet and sour sauce. Or why they couldn't substitute a teriyaki sauce.
Saw a fresh review from Ohana on YouTube, so I asked the vlogger about the peanut sauce.
They said no, and they were disappointed about it as well.
On a brighter note, we went to Boma yesterday and it was just as amazing as before, maybe even moreso.
They even had the tamarind barbecue sauce and the Boma mustard sauce out! :-)

Saw a fresh review from Ohana on YouTube, so I asked the vlogger about the peanut sauce.
They said no, and they were disappointed about it as well.
On a brighter note, we went to Boma yesterday and it was just as amazing as before, maybe even moreso.
They even had the tamarind barbecue sauce and the Boma mustard sauce out! :-)

We‘ve never tried Boma and I’m tempted, just wish it wasn’t such a hike from the MK area.

Earlier this month, my server was able to get me the bread pudding for dessert at Kona Cafe.

Wow wasn't even aware of the whole menu drama, is the new menu posted somewhere? Or is that still TBD? We have resv 9/13. Thanks

The bread pudding served at Ohana is identical (including the sauce) to the one that is served at Sebastian’s. Do yourself the favor and head there instead of the Poly.

I had heard great things about the new menu and worked the reservation sites to get a late ADR for Ohana last week. The food was entirely inedible save the salad and the bread pudding. The chicken and beef were both charred and the shrimp was mealy. The potstickers were ok, but dry and sauceless. When we asked the server about it we were told that they didn’t come in a sauce. When we asked for new skillets of meat we were told that they would try to get us fresher skillets and she returned with four pieces of medium rare beef for three adults. That’s it.

We asked for a manager and apparently one was not available. It was late so we paid so we could get back to our hotel and order a pizza before they closed for the night. We spoke to Guest Services the next morning and we were refunded with their apologies.

Seriously, save yourself the money and head to Caribbean Beach Resort for Sebastian’s. The food and service there were on point, the bread pudding is identical, and you can order a drink and couple servings of Coconut Shrimp for the cost of Ohana.

We‘ve never tried Boma and I’m tempted, just wish it wasn’t such a hike from the MK area.
Boma was a highlight of our trip. We enjoyed dinner so much that we tried getting a reservation for breakfast while sitting at the table, but they were booked. Our server overheard us talking about it and grabbed a manager who added us into their system. It’s a hike, but it’s worth it.

The bread pudding served at Ohana is identical (including the sauce) to the one that is served at Sebastian’s. Do yourself the favor and head there instead of the Poly.

I had heard great things about the new menu and worked the reservation sites to get a late ADR for Ohana last week. The food was entirely inedible save the salad and the bread pudding. The chicken and beef were both charred and the shrimp was mealy. The potstickers were ok, but dry and sauceless. When we asked the server about it we were told that they didn’t come in a sauce. When we asked for new skillets of meat we were told that they would try to get us fresher skillets and she returned with four pieces of medium rare beef for three adults. That’s it.

We asked for a manager and apparently one was not available. It was late so we paid so we could get back to our hotel and order a pizza before they closed for the night. We spoke to Guest Services the next morning and we were refunded with their apologies.

Seriously, save yourself the money and head to Caribbean Beach Resort for Sebastian’s. The food and service there were on point, the bread pudding is identical, and you can order a drink and couple servings of Coconut Shrimp for the cost of Ohana.
I agree with this. Ate at Ohana tonight and we were so disappointed. Tough medium-rare sirloin and overcooked mushy noodles. Dry potstickers and hard bread. Service was wonderful but would not recommend Ohana.

I agree with this. Ate at Ohana tonight and we were so disappointed. Tough medium-rare sirloin and overcooked mushy noodles. Dry potstickers and hard bread. Service was wonderful but would not recommend Ohana.

This is concerning to say the least. We are scheduled to eat an early Ohana dinner on Halloween. I've been trying to squeeze a Boma dinner in our trip. Perhaps this is a sign?

wow, it seems that usually people give up way too easily but you tried to save your dinner multiple times. I'm glad you persisted and got refunded; that is unacceptable treatment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter