OH, someone please advise/help me!

dchronister

DIS Veteran
i have read a lot on here and mouse savers and whatever else I can find! Can someone please answer my million questions and whatever else advice I need! Me and my DD19 will be flying from Okinawa to Tokyo end of March and are headed to Disney, we have been to disneyworld a lot but this Tokyo trip is perplexing me! We are flying into Narita, I have read that we should take the limousine bus to Disney, we are prob staying at a partner/official hotel but not Disney! I also read that I should buy tickets online and print them out and take them with me. All this sound correct so far? We are staying three days, if we buy a three day ticket, we can go to the same park the first two days and the other on the third day, correct? I can only really park hop if we stay at a Disney hotel and buy their tix there, correct? Also, how do you fast pass? Is it like the old system at Disney world. Do/can you make dining reservations or just show up? I read that you can make them early in the day at the park, correct? Also, is three days enough for touring? We planned on a half day followed by a full day at Tokyo Disney and on the third day, Disney sea!! If I have the hopping part down correctly! Any reccomendations on good places to eat. At Disney world, we like LeCellier, garden grill, the wave, 50s PT and lunch at BOG. That's the majority of my questions, I just feel overwhelmed. Thanks

Okay, first off, deep breath. :)

- Yes, limousine bus to Disney would be the most convenient, but I believe the last one is at 6 pm, so hopefully your flight arrives before that.

- Yes, you can buy tickets online and print them out. You may want to do this if you're worried about them selling out. End of March may be a busy time. Here are the 2 crowd calendars I know of:

http://www15.plala.or.jp/gcap/disney/
http://tdrnavi.jp/forecast/disneyland?lang=en

The small con would be using the printout as your tickets for entrance and Fastpasses (and yes, it's like the old Disney World system). Although, I remember someone reported being able to exchange the printout for card stock ticket at the ticket booth for a fee (300 yen maybe?). Also, recently there were some changes to acceptance of credit cards from outside Japan online, so I'm not sure how that affects the ticket purchase.

You can also buy tickets at the official hotels or at the Disney Stores in Japan. We bought ours at the Sheraton, which takes credit cards. I think the Hilton is cash only.

- With a 3 day ticket, you have to specify which park you want to go to on day 1 and 2. On day 3 you can hop. The special tickets for Disney hotel guests you can hop everyday.

- We went for 4 days and didn't get to everything we wanted to. But then we have little kids slowing us down and never got an early start. With 2 1/2 days, you'll probably want to skip a lot of things at Tokyo Disneyland that are similar to the WDW version.

- For dining reservations, only Disney hotel guests can make them in advance online. You can make same day reservations at the restaurant. You'll probably want to go pretty early in the day for best chances.

- For restaurants, we really enjoyed Ristorante di Canaletto. Not sure if you like Asian food, but we also liked Vulcania and Hungry Bear. Queen of Hearts and Grandma Sara's are also good for theming, food is good too, just perhaps not as memorable (IMHO) - kind of like how I feel about BOG. :)

Hope this helps!

iWe are staying three days, if we buy a three day ticket, we can go to the same park the first two days and the other on the third day, correct? I can only really park hop if we stay at a Disney hotel and buy their tix there, correct?

With a 3 day ticket, you have to specify which park you want to go to on day 1 and 2. On day 3 you can hop. The special tickets for Disney hotel guests you can hop everyday.

Just in case it's unclear: You can choose different parks on Day 1 and Day 2 - e.g., TDL on Day 1 and TDS on Day 2.

Any reccomendations on good places to eat. At Disney world, we like LeCellier, garden grill, the wave, 50s PT and lunch at BOG. That's the majority of my questions, I just feel overwhelmed. Thanks

Don't overlook the options in the Disney hotels, especially the Mira Costa - http://www.disneyhotels.jp/en/dhm/restaurant/index.html.

Last edited:
Just in case it's unclear: You can choose different parks on Day 1 and Day 2 - e.g., TDL on Day 1 and TDS on Day 2.

When I was first planning, I was thinking DisneySea on both Day 1 and 2. I wasn't sure if that could be done, so I tried to buy an online ticket with that option - no error and got to the payment page. I didn't go through with the purchase though and then plans changed and we ended up doing TDL, then TDS - so I don't know for sure that it can be done, just seems like it could.

Thanks for the info guys, I just feel like I'm over my head, I know it's just because it's new and different, but I'm one of those people that need to know how things work before I get there.

Pretty sure you have to do one park one day, the other park the next and only the third day you can hop. We did 1/2 day at Disneyland, full day at Disney Sea and then full day at Disneyland. I was going to hop back to Sea, but we were loving Disneyland too much.
We exchanged our print-out tickets for cardstock. IT was 200 yen per ticket. Worth it though for the ease in storage, fastpass machines and as a keepsake.
We were there in early April. This time in Japan is peak season because of the cherry blossoms. It was beautiful, but oh so crowded. Our day at Disney Sea was almost empty because it poured and poured and poured!
We took the airport limo bus to our Tokyo hotel and back to the airport from the Hilton Tokyo Bay. It was very easy.
You can check out my trip report is you like.
http://www.disboards.com/threads/weve-been-to-japan-now-a-tr.3481415/

Last edited:
Are you sure it'll let you buy the same park over 2 day tickets because my sister and I were told in Japan by CM's that that was not possible in anyway.

It might just be a glitch in the English system (they pop up in the Tokyo Disney page's).

Have you bought a ticket using this method @jsilver ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter