Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2020

Good Luck to all with park reservation making come monday... we have a stay at Pop but as APs if we reserve parks now for race weekend we’d be locked out of going till then (APs are restricted to three reservations off site OR length of stay onsite/select good neighbor hotels at a time)

I know right now its all a lot of assumptions and speculations, but lets assume the race will go ahead as planned. I'm thinking about the park reservation thing. I'll be on site for 5 days, and given the state of EPCOT right now I'm not too jazzed at the idea of spending a whole days reservation on EPCOT. I enjoy EPCOT and would normally hop over and spend a few hours there. If we assume the race moves ahead and the registration fee includes the after hours event at EPCOT, would that be enough to give me my EPCOT fill. Ive never done one before so just curious for others thoughts.

I know right now its all a lot of assumptions and speculations, but lets assume the race will go ahead as planned. I'm thinking about the park reservation thing. I'll be on site for 5 days, and given the state of EPCOT right now I'm not too jazzed at the idea of spending a whole days reservation on EPCOT. I enjoy EPCOT and would normally hop over and spend a few hours there. If we assume the race moves ahead and the registration fee includes the after hours event at EPCOT, would that be enough to give me my EPCOT fill. Ive never done one before so just curious for others thoughts.

I think so. We had planned to do Epcot on our check in day for dinner around the World. Then our only other time there would be the after party. Since we use military salute tickets and hadn't purchased them prior to the shut down we'll be lucky to be able to go to the parks. In which case I might come home a day earlier. We'll have to see what happens as things get close and capacity levels may be adjusted at all. Who knows what will happen, but I'm not optimistic about getting park days at this point for W&D or Marathon weekend.

My plan right now is to try to reserve HS for Friday and Saturday. Hopefully get my Epcot fill at the after party. And reserve MK for Monday. I'm hoping I can do reservations tomorrow. I have a ticket, but I bought it seperately from UCT. I don't have a package. I think that's ok, but the wording is weird.

My plan right now is to try to reserve HS for Friday and Saturday. Hopefully get my Epcot fill at the after party. And reserve MK for Monday. I'm hoping I can do reservations tomorrow. I have a ticket, but I bought it seperately from UCT. I don't have a package. I think that's ok, but the wording is weird.
I know they said APs with resort can book Monday so not just packages

my current game plan (assuming park reservations are not locked and you can modify/cancel if needed) is to not rush the system Monday & wait till I’m off Tue or Wed when I’m off work to play around (assuming the weekend isn’t already at full capacity)
Then if Resort stays count toward my AP quota if I want to go sooner just cancel my check in/out day

I’m wondering if we’ll even be able to book park reservations tomorrow. As of right now there are no park hours posted on either the app or website past October 31. Since I have an AP and hotel reservation I’m going to try but I’m not holding out much hope.

I’m wondering if we’ll even be able to book park reservations tomorrow. As of right now there are no park hours posted on either the app or website past October 31. Since I have an AP and hotel reservation I’m going to try but I’m not holding out much hope.
The info seems to be lacking or contradictory, but it appears that tomorrow may be only for people with on-site reservations and tickets through September, 2020. But other sites/blogs say through September, 2021. I'm going to be on the safe side and try to reserve park days for W&D tomorrow, if I can get through what could be a very bad Disney IT day. I'm also an AP with a reservation at Pop during W&D, so hopefully we will both find out tomorrow.

I'm definitely getting more nervous everytime I check my volunteer site and there is still no sign up date for volunteers. The last few years, we had already known the date for almost two months and it's in about 2-3 weeks, typically falling the second week of July.

Not that signing up guarantees anything as we saw for Star Wars, but for some reason, it would make me feel better. Then I think, I wonder how that would end up since about 80% of the volunteers fall into the elderly/most vulnerable population?!? All I know is I really wanted to run my 10K and enjoy my after party with my challenge running daughter and friends and I fear it's not happening. Trying to stay positive!

My anxiety brain is now spiraling reading the list of “if you have these symptoms you can’t be at a resort list” since I suffer from allergies & migraines + post race id definitely have muscle aches and pains getting off the bus

My anxiety brain is now spiraling reading the list of “if you have these symptoms you can’t be at a resort list” since I suffer from allergies & migraines + post race id definitely have muscle aches and pains getting off the bus

I have to assume they are going to know everyone will be sore and achy after races, right? I would hope so at least!

I have to assume they are going to know everyone will be sore and achy after races, right? I would hope so at least!
The headache and watery eyes are the two things I’m worried about
( for instance During last years 10k between pre race characters and getting into the corals I had a mild headache simply due to the “time of the month” that wore off by mile 1)

The headache and watery eyes are the two things I’m worried about
( for instance During last years 10k between pre race characters and getting into the corals I had a mild headache simply due to the “time of the month” that wore off by mile 1)

That is rough. I honestly don't think there would be any way for them to even know or detect that though. I am also prone to headaches, it's not unusual for me to have 3 to 4 a week for most of my life. So that wouldn't be a good clue that I'm sick either!

They are specifically looking for unexplained COVID-19 symptoms. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms due to non-COVID reasons (allergies, asthma, etc.) they do not care. They are only concerned about something new or unexplained.

I'm trying to figure out if today's park reservation debacle is worse than registering for a RunDisney event.

A RunDisney event is worse because there is the stress of seeing other people get in, and watching events close up.
Park reservations are worse, because it's 70+ minutes after "virtual rope drop" and I haven't heard about a single confirmed park reservation.

My preliminary ruling is , "RunDisney registration is worse". However, if I can't get into any parks at all, I reserve the right to change my judgment.

I'm trying to figure out if today's park reservation debacle is worse than registering for a RunDisney event.

A RunDisney event is worse because there is the stress of seeing other people get in, and watching events close up.
Park reservations are worse, because it's 70+ minutes after "virtual rope drop" and I haven't heard about a single confirmed park reservation.

My preliminary ruling is , "RunDisney registration is worse". However, if I can't get into any parks at all, I reserve the right to change my judgment.
Its not live yet, and apparently Disney doesn't know when it will be. At least thats what they are telling TAs on the phone trying to modify reservations which Disney also can't do right now.

Its not live yet, and apparently Disney doesn't know when it will be. At least thats what they are telling TAs on the phone trying to modify reservations which Disney also can't do right now.
When is it going live? Are they just going to make us guess? And will they limit the number of reservations for today so they will have some for “other reservation” day? Will I ever get to go to a theme park again? Has the world turned upside down? Are aliens passing by earth and shaking their heads at the pandemonium? I need answers!

One day Disney will realize that you have to have a buffer between when the system is “ready” and when they announce it can be used. This just in time platform development never works out well for them.

When is it going live? Are they just going to make us guess? And will they limit the number of reservations for today so they will have some for “other reservation” day? Will I ever get to go to a theme park again? Has the world turned upside down? Are aliens passing by earth and shaking their heads at the pandemonium? I need answers!
It is live now! I got my dates for Wine and Dine. You likely will have to sit in the queue much like runDisney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter