• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Star Wars Weekends 2014 Tips and Tricks -The Adventure Continues

Silly question but does anyone know if you are on the dining plan and get a quick service meal at like the ABC Commissary if the Darth or Yoda cupcakes are included as a choice for dessert? We are trying to calculate our food totals to see if we will save any money buying the DDP and I know that is what everyone is going to want for dessert with their meals.

I'm very worried with a 9:30 ADR for Sci-Fi.. I have no one to go check in at the FtF since it's just the two of us. I hope we can get done eating within an hour and get over there. I could care less where I'm standing for the parade but I would love for my 7 year old to have a decent view.

To me it was worth it, and I don't want to try and sway anyone into keeping it or not
Usually you must get a spot at least 1 hour and a half...then you must stay there, because many, many people try and sit on front of you, or squeeze you out of the spot or push their kids in front of you...
With this package, yes you should be there by 10:30am to check in and then grab a spot right by the ropes, but after you are in, I found that the people around you are more understanding and don't squeeze next to you, I was actually able to get a bottle of water and my daughter came back after her autograph and they all let her come next to me without an issue...
and the dessert is party is great,, awesome spot, great atmosphere, not crowded at all

For FTF, do all members of your party have to be present at check in?

Wondering the same thing!

Also, I am assuming that with the wristbands, we'd be OK to exit the area if we needed to (restrooms, shopping), and then come back? We're a party of five, so thinking three of us would stay and "guard spots" while two of us might wander out for a few minutes... Could that work?

Yes 6am is fine for Ashley, also if you buy something from Her Universe at Darth's Mall you can meet her from 5pm to 6pm no need to get up early for a fp, not sure how many people line up for that...

Thank you. We have an out of park ADR at 6, so not sure we will. Probably play it by ear.

Wondering the same thing!

Also, I am assuming that with the wristbands, we'd be OK to exit the area if we needed to (restrooms, shopping), and then come back? We're a party of five, so thinking three of us would stay and "guard spots" while two of us might wander out for a few minutes... Could that work?

:thumbsup2 you have to be together to check in but after you get your wristbands you can come and go as you please

:thumbsup2 you have to be together to check in but after you get your wristbands you can come and go as you please

Good to know.

So we'll check in early and then the girls can come and go while I hold the spot. That's a little better at least.

Silly question but does anyone know if you are on the dining plan and get a quick service meal at like the ABC Commissary if the Darth or Yoda cupcakes are included as a choice for dessert? We are trying to calculate our food totals to see if we will save any money buying the DDP and I know that is what everyone is going to want for dessert with their meals.
Both are part of the Dining Plan
I'm very worried with a 9:30 ADR for Sci-Fi.. I have no one to go check in at the FtF since it's just the two of us. I hope we can get done eating within an hour and get over there. I could care less where I'm standing for the parade but I would love for my 7 year old to have a decent view.

You could always ask, if they are adults, if your child could stand in front of them, on Saturday a gentleman actually asked if a taller lady would move to let his wife (short lady) be in front, and we moved a bit and everyone could see. I think it's all about asking politely.

Good to know.

So we'll check in early and then the girls can come and go while I hold the spot. That's a little better at least.

My daughter and I checked in, she left to get the Ahmed Best autograph and I went inside and grabbed the spot by the ropes, I had a backpack with me placed it on the floor and let the people around me know that I was holding that spot for my daughter who would be returning soon and nobody had a problem with that

Looking forward to pics form your first official troop! I've got enough Legion shirts to cover every day I will be down there. Wow. I did not realize I had picked up that many during the year. Oh well. Easy to find me, I guess.

I will begin packing in earnest either later this week or next. I will be visiting my Dad for Memorial Day weekend, so, no real trip planning during that time.

Ash

I started ordering my "official" 501st flare last week, so I doubt I will have anything to wear during SWW. All I can tell people is that I am DS 10145 (and explain my number is actually JADE (10=J 1=A 4=D and 5=E (and yes I love my own personal jokes, I am so easily amused :lmao: )), and that I am from Bloodfin Garrison... I will have a temp tattoo for Bloodfin, but as you know you can give those out so that doesn't prove anything really.

I am dying to get more 501st goodies :) I do have an "I'd Rather Be Trooping" 501st T coming that has my number on the back... but again doubt it will get here before I leave :(

Just a follow up . Darth Vader cupcake can be found at
FairFax Fare
Pizza Planet
Starring Rolls
Backlot Express
ABC Commissary
Studio Catering Co.
Rosie's All American Café
Darth's Mall

Yoda Cupcake at Backlot Express, Starring Rolls Café and Darth's Mall only

I just read a pretty negative review of the Feel the Force package at Kenny the Pirate's blog. Anyone else have any feedback to share?

To be honest, Kenny made a mistake on his date which he readily admitted to by not arriving early. Also, he was there for the first date and was kind of a "guinea pig" for the rest of us. The thing to take from his review is to listen to the tips he gives for making the most of the package and to use them.

Get there early

Grab a spot as far right as you can

Maximize the free ice cream and soda

And pack something salty to snack on :p

My daughter and I checked in, she left to get the Ahmed Best autograph and I went inside and grabbed the spot by the ropes, I had a backpack with me placed it on the floor and let the people around me know that I was holding that spot for my daughter who would be returning soon and nobody had a problem with that

We'll have one of those big Disney double stroller rentals. I'm hoping to park it along the ropes and stand behind it.

My wife and kids could not have much less interest in Star Wars. So they won't be running off to get autographs or anything like that. I'm guessing they will probably want to stick together. But if they want to run into a shop or something, that will be an option. That should reduce the complaining a little.

A couple other questions:

It sounds like the Mickey bars are all you care to eat? Can anyone confirm?

My wife is looking forward to a drink during the fireworks. Any details on what is available? Is it one beverage per customer?

Thanks again!

After reading reports saying the area wasn't too crowded and others saying they were able to get FtF today. I'm wondering if it's because people cancelled or because Disney opened up more spots. I hope it's not the latter because of the reports saying it was hard to see if you weren't up front. I guess we'll find out!

Thinking the same thing myself. I think they might of opened up more spots, TBH.

This is out first SWW and I'm trying to plan it. Sorry for lots of questions.
I was reading that they have a starwars firework show( symphony in the stars) at 9:30pm? I also read there is a pre-show. What time should we be there to get a good spot for the pre-show before fireworks? Also this is on the hat stage right?

We'll have one of those big Disney double stroller rentals. I'm hoping to park it along the ropes and stand behind it.

My wife and kids could not have much less interest in Star Wars. So they won't be running off to get autographs or anything like that. I'm guessing they will probably want to stick together. But if they want to run into a shop or something, that will be an option. That should reduce the complaining a little.

A couple other questions:

It sounds like the Mickey bars are all you care to eat? Can anyone confirm?

My wife is looking forward to a drink during the fireworks. Any details on what is available? Is it one beverage per customer?

Thanks again!

Drinks and dessert were unlimited(even the alcohol included options), as were ice cream and soda last weekend.

I love this thread. So much helpful info and a positive vibe.

I reshuffled my ADRs today. I originally had SciFi, FtF and H&V all booked on the same day. I started feeling a bit queasy looking at all of the dessert photos! No way I could my moneys worth with all 3 on the same day. I moved the H&V dinner to a weeknight.

So now on our main SWW day I have the SciFi breakfast and FtF.

I still need to figure out when to see Chewie. At rope drop I really want to squeeze in a ride on TSMM. Then we have SciFi at 9:10. I want to check in early for SciFi so we can be at FtF on the early side.

So, I think that means we need to book it to Chewie immediately following the parade. Does this seem like the best alternative since I'm not willing to give up TSMM? I also read 7 PM might be an OK time. Anyone know if one is better than the other???

To me it was worth it, and I don't want to try and sway anyone into keeping it or not
Usually you must get a spot at least 1 hour and a half...then you must stay there, because many, many people try and sit on front of you, or squeeze you out of the spot or push their kids in front of you...
With this package, yes you should be there by 10:30am to check in and then grab a spot right by the ropes, but after you are in, I found that the people around you are more understanding and don't squeeze next to you, I was actually able to get a bottle of water and my daughter came back after her autograph and they all let her come next to me without an issue...
and the dessert is party is great,, awesome spot, great atmosphere, not crowded at all

The lack of people pushing in front of you at the FTF sells me on this package, let alone the rest that comes with it. Last year we waited for the parade 2 hours in advance and had to still play a jockeying game with others to make sure they didn't push in front of us... I have had several people try to push themselves and their kids in front of me 20 minutes before parade time because they felt their kid should stand in front of me even after I waited for 2 hours to get that spot! I hate to be mean but...

You could always ask, if they are adults, if your child could stand in front of them, on Saturday a gentleman actually asked if a taller lady would move to let his wife (short lady) be in front, and we moved a bit and everyone could see. I think it's all about asking politely.

I totally don't mind working things out with people, it's those that assume, push in front of you then block you from seeing the parade that bothered me last year. My boyfriend and I got to spot early so he could take pictures, and it was a heck of a battle for me to block for him just so he could get a decent shot off... and like I said we had been waiting two hours to make sure we had a spot for him to do this.

And I find that situation you describe Yulilin totally acceptable as well... especially when you know people are going to go back and forth to get goodies and what not... that kind of thing is totally reasonable!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter