• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Star Wars Weekends 2014 Tips and Tricks -The Adventure Continues

If I wanted FP for Ashley or JAT, would a 6 am arrival time allow that? We wanted Ratzenburger, but no way are we camping out.

Hi - I've been diligently reading this thread as we go to SWW on June 6 and 8. I noticed that it says the 501st members continue on from the parade toward Star Tours. Did they do this in 2012 too? Do some of the parade participants leave a different way?

We were there in 2012 and happened to walk by the parade as it was just about over. We had FP for TSMM and moved on after trying to watch from behind the crowd. Because we had time to kill before our FP time, we sat on some benches around the corner from the TSMM FP distribution area. A few minutes later, tons of characters from the parade came by, right in front of us as they made their way backstage. We saw Ahsoka, Ventress, Darth Maul, Jango Fett, Stormtroopers, R2D2, C3PO, jedi, sandpeople, and Cody. Just wondering if that still happens. (We won't make it to the parade because by the time we get done at Sci-Fi breakfast I figure the crowds will be too big to get a good look at the parade.)

After checking 100 times or so I scored a FTF package for the 7th this morning!:wizard::cool1::banana: So many feels! My only concern is since it is just myself and DD how we are going to get all those snacks and save our spot but right now I am ust so happy to have grabbed a spot:yay:
People were nice about others in the FtF area to go get something and they wouldn't move into your spot, at least that's what happened on Saturday.
AUGH! Now I'm back to obsessing about this again! :eek:
We are doing the MK on the 23rd (24-hour day) and DHS on the 24th (for SWW). We have APs, ADRs, and are on-site guests, so I'd figured chances were pretty slim of us being closed out of the parks. BUT, we are planning to take mid-day breaks both days, heading back to the parks in the early evenings, so now with this notice I'm worried about getting back in.

Sigh. I knew it would be crowded, but I can tell this is going to be a whole new level of crowded. :crowded:

I will NOT be happy if we can't get back in for the H&V dinner and second half of our FtF package! Guess we will have to decide on the spot whether we think it's too risky to leave. All this pre-planning, and I am still worried! :(
If you must go back to the hotel I would check with Guest Relations and see if they have any advice...it'll be fine, Disney is just trying to keep everyone informed about how busy it'll be
Yeah but I only have fun star wars dresses and t-shirts to pack, no costume for me this time out...

I have a huge meeting that I am about to go to in 20 minutes and I am trying not to over think it, so what am I doing to keep my mind off the meeting... reading DISboards LOL

By the way my first official Mara Jade troop will be June 14th... I'll be sure to post pics of the event :)

so exciting!!

If I wanted FP for Ashley or JAT, would a 6 am arrival time allow that? We wanted Ratzenburger, but no way are we camping out.
Yes 6am is fine for Ashley, also if you buy something from Her Universe at Darth's Mall you can meet her from 5pm to 6pm no need to get up early for a fp, not sure how many people line up for that...
Just got FTF for the 31st! Now reading through for the pros and cons.
Do your research and if you have any questions let us know
Hi - I've been diligently reading this thread as we go to SWW on June 6 and 8. I noticed that it says the 501st members continue on from the parade toward Star Tours. Did they do this in 2012 too? Do some of the parade participants leave a different way?

We were there in 2012 and happened to walk by the parade as it was just about over. We had FP for TSMM and moved on after trying to watch from behind the crowd. Because we had time to kill before our FP time, we sat on some benches around the corner from the TSMM FP distribution area. A few minutes later, tons of characters from the parade came by, right in front of us as they made their way backstage. We saw Ahsoka, Ventress, Darth Maul, Jango Fett, Stormtroopers, R2D2, C3PO, jedi, sandpeople, and Cody. Just wondering if that still happens. (We won't make it to the parade because by the time we get done at Sci-Fi breakfast I figure the crowds will be too big to get a good look at the parade.)

The 501st and Rebel Legion do march on and exit thru Star Tours...I know for sure that most of the characters, after the Welcome show at the Hat, exit thru backstage area by Movie Ride and then the ones that you mention go thru the gates where the new Pirate's attraction is. I didn't see it happening this year because I had the Feel the Force package but this weekend I'll try and find out...just remember they walk fast and do not stop for anyone so if you're looking for pictures just be ready for it

This is a great thread! I'm trying to soak up all the info I can. Thanks for all your help Yulilin! How certain is the Mark Hamill separate show? Should I clear my FPP for that day so it doesn't give me conflict issues when it shows up?

I am going to cancel Hollywood and Vine SW diner at 7:10 on Fri, June 13th and Sci-Fi breakfast at 8:10 on June 14th. It is for a party of 2. If that helps someone out. We did both of these with our son during the first weekend of Star Wars and we didn't think they were worth doing again since we don't have the kids.

This is a great thread! I'm trying to soak up all the info I can. Thanks for all your help Yulilin! How certain is the Mark Hamill separate show? Should I clear my FPP for that day so it doesn't give me conflict issues when it shows up?

99% until Disney announces it
I cleared mine for both Saturday and Sunday just to be ready but that's your decision, not sure how many days your're going to sww

I just read a pretty negative review of the Feel the Force package at Kenny the Pirate's blog. Anyone else have any feedback to share?

99% until Disney announces it I cleared mine for both Saturday and Sunday just to be ready but that's your decision, not sure how many days your're going to sww

I will be there two but have SOS for one of them & that's a must do for DS so I'm only gonna clear one of the days. I'm always so scared to hit clear!

Do we need to clear our FP+ completely to get Mark Hamill's show? I just keep checking using the "change" feature. Will it not show up there?
We didn't want to lose our Ray Park show unless we could get Mark's. BUT we will if it's better.

I just read a pretty negative review of the Feel the Force package at Kenny the Pirate's blog. Anyone else have any feedback to share?

This was my review, I posted here post 774
My report on Feel the Force package
Arrived at 10am to check in about 2 other families were there
checked in at 10:30, got our wristbands, daughter had an autograph fp with Best so she left to do that
They let us in at 10:45am got a spot right by the rope, closes to the stage
A lot of room to walk around in the back, you could ask people that you're going to grab a drink/ice cream and they will let you back to your spot
A minute before the parade they take down the rope, so it doesn't bother picture taking
Great spot to see the stage and hear the hosts talk about each group of characters coming down the street
As soon as the parade is over you can walk behind the rope to get closer to the stage and get pictures of the welcome show
For the dessert party we arrived at 8pm and they let us in at 8:45pm
No need to wait to get in, there is plenty of space, about 10 to 15 tables scattered and if you must use a table to eat dessert (they are small) you could share with another family
Plenty of desserts, varied, drinks were awesome, also ice cream bars.
I stayed close to the rails behind the dessert tables and had a great view of the stage, they also showed the show on the AIE jumbo screen. And the view for the fireworks was great there.
Nobody was crammed, shoulder to shoulder.
To me the FtF was worth it but it's something you and your family have to consider. I tried to be as impartial so that you can make a better decision if you're thinking about cancelling your reservation

the mistake Kenny did was arrive at 11am, I know that's what its ayd but by arriving earlier you get a great spot

Do we need to clear our FP+ completely to get Mark Hamill's show? I just keep checking using the "change" feature. Will it not show up there?
We didn't want to lose our Ray Park show unless we could get Mark's. BUT we will if it's better.

It didn't show up before when all the other shows showed up, you have to click on the replace experience one
Just keep an eye out for this thread, I'm on the computer all day, hitting refresh. As soon as it pops up I'll post it here

I read Kenny's after reading yulilin's and am still keeping FtF for SWW V. Kenny had some good points but he was also behind guests so he couldn't get the attention of the parade characters. His focus was more on "premium" compared to yulilin's very objective review of its worth based on location, shade, and timing.

I look forward to reading reviews from the 2nd and 3rd weekends to see if anything has been tweaked. If any tweaks, I hope people report back! :)

It didn't show up before when all the other shows showed up, you have to click on the replace experience one
Just keep an eye out for this thread, I'm on the computer all day, hitting refresh. As soon as it pops up I'll post it here

Don't they know what they are doing to us! need to get back to real life...lolprincess:
Yulilin3
I have not canceled any of my FP+ just keep checking by going into
Select or Replace am I safe to do it that way? do I need to cancel?princess:

This was my review, I posted here post 774
My report on Feel the Force package
Arrived at 10am to check in about 2 other families were there
checked in at 10:30, got our wristbands, daughter had an autograph fp with Best so she left to do that
They let us in at 10:45am got a spot right by the rope, closes to the stage
A lot of room to walk around in the back, you could ask people that you're going to grab a drink/ice cream and they will let you back to your spot
A minute before the parade they take down the rope, so it doesn't bother picture taking
Great spot to see the stage and hear the hosts talk about each group of characters coming down the street
As soon as the parade is over you can walk behind the rope to get closer to the stage and get pictures of the welcome show
For the dessert party we arrived at 8pm and they let us in at 8:45pm
No need to wait to get in, there is plenty of space, about 10 to 15 tables scattered and if you must use a table to eat dessert (they are small) you could share with another family
Plenty of desserts, varied, drinks were awesome, also ice cream bars.
I stayed close to the rails behind the dessert tables and had a great view of the stage, they also showed the show on the AIE jumbo screen. And the view for the fireworks was great there.
Nobody was crammed, shoulder to shoulder.
To me the FtF was worth it but it's something you and your family have to consider. I tried to be as impartial so that you can make a better decision if you're thinking about cancelling your reservation

the mistake Kenny did was arrive at 11am, I know that's what its ayd but by arriving earlier you get a great spot

Thanks.

Although for the price tag, I would expect not to have to show up more than an hour in advance to get a good spot! That seems very counter-intuitive. My wife and kids have no interest in Star Wars which is why I booked the package. I wanted to be able to see the parade and fireworks without forcing them to wait an hour or more. Now it sounds like we're still going to have to do that if the kids are going to be able to see anything.

I'm glad I have read some feedback because I would be very upset if I showed up at the recommended time and the kids couldn't see anything. At these prices, Disney should put everyone at the rope.

Hopefully things will run more smoothly in the coming weeks.

Now I have to decide if this is still worth it knowing that we still have to save a spot an hour or more in advance.

After reading reports saying the area wasn't too crowded and others saying they were able to get FtF today. I'm wondering if it's because people cancelled or because Disney opened up more spots. I hope it's not the latter because of the reports saying it was hard to see if you weren't up front. I guess we'll find out!

Yeah but I only have fun star wars dresses and t-shirts to pack, no costume for me this time out...

I have a huge meeting that I am about to go to in 20 minutes and I am trying not to over think it, so what am I doing to keep my mind off the meeting... reading DISboards LOL

By the way my first official Mara Jade troop will be June 14th... I'll be sure to post pics of the event :)

Looking forward to pics form your first official troop! I've got enough Legion shirts to cover every day I will be down there. Wow. I did not realize I had picked up that many during the year. Oh well. Easy to find me, I guess.

I will begin packing in earnest either later this week or next. I will be visiting my Dad for Memorial Day weekend, so, no real trip planning during that time.

Ash

I read Kenny's after reading yulilin's and am still keeping FtF for SWW V. Kenny had some good points but he was also behind guests so he couldn't get the attention of the parade characters. His focus was more on "premium" compared to yulilin's very objective review of its worth based on location, shade, and timing.

I look forward to reading reviews from the 2nd and 3rd weekends to see if anything has been tweaked. If any tweaks, I hope people report back! :)

I hope so too. Even yulilin's report doesn't sound like what I thought I was buying. Yes, "reserved viewing area" is vague enough that it could mean anything. But the implication is that you don't have to stake out a spot an hour in advance to be able to the show. Especially at these prices.

Hopefully they can make some tweaks to make the package more of a value.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter