Oh dear....another memory maker question.

michellelovesthemous

DIS Veteran
pooh: Did you hear him?!!! Ok on to the question...so I purchased it for our trip this year and now that we have been back for a few weeks I was getting ready to add the borders and stuff I can not figure out how to save my life!! The sad thing is thus is not my first memory maker rodeo, I don't remember it being thus obtuse last year?! Nor do I remember the watermark on the pictures?! :scared: I am sure I am making this more difficult than it us so before I conipicion will someone please educate this girl how to use the memory maker this year? Thank you in advance for saving my sanity.:worship:

I am stuck too. It says the watermark will be removed once you purchase the photos, but I did purchase them prior to going and they are obviously linked to my magic band since it was scanned each time, but the watermark is till there when I try to edit and it is really distracting. and the photo is so small to try and edit it. I practically need to sit on my desk to look at it.

Also, the old photopass, automatically saved the original along with the edits, and you could edit the picture many times so you could have numerous copies of each picture. This does not seem to do that so I am afraid to hit save on anything. I want to keep all of the originals.

There is also a "claim your photos" button that I can't seem to get any help on.

Anyone have experience with this that can help???

I am stuck. I searched for the last hour for answers to this and could not find anything, so I hope someone can help...
The site says the watermark will be removed once you purchase the photos, but I did purchase them prior to going and they are obviously linked to my magic band since it was scanned each time, but the watermark is still there when I try to edit and it is really distracting. And the photo is so small to try and edit it. I practically need to sit on my desk to look at it.

Also, the old photopass, automatically saved the original along with the edits, and you could edit the same picture many times so you could have numerous copies of each picture with different borders, colors, etc. This does not seem to do that so I am afraid to hit save on anything. I want to keep all of the originals.

There is also a "claim your photos" button that I can't seem to get any help on.

I need simple instruction on each step... like a first grader. haha!

Anyone have experience with this that can help???

Did you purchase Memory Maker from the link via your MDE account?

If you didn't purchase through your MDE and used the website, it may have been linked to an older account of yours.

You'll need to call Disney.

I
Did you purchase Memory Maker from the link via your MDE account?

If you didn't purchase through your MDE and used the website, it may have been linked to an older account of yours.

You'll need to call Disney.

Yes, I purchased through MDE. I can see all of my new pictures and it is linked on my new account. Just don't understand the watermark and how to get rid of it and how to edit without losing the original.

All pictures show up in your MDE account whether or not MM has been pre purchased.

Because the watermarks are still showing in all photos, you'll need to call Disney to "open up/link" your actual MM purchase.

There must have been a purchase glitch for both of you.

Did you link the MM to your MDE? That might be the issue too, my buddy that just went had what seems to be the same issue. I could be wrong however.

All pictures show up in your MDE account whether or not MM has been pre purchased.

Because the watermarks are still showing in all photos, you'll need to call Disney to "open up/link" your actual MM purchase.

There must have been a purchase glitch for both of you.
Thank you. I figured since they are on my MDE and purchased through there they would be opened up.

When you're home from your trip, you can go to your PhotoPass and download all the pictures. That made the watermark disappear for me and I was able to edit from there. Hope this helps!

It is saying it is already linked. On hold with Disney now but said the wait time is 30 minutes for photopass assistance. Guess I am not the only one having issues. In the meantime, can anyone answer the other questions I asked?

When you're home from your trip, you can go to your PhotoPass and download all the pictures. That made the watermark disappear for me and I was able to edit from there. Hope this helps!
I thought if I download all of the options for editing would go away. Does it save your original as well? What is the " claim your photos" button for?

I had to use claim your photos button when I had to manually enter in a code for pictures that didn't appear in my PhotoPass.

I'm on my phone so when I went to double check the editing option wasn't there but I know when I was on the computer I was able to put a Magic Kingdom border on one of the pictures after I downloaded them.

Hopefully someone will be able to double check since I'm not near a computer at the moment :cool:

Thanks... scared to do anything for fear of losing them and not being able to use all of the cool borders and save the originals.

Memory maker doesn't activate until you go to download the photos so technically you haven't started the purchase yet. Download one of the photos, it'll ask if your activating memory maker and then the watermarks should go away for the next 30 days (which it the time you have to download them. keep in mind photos expire in 45 days and a separate count down.

Memory maker doesn't activate until you go to download the photos so technically you haven't started the purchase yet. Download one of the photos, it'll ask if your activating memory maker and then the watermarks should go away for the next 30 days (which it the time you have to download them. keep in mind photos expire in 45 days and a separate count down.
So if I download, will I still be able to use all of the borders and sizes and edits? Does it save my original along with all of the edits, and what does the Claim your photos button mean?

So if I download, will I still be able to use all of the borders and sizes and edits? Does it save my original along with all of the edits, and what does the Claim your photos button mean?

your thinking too much into it, you have 30 days of unlimited downlaods once it's activated. it's like a ticket, it doesnt' start until you use it once just download any photo and memory maker will start and then you've paid and you can do whatever you want. any photo, doesn't matter you have 30 days of unlimited downloading of them, editing, whatever (unless the picture expires first)

I have been editing all the photos through the actual website. When I was at WDW and looking at them on MDE there was a watermark and it would constantly ask if I wanted to activate. I didn't want to activate them there because I didn't want to start my 30 days to edit while I was still there, so I waited to activate them when I got home. (the term might be claim- I can't remember, whatever it asks when you try to look at the picture on MDE) I have not actually downloaded any pictures yet, but on the website there are no watermarks at all. At home I am looking at all my pictures (over 1000) on mydisneyphotopass.com When I login there, it shows all the photos from MDE. The "Claim photos" button allows you to enter any photopass cards you might have (we had them from Enchanted Tales with Belle as well as Jedi Training)- it loads all the photos from the session onto your account and then you can delete the ones you don't need. When I change the photo size, add a border, etc, I click a "Create A Copy" button on the screen and then it saves the original photo every time- i can go back to that and add different borders and make them different sizes as many times as I want. I haven't downloaded anything yet because I thought it all had to be done at once, but I am getting close to being ready for that anyway.

Thank you! Now I get it... Sorry. I just didn't want to screw anything up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter