• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caught up with all the pages from yesterday, WOW!! I think all the questions were already answered, thanks everyone for your kind words for my daughter and I...
And now let's play....NAME THAT DISer!!!!!
11257119_10206870031255094_6971366931458063798_n.jpg

11265265_10206870032375122_21307064906757557_n.jpg

11151004_10206870035375197_8412740273374907462_n.jpg

11261218_10206870035295195_7241268041406847287_n.jpg

I am so far behind from conserving phone battery yesterday. Anyone care to give me the highlights of what I need to know?

We had a great opening day, but only did a few Star Wars related things. DS was in the parade!! We saw Stars of the Saga. The preshow was great! Met some awesome 501st members before leaving the park.

We spent a lot of time at Writer's Stop cooling off ds after the parade. Saw the Frozen Singalong to cool off as well.

Bumped into DISer Sonya (?spelling). Thanks for stopping us and saying hi!

Picked up a passholder poster for each of us. Gave mine to @The Sunrise Student

While heading to ds' show in the late afternoon, we saw an alligator cross the road.

Great Googily Moogily I go to sleep for a couple hours and I got 6 pages to catch up on lol!

Thank you so much to @yulilin3 for letting me substitute for her it was so much fun!

Anyhow my "hard" plans for the day are: 10:20 ADR for Galatic Breakfast, 7:30pm ADR for Rebel Lounge, 4:25pm FP for ToT, visit to Darth's Maul, and an AP poster the rest is flying by the seat of my pants.

Today's shirt will be the Boba Fett Tunic Tank
View attachment 96892

If you see me feel free to say Hi. My real name is Pam wouldn't want to make anyone yell out Munchkin in DHS though that might be comical once the heat of the day gets to me
Our breakfast on weekend 4 is at 10:30 so I'm pretty certain we will be missing the parade that day :( Or are you still going to try and make it?

Loved reading the real time updates from today. Can't wait until next week. A little nervous about the chewie run!

Don't be. It was really pretty easy. We got to the park by 6:30. We were maybe 3 or 4 back at the tapstiles. When we went into the park my Dad's band wouldn't read so we lost some ground and weren't super close to the rope.

After th show We walked briskly but we did not run. There were people running but not us. Let them go. We followed @yulilin3's instructions. Go all the way to the hat, turn left and then veer left towards Star Tours and the speeder bike. As you come around the final corner you'll see the line ropes on your left. They're not marked at that end but walk right into the line.

The line is fairly open, if some party members are slower, it's ok to split up. My Dad is 76. He fell a bit behind though I took care not to lose him completely. No worries. People dropped off to different locations as we moved, so it was a fairly small group as we arrived. Not like the massive TSMM crowd. I'm not a good judge of numbers, but we were close. Not in the first few but close. Chewie came out at 8:06 and we were done (my parents and I went separately) by 8:19. If we had been able to get closer to the rope, we probably would have been closer, but things happen and there really was no need. We were close enough for our purposes.

The real key wasn't running, it was taking the right path. My Mom looked at the map and said, " it would be more direct if we turned left sooner". But I stuck to the plan. As we were filing into the queue, we saw the people that took the "shortcut" round the corner by the front of the line, then realized their mistake as they had to continue down past all if us in order to enter the ropes.

In short, get there early, try to get by the rope and follow the path. A small slowdown won't kill you because you'll be more efficient than everyone else..Good luck!

I was the third in line for Mickey and Minnie this morning. I'm now waiting for Animation Academy to stay in the AC for a bit before FTF pick up and waiting for the parade.

Don't be. It was really pretty easy. We got to the park by 6:30. We were maybe 3 or 4 back at the tapstiles. When we went into the park my Dad's band wouldn't read so we lost some ground and weren't super close to the rope.

After th show We walked briskly but we did not run. There were people running but not us. Let them go. We followed @yulilin3's instructions. Go all the way to the hat, turn left and then veer left towards Star Tours and the speeder bike. As you come around the final corner you'll see the line ropes on your left. They're not marked at that end but walk right into the line.

The line is fairly open, if some party members are slower, it's ok to split up. My Dad is 76. He fell a bit behind though I took care not to lose him completely. No worries. People dropped off to different locations as we moved, so it was a fairly small group as we arrived. Not like the massive TSMM crowd. I'm not a good judge of numbers, but we were close. Not in the first few but close. Chewie came out at 8:06 and we were done (my parents and I went separately) by 8:19. If we had been able to get closer to the rope, we probably would have been closer, but things happen and there really was no need. We were close enough for our purposes.

The real key wasn't running, it was taking the right path. My Mom looked at the map and said, " it would be more direct if we turned left sooner". But I stuck to the plan. As we were filing into the queue, we saw the people that took the "shortcut" round the corner by the front of the line, then realized their mistake as they had to continue down past all if us in order to enter the ropes.

In short, get there early, try to get by the rope and follow the path. A small slowdown won't kill you because you'll be more efficient than everyone else..Good luck!
Are the Ewoks with Chewie?

For the price, we thought we would get to keep the Han Solo bucket and the cupcakes had already been demolished at that point! :mickeybarWaitress asked if we would think of taking other serving pieces we liked in a restaurant...rather put us in our place! :sad2:

Definitely complain! I know the restaurant was new but she should've checked instead of being rude. You paid for the bucket, Disney will make it right.

Nighty night guys. Another fun, crazy, sww day tomorrow. And tomorrow see @The Sunrise Student March....aaaahhhhh so excited for her

Wish I could see her. Going to Epcot today (eventually). Will be back to SWW tomorrow.

We accomplished our main goals yesterday ( Chewie, Disney Characters, parade, shows) so planning some rides, characters and atmosphere tomorrow.

Where were the Jawas? Had a bunch of trade items but never saw them.

what time gates open into park this morning? much earlier than official 8am?
During SWW, every weekend, the tapstiles will open at 7:30am and they stop us at Hollywood and Vine for the Stortrooper welcome show. The the Stormtroopers let us in around 7:45am. This happens every SWW weekends.
The rides that are open before 8am are ST and TSMM, all the other rides open at 8am

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter