• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Wine and Dine 2016 thread

Really surprised about this misspelling debacle. (really wanted the purple tech shirt for the 10k I hate running in long sleeves)

Also frustrated they weren't honest and up front with people yesterday. I was told yesterday that they weren't in yet. I asked will they definitely be here this weekend? The girl responded yes they will be here they just will not be here today.

I go back today to exchange some stuff and check again, I ask around and they will NOT be here this weekend.

Ok fine. Then I ask, for those of us who actually participated in this inaugural event and would like that shirt, will we be able to get it at some point? No one knew an answer.

One of them actually mentioned that there was a dispute over the error. I was like huh?!?!?! Certainly the company that printed the shirts only printed the artwork that was submitted to them by Run Disney.

Anyway, who knows what will happen. This was my first Run Disney Event. To say the least, it's really disappointing a company this large can't use spell check...

Got 10k magnet this am at moms work at expo no lines at all in field house unless Jolstens is the **** show I've heard horror stories about I'll be impressed

Are headphones allowed? Do many people wear them? My running buddy can't make it and I'm worried about doing 13.1 with no one to talk to. Thanks!

Are headphones allowed? Do many people wear them? My running buddy can't make it and I'm worried about doing 13.1 with no one to talk to. Thanks!
They are discouraged but not prohibited - you need to be able to hear on-course announcements and those around you.

As long as you can hear what's going on, you'll be fine. But I personally find that I don't need them at Disney since there's a lot going on to keep me entertained. :)

So I am driving from a resort right next to animal kingdom to the 10km and half... do you think I could get my dad to drop me off at animal kingdom and take resort transport to the race.... and If not. We are new... does anyone have an idea on traffic in the morning.. is it easy to drive into epcot ? or like Insannneeee backups?

DW may to try and walk as far as she can tomorrow. She may not be at the Boardwalk.

Just took our runDisney gift cards to the front desk. At first I was told I couldn't use them. Then she asked her supervisor what to do. He told her to type in the codes on the email. They seem to lack scanners at the resort front desk. FYI everyone

DW may to try and walk as far as she can tomorrow. She may not be at the Boardwalk.

Just took our runDisney gift cards to the front desk. At first I was told I couldn't use them. Then she asked her supervisor what to do. He told her to type in the codes on the email. They seem to lack scanners at the resort front desk. FYI everyone

We just bought a $20 gift card and loaded both our codes onto it. I'm sure we'll have no problems spending $50 at the booths by Wednesday.

Had a blast working the 5K this morning! Got to see quite a few faces from here that I recognized, and sad I missed some I was looking for.

I hope everyone has a great rest of the race weekend!

Here is me for tomorrow!

Screen Shot 2016-11-04 at 7.49.29 PM.png

We had a great dinner at Il Mulino. My husband wants to watch the fireworks at Hollywood Studios and then its time for bed! (Our room at Swan was upgraded to the top floor and overlooking Hollywood Studios) Gotta get enough sleep for that 3AM wake up!

I'm also breaking the rule of nothing different on race day. I always run in tank tops - but seeing as this will be mostly a walk - this should be ok.

I'll be in C Corral.

My husband will be in A Corral in his Boba Fett shirt

Getting my stuff ready for the race tomorrow and realized we didn't get stickers for the gear check bags and we need to check a bag since we're going to the Parisian breakfast afterwards and not sure we'll have time to come back shower and cb age with Djsny transport. Anyone else have this issue? And anyone know what to do?

So I know it's a long shot, but does anybody have a men's medium 10k shirt they'd like to trade for a large? My brother thinks his is too big and they didn't have any mediums at the shirt exchange at the expo. Thanks!

Getting my stuff ready for the race tomorrow and realized we didn't get stickers for the gear check bags and we need to check a bag since we're going to the Parisian breakfast afterwards and not sure we'll have time to come back shower and cb age with Djsny transport. Anyone else have this issue? And anyone know what to do?

You'll either write on the bag or get a sticker at bag drop tomorrow. No stickers were given out at bib pickup this time as they're trying a new system ...

You'll either write on the bag or get a sticker at bag drop tomorrow. No stickers were given out at bib pickup this time as they're trying a new system ...

Sweet! Thanks Keels! Wondered if that was the case, but hoped for confirmation so I feel better now!

I meant to try to take a peek and see what the process was this morning, but I was well out on the course getting ready before I had a chance to ride my bike back and see what was happening.

I did see bags being picked up and it looked just as efficient as before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter