• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

I think removing the Tiers would have a bigger impact at Epcot. I know for us scheduling morning there seems a waste when can only get one decent FP. If you could book even 2/3 of FEA, Soarin, TT it would help. So instead we just go for an evening to eat and hopefully get a 4th FP for one of those. But since they just moved Character Spot up to Tier 1, doubt that is their thinking.
There is really no need to remove Tiers at Epcot. It's working well actually the way it's set up now
Anyone who's been in the past few months can attest that you can get any of the Tier 1 rides same day well into the afternoon. Last week we got FEA on 2 different days and found Soarin' and TT as 5th and 6th FP each day. They lasted almost all day. FEA was the only one that was sort of rare.

As to why they moved Character Spot, that one is still a puzzle quite honestly.

Are trip is planned for 9/27-10/9 and I have 2 evenings and one morning at HS to try and do TSL. I am a little worried with the AP and DVC events. Will these days affect crowding does anyone know based on past events like this? Does this mean park hours could change or that TSL will close early/open late to the public? :confused3 I'm pretty much locked in because of hard to get ADR's on several days of vacation as well as Halloween and dessert parties etc.
I would not expect hours to change. I expect it to be crowded despite these additions as well.

What are everyone's thoughts at this point regarding soft openings to the general public in the week/couple of days leading up to June 30th?

I would not expect hours to change. I expect it to be crowded despite these additions as well.
Oh yeah I expect it to be crowded. I'm just worried it will add to the crowds, I did pick my days at each park based on several crowd calendars but these days weren't announced back then so now wondering how badly it impacts those days. Like 5% I could live with but if the AP/DVC days are 50% more crowded I may have to scramble to figure things out.

Oh yeah I expect it to be crowded. I'm just worried it will add to the crowds, I did pick my days at each park based on several crowd calendars but these days weren't announced back then so now wondering how badly it impacts those days. Like 5% I could live with but if the AP/DVC days are 50% more crowded I may have to scramble to figure things out.
I don’t think you’ll notice a huge uptick in crowds due to these additional things.

Confirmed there will not be any

OK, thanks, I guess that's what I get for skimming... I thought it was confirmed there would be no scheduled AP or DVC previews in other parts of June. I didn't realize that they confirmed that there would be no soft openings at all in just the few days (even the day before) before it officially opens.

Kinda worries me that there will be no soft openings. I wonder how the crow is going to feel for all the universal bashers. This sounds a lot like the volcano bay situation and we all know how well that went down.

I know they have said none but minds have changed before. They can still opt to let some in that happen to be around, just randomly, the day before, for instance. Think it is very, very, very unlikely but I also never say never.

Nah, I can't imagine an AP preview is going to draw that many noticeable people prior to their preview slot. This isn't a group that doesn't already get their fill of the park any other time. They'll be most inclined to go for their preview and nothing more, especially if it's hot out. I mean sure, some will come for more than that but not 50% by any means. It will be a small percentage. I wouldn't worry at all.

Besides that, the dates aren't even announced yet (unless I missed something) so you could be well after them anyway.

OK, thanks, I guess that's what I get for skimming... I thought it was confirmed there would be no scheduled AP or DVC previews in other parts of June. I didn't realize that they confirmed that there would be no soft openings at all in just the few days (even the day before) before it officially opens.

They confirmed there wouldn't be any sign up concrete previews for regular guests. They could do a small soft opening for guests at the right place at the right time type of thing, but I doubt it

If an eligible Passholder would like to register a Guest to accompany them, that Guest must also have a valid Gold, Platinum, Platinum Plus or Premier annual pass, be listed on your Family & Friends list and have opted to share “All My Plans” with you.
Anyone have thoughts: I have a Platinum pass that's active, and my brother is purchasing a Platinum pass in a few days but won't activate until our Sept arrival...would he potentially be allowed as a guest of mine? (obviously assumes I get a date/time to match etc...) He is listed on my F&F list and we've shared all plans.

anyone else stalking this thread? ::yes::
uhm....only for months..or whenever Ryan started it. :rolleyes1

There is really no need to remove Tiers at Epcot. It's working well actually the way it's set up now
Anyone who's been in the past few months can attest that you can get any of the Tier 1 rides same day well into the afternoon. Last week we got FEA on 2 different days and found Soarin' and TT as 5th and 6th FP each day. They lasted almost all day. FEA was the only one that was sort of rare.

As to why they moved Character Spot, that one is still a puzzle quite honestly.

I wouldn't neccessarily say that is evidence the tiers aren't keeping people away from Epcot. I understand you had a good experience and maybe most days are like that getting additional tier 1, but the vast majority of guests probably have no idea of that (especially if it involves refreshing). They see you can only book 3 FPs and only 1 of those can be a tier 1. For many not getting a FP in advance equates to long wait to ride even if that isn't always the case.

So I went to my email account and searched for any passholder emails. I found the "welcome" email from when we purchased them, added the sender to my contacts and BOOM got the TSL email a few minutes later.

Hopefully we get to register!!!
is yours activated yet? Mine wont get activated until Sept

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter