OFFICIAL The Pirates League Thread

Did some digging... a final decision has not be made. However, at the moment, it doesn't look hopeful. So if you're waiting for extended hours, I'd recommend going forward with creating some backup options.

Thanks for that info, Berlioz - I will still hold out hope that they extend it at least a few hours into the party. For now I'll hold onto the 3:30 appt that I have for DGrD. She is so excited to try this new experience!:goodvibes Looks like we'll all be pirates for MNSSHP this year - she sets the theme.;)

I was calling every day hoping for the extended pirates league hours on the MNSSHP night we'll be there. We are scheduled for 2pm. I started thinking about it, and even though we'll be in makeup for seveal hours before the party starts ... and all through dinner ... this isn't so bad. I love taking pictures, and this way we'll have lots of daylight for doing that. My nightime photos never seem to turn out as well. So, I'm going with the flow LOL. Now I just have to get busy sewing some pirate costumes! These months are flying by fast! So exciting!

My DS is SO excited to do this!

We have pirate costumes/accessories at home we can bring, but I have a feeling he will want to buy something there- do they sell accessories also or just the full costumes?

Thanks!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Sure! TPL sells all sorts of accessories, but the options tend to change (based on what's in stock). There are usually some sort of guns, hats, pirate shirts, and hooks.

Is the skeleton face still one of the options??? Not sure what it is called...thanks so much!!! My son is excited about doing this!!!:thumbsup2

Yep, the cursed pirate is still available. See the first post for face options.

Also, saw another thread pop up that is relevant to TPL - Angelica's last day is August 20th. No future announcements were made, but it's assumed Pirate Goofy will be returning!

Also, saw another thread pop up that is relevant to TPL - Angelica's last day is August 20th. No future announcements were made, but it's assumed Pirate Goofy will be returning!

Ah, so she'll be gone from meet and greets completely? I'm betting this signals her complete retirement, then.

Ah, so she'll be gone from meet and greets completely? I'm betting this signals her complete retirement, then.

May not be full retirement... may be like Barbosa, who only appears in the Halloween parade and for special events.

Only 43 days till our wdw vacation. We have pirates league scheduled for 230 on the day of MNSSHP. Just wondering if you get to keep the make up they use for touch ups, especially for the empress package? Also do you get a pirates league sash with the makeover? Thanks

That is too bad about Angelica. My DD was hoping to get a photo after her appointment at TPL in September. Maybe she will be at the Halloween party.

I was also wondering if the Empress package comes with make-up you can take away, similar to BBB. I am also wondering about the pink/black pirate dress - do they tend to have lots of sizes in stock? We have an appt on our MNSSHP day and I know DD would LOVE that one...I don't see any other pirate dresses for her to choose. Should I bring a back up just in case or are they usually pretty good about having lots of stock for the girls since they have fewer options?

Thanks!

Thanks so much for this info. I am putting the final touches on the kid's autograph books before I have them printed so I will drop Angelica and add Pirate Goofy.

Great info I would have never known.

Oh, and I called today, still no extended hrs for MNSSHP nights. But I did get a 10:10 am ressie for my kids after calling every day for 2 or 3 weeks :cheer2: . Thank you to whoever canceled!!!!

Just wondering if you get to keep the make up they use for touch ups, especially for the empress package? Also do you get a pirates league sash with the makeover? Thanks

The pirate paint is professional makeup used on multiple people, so you cannot take it with you.

We call the sash the sheath, yes, it is included!

I am also wondering about the pink/black pirate dress - do they tend to have lots of sizes in stock?

I'd recommend a back-up option. Sometimes we have tons of stock, sometimes we're out for weeks. More stock is ordered for MNSSHP, however, you cannot anticipate what people earlier in the day will request or want. Since the dress is very popular for girls, it does tend to go quick. I'd hate for you to depend on it being available if it is not.

Thanks so much for this info. I am putting the final touches on the kid's autograph books before I have them printed so I will drop Angelica and add Pirate Goofy.

Keep in mind that Pirate Goofy is not confirmed (just assumed). Maybe a generic Goofy page will be better, then it can be Pirate Goofy or Cowboy Goofy (who is currently meeting).

thanks for response, maybe it was the lipstick and nail polish that I read you get to keep from the empress package??
I have nail polish and lip gloss from my pirate experience plus pirate booty bag with gold coin necklece .

Great info I would have never known.

Oh, and I called today, still no extended hrs for MNSSHP nights. But I did get a 10:10 am ressie for my kids after calling every day for 2 or 3 weeks :cheer2: . Thank you to whoever canceled!!!!

I am so jealous--what time of the day did you call? I am looking for time slots for my kids that around the same time and I must have called yesterday after you :( I am happy for you that you got one!

Berlioz70, since you are the expert :) Do you think there is any chance that I could get appointments for my DS9 and DS6 between September 23 and 27th?? I have been calling every day for a couple of weeks and PL is completely booked. Is it true that reservations often open up if you get there early in the day?

I booked my three boys for October the 8th - I had preferred to let them do it earlier in the trip, but wow, the schedule has really filled up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter