• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

Sounds like TSM is standby only until late May (same entrance/exit?)
And TSL itself will not open until late June.

So what happens with Toy Story Mania for the month of June?
FP come back online in late May, but same old entrance?
or will there be a new entrance/exit through the new land, even though nothing else is available there in TSL?
Or will they take it down again in late June to swap the entrances?

I know its all speculation, but just wondering what the most likely scenario will be.
thanks in advance.

I was wondering the same thing. If they use the new entrance then they would need to block off the view of the rest of the land somehow. If they use the front entrance then it makes sense that some point there will be downtime for the ride to switch over completely to the new entrance. I have a feeling that in the weeks leading up to TSL opening that TSMM will be closed completely. Hopefully they have a way around this but I could see them having to close it.

If there is a preview for CMs/ AP / DVC I would imagine TSMM would have to be closed to the public then as well.

From April 9th until late May (likely until opening according to rumors) no Fastpasses are available for Toy Story Mania and the ride will be standby only to prepare for the opening of Toy Story Land.

I posted the above in red on the first page.

As someone who will be in WDW in early June this statement makes me sad - but I fear you are correct. Hoping for pixie dust and some FP availability for TSM during that time frame. If not I'm going to have to wake my family up for RD - or just ride the thing by myself!

From April 9th until late May (likely until opening according to rumors) no Fastpasses are available for Toy Story Mania and the ride will be standby only to prepare for the opening of Toy Story Land.

I posted the above in red on the first page.

I tried today for a TSMM fast pass on May 24th (via Club level 90 day offer) and was told that TSMM would be stand by only.

Anyone have any predictions on how lines will be once TSM goes to standby only? My family needs to register for Jedi Training at park opening, so no rope drop for us. Any thoughts on strategy for TSM?

Rope drop, PPO for Hollywood and Vine, or be prepared to wait 1-3 hours+.

That may or may not be true, nobody really knows. Right now, at the end of the night, it's literally a straight walk on...zero line. That may change, but it's possible it'll be a short wait at the end of the night. Or it could be hours...too hard to say.

Can anyone help me? Typically I'm good with Disney plans, but the no FP for TSMM threw a wrench in my plans. We are flying in mid-may in the morning Had plans to go to HS, but I know my five year old is going to crushed without Toy-Story. Any advice on how to get this ride in without a 3 hour wait? Fantasmic is scheduled for 9, and Star Wars for 9:30 according to Disney website, but it says the park closes at 9. Does this mean the last time to get in line is 9? We have a fantasmic dining package also. What is your best advice?

That may or may not be true, nobody really knows. Right now, at the end of the night, it's literally a straight walk on...zero line. That may change, but it's possible it'll be a short wait at the end of the night. Or it could be hours...too hard to say.
is this end of night before or after Fantasmic? I honestly hadn't even thought about fact I could try running to it after Fantasmic - I would be willing to leave the show a few minutes early to snag a quick ride on this in April.

Can anyone help me? Typically I'm good with Disney plans, but the no FP for TSMM threw a wrench in my plans. We are flying in mid-may in the morning Had plans to go to HS, but I know my five year old is going to crushed without Toy-Story. Any advice on how to get this ride in without a 3 hour wait? Fantasmic is scheduled for 9, and Star Wars for 9:30 according to Disney website, but it says the park closes at 9. Does this mean the last time to get in line is 9? We have a fantasmic dining package also. What is your best advice?

Are there 2 F! showings that night? Typically rides close at park closing time, like if you're IN LINE at the time the park closes, you generally are allowed to ride. If F! starts at closing time as the only show, then you wouldn't really make it, obviously. I know people tend to leave right before the end of F! to catch Star Wars fireworks, and that seems to be the only way to do both on a one-F!-night...if there are 2 F!s then maybe see if your dining can be modified to the first showing?

We will be there June 7-14. I'm thinking that if TSMM is back to operating all 3 tracks, standby only won't be horrible. I mean there
probably will still be some long waits, but the standby line would be continuously moving with no stoppages for the FP people to "cut" in the line. Again, that's if all 3 of the tracks are back up and running.

Are there 2 F! showings that night? Typically rides close at park closing time, like if you're IN LINE at the time the park closes, you generally are allowed to ride. If F! starts at closing time as the only show, then you wouldn't really make it, obviously. I know people tend to leave right before the end of F! to catch Star Wars fireworks, and that seems to be the only way to do both on a one-F!-night...if there are 2 F!s then maybe see if your dining can be modified to the first showing?

Thanks for the help! There is only one showing that night. We thought about cutting out a few minutes early and heading to TSMM before the fireworks show, but I'm guessing it will be closed then. Any ideas to make TSMM work?

Some type of construction work is going on inside TSMM. When we rode over the weekend, much of the inside where the line winds around was closed off. This could mean they are rearranging the entrance. Or not.

Anyone have any predictions on how lines will be once TSM goes to standby only? My family needs to register for Jedi Training at park opening, so no rope drop for us. Any thoughts on strategy for TSM?
Have you thought about doing a PPO ADR at Hollywood and Vine (you can do it as early as 8am, I believe)? If so, you can sign up for Jedi Training before you check in for your reservation. Ask for your check as soon as you sit down (as it is a buffet) and be prepared to finish breakfast as soon as possible to get out and line up at the ropes. You would still be behind non ADR folks but you probably gain some time compared to signing up for Jedi Training at rope drop (as waits can get long).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter