• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize in advance...but I have been trying to skim through the posts to see if this has been asked yet but with 374 pages it's hard to read everything. What is the rule on dressing up? I am doing an adult only trip with one of my friends, she wants to dress as Chewbacca and I am going to dress as Han Solo. I know that we can dress up, but i didn't know the rules as far as blasters are concerned. Anyone know if I would be able to bring a black toy blaster into the park or if I should just opt for the white and orange one I can get at the toy store?

I apologize in advance...but I have been trying to skim through the posts to see if this has been asked yet but with 374 pages it's hard to read everything. What is the rule on dressing up? I am doing an adult only trip with one of my friends, she wants to dress as Chewbacca and I am going to dress as Han Solo. I know that we can dress up, but i didn't know the rules as far as blasters are concerned. Anyone know if I would be able to bring a black toy blaster into the park or if I should just opt for the white and orange one I can get at the toy store?
You can bring the black blaster. The only thing that you can't do is cover your face with a mask or anything that obstructs your eyesight.

You can bring the black blaster. The only thing that you can't do is cover your face with a mask or anything that obstructs your eyesight.

Thank you! That was my thought also but I didn't want to get into trouble or be disappointed! =)

They do. Last year we got 2 jawas and 2 stormtroopers that each group came around to us twice. The light in the restaurant is really low, I found the best strategy was to take a pic with the movie screen at our backs, I think that helped a bit.

cant you use flash?

So, did you take pictures with the subjects having their backs to the screen at Sci Fi, so they're backlit, or with the picture taker's back to the screen so the subjects are illuminated by the light from the screen? Sorry, I'm obtuse.

Also, at Sci Fi they show the Star Wars films during SWW, correct? As it turns out, my kids are scared of those old B movies they typically show (???). Kids are weird, man.

Does anyone know when I'll be able to make a fastpass for the Frank Oz talk?

I do my fastpasses for weekend V tonight at 1am, or is that technically tomorrow? praying they are up, not too hopeful though. I will report back. Chugging coffee nailing down fp selections til then...

I do my fastpasses for weekend V tonight at 1am, or is that technically tomorrow? praying they are up, not too hopeful though. I will report back. Chugging coffee nailing down fp selections til then...
I did my fastpasses on Thurs. morning and they weren't there. BTW, i did mine at 8AM and there were a lot of selections. I'm so glad I did not make them at 1. Too tired.

I did my fastpasses on Thurs. morning and they weren't there. BTW, i did mine at 8AM and there were a lot of selections. I'm so glad I did not make them at 1. Too tired.
littlest one has a soccer game early in the a.m. so I am doing them tonight so I can "take my time" plus uber excited, and need anna & elsa fp so gotta hit early.....

cant you use flash?

You could use flash and dial down the compensation if you're using a camera that allows that so it doesn't wash out your subjects. With it being so dark you do need to dial it back quite a bit and I would recommend taking a couple test pictures with someone you're with to determine if you've got the right settings before the characters come around to see you.

So, did you take pictures with the subjects having their backs to the screen at Sci Fi, so they're backlit, or with the picture taker's back to the screen so the subjects are illuminated by the light from the screen? Sorry, I'm obtuse.

Also, at Sci Fi they show the Star Wars films during SWW, correct? As it turns out, my kids are scared of those old B movies they typically show (???). Kids are weird, man.
It's better to take the picture with the photographer's back to the screen so it helps illuminate the subject. No flash or on low setting, our camera has a nighttime or low light setting. If you need light cm have a small flashlight, which helps. Or you can use the flashlight on your phone
Sci fi shows star wars clips and clips with James Arnold Taylor welcoming you to sww

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter