Official Trailer for Beauty and the Beast!

AkshaG

The Disney Girl
The official trailer for Beauty and the Beast:

I'm so excited for March 17th! What do you guys think?

I watched it on my phone earlier today. I can't wait to watch it at home on the TV!
It looks awesome. It will be a great anniversary date night.

I watched it like three times already today! They also did a short question and answer thing with some of the cast live on the Beauty and the Beast facebook page this morning. Beauty and the Beast has always been my favorite Disney movie, and I absolutely cannot wait for this! It looks like it will be absolutely wonderful, and comes out just a week before my birthday!!

Now this is something I'd really like to see! While the original movie is endearing as it is, it would be interesting to see this version too. I agree that the film looks indeed impressive.

I'm so intrigued to see the changes they made to the film. Recently this article popped up and was featured on Snapchat http://www.refinery29.com/2016/11/128198/beauty-and-the-beast-meaning-bad-moral-values#slide

I really don't agree that the original movie was as bad. I know that Emma Watson said that they made Belle the inventor in this live-action movie because she never really had a back-story as to why she didn't fit in, which I agree with, but what do you guys think about the article?

I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, but I just don't get it. It's not that I won't go see it, It's just upsetting that Disney has boiled it down to making live action versions of the animated classics. My girlfriends and I want to make a girls night of it and that's fine, I'm sure it's great moive. I just don't have a hard time believing Disney is out of ideas. I also don't agree with the casting of Emma Watson as Belle... let the backlash begin... lol

I honestly didn't really get it either, nor did I really like that they were creating live-action remakes of our old classic movies. However, I think that's the reason why they did it. Because these movies are no longer classics for the kids watching Disney movies now, so they just want them to remain classics in the minds of everyone whether it be in its live-action form or cartoon form. I also think they're adding twists to the story i.e. Maleficent to make the live-action movies a bit different and still enjoyable and enthralling for those who already love the cartoon movie and for those who didn't like it either - like this was their second shot at trying to make those people like it.

How come you don't agree with the casting of Emma Watson as Belle?

I honestly didn't really get it either, nor did I really like that they were creating live-action remakes of our old classic movies. However, I think that's the reason why they did it. Because these movies are no longer classics for the kids watching Disney movies now, so they just want them to remain classics in the minds of everyone whether it be in its live-action form or cartoon form. I also think they're adding twists to the story i.e. Maleficent to make the live-action movies a bit different and still enjoyable and enthralling for those who already love the cartoon movie and for those who didn't like it either - like this was their second shot at trying to make those people like it.

How come you don't agree with the casting of Emma Watson as Belle?

That is a good point and for that, I like that they want these movies to resonate with a younger audience.

I am certainly not the expert on actors/actresses, but I just don't feel like she is that great. She doesn't have a strong presence and I feel like Belle really has to be that independent spirit with a little bit of fight in her. I don't see that in Emma Watson. Maybe the movie will change my mind. I also don't like that she has an English accent while Belle is French. I guess for me it's about staying true to the movie.

I will give the trailer credit, it was pretty accurate. I gotta give them that.

We really enjoy the live action remakes, but maybe we're in the minority. Mulan is the kids' favorite so that will be a must see. We saw the BotB trailer in 3D when we went to see Moana and my son was entranced. Looking forward to seeing it in the theater and having these movies resonate for our kids as much as they did for me when I was their age.

I loved the live action Cinderella, though it was a bit too over-narrated for me, but I think what made it work was how different it was from Disney's original movie. Clearly they drew inspiration from it, but it really stands as it's own movie. I think it's going to be harder for Beauty and the Beast to do that, since it's so undeniably based on the 90s movie and probably nothing else, where Cinderella reincorporated elements of the original fairy tale Disney omitted in their original movie. I'm excited to see the new Beauty and the Beast - I think the casting is on point and the production value looks amazing, though I'm not a fan of the costuming so far - but I don't think it's ever going to be able to replace or outdo the original. I'm glad these live action movies don't seem to be Disney "replacing" the originals, just expanding on them and giving grown up Disney fans a new way to enjoy the films they grew up with. If the parks and product lines started replacing the animated character designs with the live action looks, I'd be upset.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter