• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

'Ohana Bread Pudding Twice In One Trip?! How can Life Possibly Get Better Than That *Complete*

Those zucchini fries DO look really good! We ate at Tony's last year for the first time since 2010, made an ADR last minute. Now we have great Italian here in NY and I hesitate to classify Tony's with those restaurants, but it certainly wasn't as bad as many reviews here make it out to be. DH had some kind of meat-covered flatbread pizza and loved it :thumbsup2 Glad you enjoyed your meal and DH was willing to go back!

I have never been to Tony's but that does look good. Those homemade chips look fantastic.

Tony's is definitely worth checking out in my opinion. I really like the atmosphere and the cute Lady and the Tramp touches throughout the restaurant.

I'm normally a lurker to the boards. But thought I'd finally comment. :)We just came back from a trip two weeks ago. We did a pre park breakfast at BOG. While not normally breakfast people, it was a GREAT way to start the day. We we in a line for SDMT before the park officially opened. We were the first group of people to ride it that day!! If they proceed with BOG breakfast in the future. I recommend just for that! And the food was pretty good there too. Croque Madame was our favorite. Look forward to reading more!!!

So glad you joined in! I had a feeling that was how some people were getting back there so quickly. We did actually eat at BOG for breakfast later in the trip, but it was after park opening. I came very close to changing our time to an early time to try and do that because there was an 8am slot that was open the night before our reservation. I wish I had made thechange. Glad to hear that strategy worked for you!

Those zucchini fries DO look really good! We ate at Tony's last year for the first time since 2010, made an ADR last minute. Now we have great Italian here in NY and I hesitate to classify Tony's with those restaurants, but it certainly wasn't as bad as many reviews here make it out to be. DH had some kind of meat-covered flatbread pizza and loved it :thumbsup2 Glad you enjoyed your meal and DH was willing to go back!

I totally agree. We can get amazing Italian in our area too, so I tend to be wary of Italian food in Disney, but you really do just have to look at it another way and try not to compare the two.

After our lunch at Tony's we headed back to our resort and got in some much needed pool time to cool off from the heat. A short time later we took a walk over to DTD. This is the best thing about staying at SSR. We love DTD and it has always been the biggest pain in the neck location to get to. Right now that statement is truer than it ever has been. We were staying in the perfect location that was close to either the path that brings you out in the Marketplace area near the bus stop, or go out back of the main building and take the path by the golf course to walk in at the Cirque du Soleil end. Best of both worlds. It probably took us less than 15 minutes to walk from our room to DTD. I love that! It made DTD our go to location of the trip.

We were now more than 24 hours into our vacation and there was an itch that needed to be scratched. We NEEDED some Ghirardelli!

We were able to get a table inside the building, which was good because it was too hot to sit outside and enjoy yourself.

Rob got The Domingo. Banana Hot Fudge Sundae: vanilla ice cream surrounded by fresh bananas, topped with freshly homemade hot fudge, whipped cream, chopped almonds and a cherry.

You can switch up the ice cream flavors that come with the sundaes, so Rob got his with chocolate chip cookie dough. He loved it! This is his favorite food spot in Disney I think. His vow this trip was to come here as many times as possible.

I decided to veer away from my usual Mint Bliss and tried The Ocean Beach Sea Salt Caramel Sundae. Vanilla ice cream smothered with creamy caramel, freshly homemade hot fudge and sea salt. Perfectly topped with whipped cream, creamy caramel, sea salt and a Ghirardelli SQUARES milk chocolate.

I didn't want vanilla ice cream, so I tried to decide what flavor would pair the best with all the toppings and decided on Butter Pecan. Oh boy was I right! It went amazing with the sea salt caramel. I couldn't get enough of it. This knocked off the Mint Bliss as my favorite Ghirardelli sundae.

I brought a whole case of bottled water with us this trip and remembered to bring a bottle in my bag before we walked here and I am so glad I did because these sundaes make me so thirsty and I hate paying $3.00+ for a bottle of water. Win!

We dragged our full ice cream bellies over to the West Side for our first movie of the trip. Avengers Age of Ultron!

By the time the movie let out the sun was starting to go down and the temperature was cooling off. We took a stroll around DTD. I absolutely loved the look of the new Boathouse restaurant and the Amphicars. We never got to eat here this trip, but here are some shots of the restaurant. It's so gorgeous in person!

The Boathouse from the walkway at SSR.

Amphicar out of the water...

And here it is in the water.

So awesome! But the food and the boat ride are crazy expensive. Maybe next time.

We did walk around the gift shop inside the restaurant. I loved all the crazy rubber duckies they had for sale.

And don't ask me why, but I became OBSESSED with this pillow! The fabric on it was gorgeous IRL. I wanted to buy it so badly, but it wouldn't fit in at our house at all.

After some shopping we stopped at one of our favorite places to eat. WPE!

The latest menu.

We ordered some food to go. They boxed everything up nicely for us and put it in a bag and off we went back to SSR.

When we got back to the room we unloaded all of our goodies and settled in to eat our dinner. We love room picnics!

Rob ordered his all time WPE favorite. He talks about it all year long. The Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf Sandwich with Smoked Mozzarella, Garlic Aioli, Crispy Onion Strings.

Word of warning. We learned the hard way this past September that the sandwich no longer comes with fries, It comes with chips and you have to ask for the fries and pay extra for them. Rob definitely knew to do so this trip.

As usual, he loved this. I mean, what's not to love?!

I love the pizzas here. They are the best. Well, Via Napoli might be the best pizza. It's a tough call, but either way, WPE pizzas are ridiculous. I had a hard time deciding which one to get. I went with a classic favorite, the Four Cheese Pizza with Mozzarella, Fontina, Parmesan, Goat Cheese, Fresh & Sun-Dried Tomatoes.

Soooooo yummy as always! The sun dried tomatoes were different than they usually are on this pizza, but they were still good.

Now that we are officially in a food coma we are going to kick back and watch the next to last episode of Mad Men before we really call it a night.

I see so many bad reviews for Tony's but I've always enjoyed it here.
We did have a bad experience here on our honeymoon 6 years ago, but it was not the restaurant's falut. The folks seated next to us let their kid sit there in a poopy diaper the WHOLE MEAL and even kept commenting how bad the small was, but never changed the poor child.

1. I loved Tony's when we ate there last September. I think I'll make a reservation for our December trip, I don't know why the place gets a bad rap! Sure, it's not super authentic Italian food, but the restaurant itself is cute and I still thought the food was really good. I'm definitely Pro-Tony's. :thumbsup2

2. Grooosssss!!! :crazy2: It would be tough to get past that association. What is WRONG with people?! I'm glad you guys got to give it another shot there and have a great experience.

Wow, I'm shocked to see how good your Tony's meal is. I've never tried it do to all the wide spread panning of it, so it's good to finally hear something good. Your zucchini fries look great, as does your hubby's pasta. May need to rethink visiting sometime here.

We're staying at POFQ next trip and I can't wait to take the boat to DTD. We've avoided it for years because of all the construction so it will be an extra special treat. Speaking of which, your Ghiradelli sundae looks amazing. I'm not always a huge ice cream fan, but will literally eat anything in salted caramel.

We love WPE too, but again its been several years. And yeah for picnics in bed

Always love your reviews jerseytinkerbelle!
It was nice to read about your experience at Tony's- it always seems to get bashed in the reviews!!
Thanks for sharing :)

Joining in, we tried Trails End this past November because of your review and we loved our dinner and received the 10% off with my visa! I so wanted to try frushi in April but I did one of those I'll come back and never did. Love the reviews. Tony's looks good, haven't tried there yet.

I've had that salted caramel one before & I love it. Salted Caramel is my favorite dessert flavor no matter what!

Glad you enjoyed being so close to SSR and used that to your advantage!

Joining in a bit late. DS found our lunch at Trails End hit & miss as well. Really enjoyed some things but didn't like others at all. We are trying dinner for the first time in August in large part because of your previous reviews! :thumbsup2

That meatloaf sandwich from WPE looks amazing! I don't know of any way to fit it in this trip but you never know. Ghiardelli's is on our list but now I am not sure which of those two sundaes to try. I thought I was having the salted caramel one but really do love hot fudge and bananas! Oh the decisions one must make on a WDW trip! :rotfl:

Jeri- I adore your reviews! You and I have a similar touring and eating style, so I feel like I can connect with you! I added you on IG also! (Ashsleeved)

Loving the review as always Jerri!! I miss WFE right now!!! You have me thinking about staying @ SSR again b/c you are so right, DTD is amazing & it's so nice to take the boat or path over. I loved that!!

Great photo of those Amphicars at the Boathouse - and that WPE pizza looks appetizing....

Last edited:

I think I have the same ears!!! Hahahaha.. I ordered them on Etsy! Did people recognize that they were Ariel ears? A couple of people told me they thought they were Christmas ears.. I'm like "have you never seen the Little Mermaid, and why would Christmas ears have a fork!?"

The folks seated next to us let their kid sit there in a poopy diaper the WHOLE MEAL and even kept commenting how bad the small was, but never changed the poor child.

Omg.. that would ruin me for a while, too!! HAhahaha.

I loved these!!! Even though they are fried, it doesn't feel like you are eating something super unhealthy and the sun-dried tomato sauce is awesome. I highly recommend these!

These look so good.. wow!

Tony's is back on the list! We had a really great meal here. And no gross smells! :rotfl2:

Your meals both look awesome. We have never been to Tony's since I've heard such awful things about it from so many, but we might have to try it this time.

Yay! I had forgotten you were going!!! I absolutely love your trip reports. Everything looks delicious. I don't even like meatloaf and that sandwich looks amazing. I can't wait to read more!

Oh and your hours....ouch! How do you ever see each other?

Everyone seems to love WPE. I know one of these days i'll try it but i just haven't made it over there yet.

Love WPE one of my favorites, we are staying at SSR & OKW during our vacation. I am really excited about DTD being so close for meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter