Offsite Suggestions...PLEASE.

momofboyz3

DIS Veteran
Happy Holidays!!!!
Decisions...decisions.....

I just started to do some research & hoping to get some insight from the experts.
Usually, we stay @ a moderate WDW resort. I went to book our Summer getaway and thought, "maybe I should try an offsite this time??" It's 4 of us. My twins who just turned 18 and my 13 yr old. All boys. We don't usually mind sharing a smaller space.
I was eyeing the Doubletree & The B both in Disney Springs. Is it really that rough being out of the "Disney Bubble" We will be in WDW for 6 nights & then Universal for 3 staying @ Cabana Bay Family Suite for the 1st time!!

Any thoughts are appreciated!!!!

Are you looking for a hotel room or a townhouse/condo? They're very different things.

To answer your question on if it's that rough being out of the Disney bubble, my honest answer is that it would be incredibly rough for us staying IN the "Disney bubble". No way would we want to do it, we are strictly offsite people. So much better for us.

Let us know if you want a hotel or condo/house.

Are you looking for a hotel room or a townhouse/condo? They're very different things.

To answer your question on if it's that rough being out of the Disney bubble, my honest answer is that it would be incredibly rough for us staying IN the "Disney bubble". No way would we want to do it, we are strictly offsite people. So much better for us.

Let us know if you want a hotel or condo/house.
Thank you so much for your response! I'm not renting a car so I would be looking at a hotel. I'm looking at a few in Disney Springs!

Just stayed at The B resort in thanksgiving (1night before our timeshare started). The pool family room has a king bed and twin bunkbeds (oldest had her apartment), balcony overlooking pool area, quick walk to DS. Actually really liked the hotel.
Staying at Doubletree after CSR in a few days...
We've stayed on and offsite- for longer trips tend to either all off site or split stay. We need the space, separate beds, more than one bathroom...this upcoming trip just me and DH so space isn't as big of issue.

To answer your question on Disney bubble- how "must do" are you about going to the parks? We are much more relaxed in touring style so when we are ready to leave we leave.

After two onsite stays this fall I'd thought I'd miss that Disney bubble more at Thanksgiving. Nope- our timeshare condo/resort was fabulous and a vacation oasis all by itself!

Thank you so much for your response! I'm not renting a car so I would be looking at a hotel. I'm looking at a few in Disney Springs!

Honestly, then I'd suggest staying onsite. How are you going to get around, especially from the hotel? Do NOT try to rely on a hotel shuttle, you'll regret it, big time. If you're staying offsite, get a car.

Is it really that rough being out of the "Disney Bubble"

Nope... I've done several visits off site and a few on-site (CBR, Coronado and POFQ). Most recently I was on site.... did the whole bus thing, stayed at POFQ... it was cute, was it worth the overpricing? No. It wasn't out of this world amazing compared to anywhere else and the rooms desperately need the refurb they are about to undergo. I really enjoyed our previous visit and we stayed at Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa in a 3 bedroom unit with a full kitchen, 2 bathrooms and a balcony overlooking the pool. A lot more breathing room and for me, more relaxed. I love WDW but "the bubble" is just not a thing for me.

However -- we rented a minivan. The last time we relied on a hotel shuttle was in 2005 and we stayed at a Days Inn that had a scheduled shuttle service to the parks. It wasn't terrible, but I like to leave when I'm ready, not on the shuttle's limited schedule, plus that trip was well before I had children, nowadays that would be a no go. I'd try to find a deal on a rental or budget for Uber.

We stayed at the Doubletree for 1 night in August. It was OK and the breakfast was quite good. They do charge for parking if you end up with a car and the front desk staff was slightly snarky when I made the take the parking off because my husband's company rate (which he can use for personal use) included parking. We did not use the shuttle but it's the Disney Springs shuttle and I believe it comes frequently.

We have stayed offsite many times but the best and most comfortable was when we had a condo/house/timeshare with a kitchen and laundry. I would do a back of the envelope comparison between a condo or timeshare and a Disney Springs hotel. I took a peek at the summer rates for the Doubletree and they were about $160 per night. That's over $1,000 for 6 nights. You can rent a condo/timeshare for less even if you account for an Uber/Lyft ride into the parks.

Happy Holidays!!!!
Decisions...decisions.....

I just started to do some research & hoping to get some insight from the experts.
Usually, we stay @ a moderate WDW resort. I went to book our Summer getaway and thought, "maybe I should try an offsite this time??" It's 4 of us. My twins who just turned 18 and my 13 yr old. All boys. We don't usually mind sharing a smaller space.
I was eyeing the Doubletree & The B both in Disney Springs. Is it really that rough being out of the "Disney Bubble" We will be in WDW for 6 nights & then Universal for 3 staying @ Cabana Bay Family Suite for the 1st time!!

Any thoughts are appreciated!!!!

Stayed at both, like them both ... and with adult kids.

If you are not renting a car then Disney Springs is the only place I would consider because of their bus system. Their shuttles are frequent and reliable. Offsite, not so much. You will also have access to Extra Magic Hours and once we get it clarified regarding who is included, you might get the 60 day FP+ booking ability.

Doubletree Suites are very nice, newly renovated a few years ago and well done. Bedroom with two beds and bathroom off of it, large living rooms with seating, dining table & chairs and kitchenette. Pool is nice for cooling off and relaxing, no slides but with older kids you should be fine. Walking distance to Disney Springs and across the street to some fast food options (if the construction there hasn't started but I think the buy out of those places will take awhile). No resort fee.

B Resort is boutique style and modern decor. We really enjoy it! We have stayed in the tower a few times, in outer rooms facing parking and the pool/patio rooms. The patio rooms give you a private patio with furniture and gate to pool, upper rooms balcony over pool or I would look at the tower rooms that come with a smaller sofa bed, be perfect for your younger with the other two in one queen, you in other. Older renovated hotel so the rooms are large. They have good dining there, great grab/go spot, game room, giant outdoor chess set, lots of seating throughout the outdoors. It's a very easy walk to Disney Springs. Resort fee but sometimes waived on specials

I wouldn't hesitate to book either, just depends on what works for you amenity and price wise. Compare direct to hotel, AAA if you have, www.disneyspringshotels.com and mousesavers.

Another point to consider is if you will be always returning directly from a park, or will you ever be returning from dinner/show at another Disney resort. If the latter, you would catch a Disney bus to Disney Springs and then you would transfer to your hotel's shuttle. However, the Disney buses and the non-Disney shuttles for Disney Springs hotels, have their stops in different areas of Disney Springs, so you would either have a long walk between the bus stops, or you could walk all the way back to your hotel from Disney Springs. If the weather is nice then it could be a lovely walk, but if you encounter excessive humidity or, as I did, rain, then it's not as fun.

We stayed onsite many times, at both POR, and WL, and enjoyed both. The last two summers, we have stayed offsite in a rental vacation home. Price wise, I found it similar to staying onsite, but tons more room, plus a full kitchen, 4 bathrooms, laundry machines, a private pool, and a driveway right next to the front door. Driving time, I find it doesn't really take any longer to drive ourselves back to the vacation home than it does to stand in line, wait for a bus, ride to a resort, and then walk to our room. For me, it wasn't difficult staying offsite, and being out of the "bubble," and in many ways, we actually enjoy it more.

Mousesavers tweeted a great deal for the B Resort last night! 35% off rates, free upgrade to Captivating and waived resort fee. Have to book by Jan 1, 2018 and travel by Nov 30, 2018.
I booked this deal - a junior suite. Hoping to get some more reviews. Can't beat the rate though I can't get a straight answer about fast pass booking.

:flower1: Just want to thank everyone who took a moment to respond!!! I'm sooo nervous about booking anything other than Disney owned hotel. But, some of your responses are really calming me down about it. Plus, I think my boys will appreciate the extra space.
ThankYou again!

Good luck! Just throwing another recommendation in for a car and a condo/townhouse. I'm literally sitting in our rental condo as I write this. 3 bedrooms, 3 full bath, full kitchen, laundry, etc...about 1100 sq ft...all for less than a hotel room cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter