• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

I really wish they would release park hours earlier! It would help a lot with my planning! But then they release hours and extend them later on so really it's still a guessing game!

I really wish they'd release a fall room discount for me so I can see if I'm still staying where I'm staying or changing that plan! ACK!

I really wish they'd release a fall room discount for me so I can see if I'm still staying where I'm staying or changing that plan! ACK!

Exactly where I am at! Discounts, either fall room discount or passholder discount sometime soon would be nice! haha

Thanks for your help so far guys, hoping you can help me with a few more questions;

1) I fancy a bit of a fast (relatively speaking of course) blast at the 5K, as it's not timed I assume there's no corral-allocation (?) so it is just a case a getting there early to get up near the front? And by early as we saying an hour before the 6.30am start? Earlier? Later?

2) We're taking our daughter for her first WDW trip and want our running to have as little impact on her visit as possible (I wouldn't drag her up out of bed to watch a 5am race!). With that in mind, how easy is it to get back to the resorts (we're staying at POFQ) after the races? Could I be back within say an hour of the race finishing or is it much more difficult on a practicality scale?

3) With regards to the 'double challenge' medal, how do the marshalls/volunteers know you've done both challenges when dishing out the medals at the end? Is it a different bib for the 'double' as opposed to the individual distance races?

4) I see it states we must register before August to have our bib 'personalised', does the personalisation have to state our proper full name or can we choose cool, fun nicknames?

5) Can we use our memory-maker to sync up the pics taken during the events or do they need to be viewed/purchased separately?

6) In addition to me doing the 5K, both my wife and I fancy each of the other races; the 10K (wife) and Half (Me again). I'd be looking at going through a Charity for the 5K place now that they're sold out, but I assume we couldn't 'split/share' the 'Double Challenge' bib (which is still available) to get entries into the sold out 10K and Half. Does that make sense?!

Many thanks guys!

Thanks for your help so far guys, hoping you can help me with a few more questions;

1) I fancy a bit of a fast (relatively speaking of course) blast at the 5K, as it's not timed I assume there's no corral-allocation (?) so it is just a case a getting there early to get up near the front? And by early as we saying an hour before the 6.30am start? Earlier? Later?

The 5K will still be corralled. There will probably be around 5 to 6 corrals.

2) We're taking our daughter for her first WDW trip and want our running to have as little impact on her visit as possible (I wouldn't drag her up out of bed to watch a 5am race!). With that in mind, how easy is it to get back to the resorts (we're staying at POFQ) after the races? Could I be back within say an hour of the race finishing or is it much more difficult on a practicality scale?

I find it really easy to get back to the resorts. I've had one issue in my many races but that was b/c the bus drive got lost but even then it took 45 minutes. They have designated buses for the hotels for the races.

3) With regards to the 'double challenge' medal, how do the marshalls/volunteers know you've done both challenges when dishing out the medals at the end? Is it a different bib for the 'double' as opposed to the individual distance races?!

There are different bibs for the challenge than the 10K/Half Marathon.

4) I see it states we must register before August to have our bib 'personalised', does the personalisation have to state our proper full name or can we choose cool, fun nicknames?!

It will be your proper first name. No fun nicknames.

5) Can we use our memory-maker to sync up the pics taken during the events or do they need to be viewed/purchased separately?

Yes you can use memory-maker.

6) In addition to me doing the 5K, both my wife and I fancy each of the other races; the 10K (wife) and Half (Me again). I'd be looking at going through a Charity for the 5K place now that they're sold out, but I assume we couldn't 'split/share' the 'Double Challenge' bib (which is still available) to get entries into the sold out 10K and Half. Does that make sense?!

Many thanks guys!

You cannot share the Double Challenge bib.

Many thanks guys!

I agree with everything @Dis_Yoda said. I've had one 5k experience with a 3 year old staying back at the room with family while I ran. So just one situation I can share. I made a breakfast reservation for my family in the hotel I was staying at for 8:15am that morning. I told them to go to it and eat whether I was back or not so kiddo could be fed on schedule. And if I got back in time to shower and join them I would, or I would join them still costumed and sweaty.
Ended up getting off my bus at 8:10am and walking right into the hotel and right to the table before they even had the waitress take the drink orders. I freshened up a little in the women's restroom. So I ended up eating still in my outfit and medal (which actually made for cute pics.) (PS I was corral B and stopped for pictures so 38:00 total run time, but also stopped for pics after, and the bus line took much longer than I expected.)
So basically I'd say make sure your kiddo and family has something to do so they aren't waiting on you and allow yourself to be the flexible one that can meet up with them. Only my advise, Your mileage may vary :)

Thanks guys, helpful and prompt replies, much appreciated, if anyone cares to chip in with any further info that'd be great!

If the 5K is corralled, do we need to submit proof-of-time to be allocated one near the front?

Apologies for the million questions, whilst I'm most certainly not new to running I'm completely a novice when it comes to RunDisney!

If the 5K is corralled, do we need to submit proof-of-time to be allocated one near the front?

It's a combination of what your projected time is (what you actually put in when you registered) and where rD wants you. You'll be in the corral +/- 1 from where you projected your time basically. (No proof of time required)

Brian

Last year the 10k (first yr for wine & dine 10k ) was all at EPCOT, same course as during Jan marathon weekend & Princess weekend. It says Start/Finish: Epcot® on rundisney so I would assume it's going to be that same course and not the Darkside course. Darkside 10k is a totally new course this year (it was a new different course last yr too for it's first yr). Of course their start/finish description could very well change, but for now I would go with it being the EPCOT course like last year & not Darkside.
Choosing the right run seems to be more of a challenge to me than actually running it! o_O

I was initially ready to push the go button for the Dark Side 10k, then my husband said he might want to join me for the Wine and Dine 10k, then he was discouraged by the early start and now, seeing the difference between these two courses, I am not sure whether I prefer attempting the half.

It's is all for fun anyway! And I love reading these posts so thank you for all the input!

Has anyone stayed at Port Orleans Riverside for this race, or other races? I haven't done Wine & Dine since it was at night and back then we stayed at a Boardwalk hotel so we could walk back after the party. Assuming the busing from the finish is similar to during Princess and SW Darkside weekends, I figure Port Orleans wouldn't be much of a hassle. Does Riverside share with French Quarter for the race and does anyone know which gets dropped off first after? (Assuming they are host resorts, I guess)

I'd been keen to know too Figment as we're at POFQ.

We're signed up and in for the 5K and 10K, went through a charity. Now my wife and I love a good Expo (the one at Boston was unreal!) but it just wouldn't be fair to drag our daughter round to pick up our bibs. How big is the ESPN Wide World Of Sports? We're thinking we could set up camp in the Sports Grill for some lunch then take it in turns to go have a look round whilst the other looks after Jnr. Or is there anything there to amuse kids.....?

My Dad, DH, 12yo, and myself are doing the 5k. Our first rD race, my dad used to do triathlons but for the rest of us it's our first race! My 11yo did not want to do it and decided to stay at resort with Grandmama, now he's changed his mind that it's sold out. :headache: I am very excited about it being our first race. Wish there was more "concrete" info to quell my anxiousness. Like course layout and such. Anyway, thanks for all the info!

Hello everyone!
My husband and I will be running the half on Sunday and would like to go to Art Smith's in Disney Springs for our post-celebratory meal with my family. What time would you recommend we make the ADR for? We will unfortunately not be able to submit a POT so will not be in one of the earlier corrals. That said, I am estimating we will finish it in about 2 and a half hours. We are staying at a timeshare right across from Disney Springs so getting to Art Smith's won't be too big of a deal. TIA!

I have not searched through all 27 pages of this thread, so sorry if this has already been asked.

My wife and I are running in the challenge and was wanting to know what time we would be allowed entry into Epcot for the Post-Race Party? Is it like the Magic Kingdom events where you can get into the park several hours before the official start of the party? We were trying to figure out if we would be able to get in early enough to do dinner at one of the countries without having to use an additional park ticket.

I have not searched through all 27 pages of this thread, so sorry if this has already been asked.

My wife and I are running in the challenge and was wanting to know what time we would be allowed entry into Epcot for the Post-Race Party? Is it like the Magic Kingdom events where you can get into the park several hours before the official start of the party? We were trying to figure out if we would be able to get in early enough to do dinner at one of the countries without having to use an additional park ticket.

Last year I believe we could enter at 7pm.

Has anyone stayed at Port Orleans Riverside for this race, or other races? I haven't done Wine & Dine since it was at night and back then we stayed at a Boardwalk hotel so we could walk back after the party. Assuming the busing from the finish is similar to during Princess and SW Darkside weekends, I figure Port Orleans wouldn't be much of a hassle. Does Riverside share with French Quarter for the race and does anyone know which gets dropped off first after? (Assuming they are host resorts, I guess)

I stayed at Riverside this past year and though all the transportation was fine. No problems with race or park buses for me. I know after the race we did share with French Quarter and they were dropped off first. Last year all resorts were host resorts.

Just saw that Splash Mountain will be closed Aug 28-Nov 16th for refurb. So us W&D runners will have to skip it.

My kiddo was so excited to try it since she's finally tall enough. I'll have to talk her distract her with other fun rides.

Hello fellow runners!!!

Medical emergency prohibited me from doing the Darkside, but I am excited for this race! I'm doing all three and I have my fingers crossed that this time it will all work out!! I'm a little bummed 5k isn't Christmas themed this year, I was looking forward to that. But does anybody know when all the fun information starts coming out? Like character theme? I am correct when I say it was Ratatouille, Figment, and Lumiere in the past? I can't wait to start brainstorming some costumes!! Thanks everyone! So excited!!!!
:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter