Official Star Wars Weekends 2013 Tips and Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.
is he OK with catrosphe canyon part of the backlot tour? that can get pretty intense for kids

Not sure. We haven't gone on it in ages. But he wants to go on a ride. He can't go on Star Tours, TSM, Rock n Roller, or ToT because they give him seizures. Backlot Express is his only ride option and he is determined to ride it. We haven't had any time for attractions the previous weekends. Not sure we will have time the next two either.

Hello Gang, as promised again... SWW 2 Saturday May 25th Motorcade.

https://picasaweb.google.com/ladyenyo/20130525DisneySWWMotorcade

Please feel free to share this link... especially with any 501st folks that marched!

Ash is was great to meet you in person, and I still say you in the white officers uniform in the mist of black was a stunning sight... just take a look at the pictures :)

I'll be posting more pictures as soon as we go through them but I wanted to make sure I got these up here quickly :)

Great pictures! I'm sending you a pm.

About what time were you in line to get Warwick Davis' FP? I'll be there this weekend and don't want to miss him!

4:15 AM and we would have gotten in on his second session but traded for the last session because he had lunch reservations we were working around. But I wouldn't get there much later than that, we were there on Friday (24th) morning right before the big crowd boom on Saturday! And if the June weekends are anything like Saturday and Sunday's crowd on memorial weekend YIKES! :scared:

My weatherman says there is an increased chance of rain everyday through the weekend. Last year there was plenty of rain. I forget, what happens with the characters when it rains? What about the celeb m&g? I remember from last year if the rain pools on the stage, Hoopla is canceled. If there's lightening, hoopla is canceled. Also, when there was rain, it was questionable if hoopla would be shown on the AI screen.

Ohhhhh I hope your weatherman is wrong!! Rain, Rain go Away pixiedust:

last year some of the characters met inside Darth Mall but now with the Rancor there I don't think that will happen...other than that I really don't see any other rain locations for the SW characters
The celeb m&g move to inside the ABC Sound Studio (where the kids wait for JTA) I'm sure that'll be the case, if it rains the kids for JTA might be moved to the area where you used to line up for Sounds Dangerous
I have not forgot about weekend 3 map it's just not posted yet...stalking the HUB :rolleyes1

BTW: DHS Cast members are asked to park at Epcot again this weekend

Thanks. We lucked out last year when it rained that we weren't seeing characters then. However we did get into the Hoopla rain a couple nights.

I hope weekend 3 comes out soon. The times for the meets should be as you posted earlier, right?

On Monday we had bonus excitement when Warwick Davis and his family were at the pool all day right by us. DGrD was stalking again! She was so excited as he is one of her favs and she loved his show - his family is lovely!I did stop quickly when he was sitting alone to say hi and tell him how glad we were that he was back at SWW after all these years. I told him that people online were raving about his show and calling it a 'don't miss' SWW event. He was so nice and seemed genuinely pleased to hear that. His adorable daughter came up as I was saying that and clearly beamed with pride at her dad. It was such a thrill for us to just say hello - and at least DGrD stopped stalking them after that. LOL

How cool! :goodvibes

I have some questions I'm hoping someone can help with:

1. Weekend 4 -- Do you think we would still be able to get James Arnold Taylor FPs at 7:00?

2. I would hate to overstay our welcome by chatting with JAT too long, but if all 4 of us are meeting him and all meet with him at the same time, how long would we have to chat/take pictures? I just don't know if you're allotted around 30 seconds per person or like 1 or so minutes per person? :confused3

3. How does getting FPs for celebrity autographs work as far as getting into line to enter the park? Do we stand in the celebrity autograph line, get our FP/wristband and then head back to the turnstiles? Or are there separate turnstiles for those in the celebrity FP lines?

Thanks. We lucked out last year when it rained that we weren't seeing characters then. However we did get into the Hoopla rain a couple nights.

I hope weekend 3 comes out soon. The times for the meets should be as you posted earlier, right?

Just got back from my DD 6th grade awards ceremony. The map is posted but I can't download it like before (I don't understand why) but these are the times on the map and I tripled checked:

Warwick Davis (Wicket the Ewok in "Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi")
Sam Witwer (Voice of Darth Maul in "Star Wars: The Clone Wars")
Tim Rose (Admiral Ackbar in "Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi")

Celebrities from "Star Wars" will attend each weekend and participate in:

•Autograph Sessions around Echo Lake
◦James Arnold Taylor – 9:45 a.m.
◦Ashley Eckstein –
4:30 p.m., 5:45 p.m. (Fri, Sat)
1:30, 5:45p.m. (Sun)
◦Warwick Davis –
9:45 a.m., 1:30 p.m. (Fri, Sat)
9:45 a.m., 2:30 p.m. (Sun)
◦Sam Witwer – 9:45 a.m., 3 p.m., 4:30 p.m. (Fri, Sat)
9:45 a.m., 1:30, 3 p.m. (Sun)
◦Tim Rose – 1:30 p.m., 4:30 p.m., 5:45 p.m.
Legends of the Force Motorcade - 11 a.m.

Characters – Encounter over 60 "Star Wars" characters from the entire saga. From Darth Vader to Darth Maul and Anakin to Chewbacca, you’ll find heroes and villains from throughout the galaxy between 8 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.

Padawan Mind Challenge 1:30pm and 4:30pm

Hyperspace Hoopla - 8 p.m.

Specialty shows (in Premiere Theater):

•Behind the Force: "Star Wars" Voices – Explore the voices behind "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" with a fascinating look behind the scenes led by the talented voice behind “Ahsoka” at noon & 1:45 p.m. (Fri, Sat) and Noon & 5 p.m. (Sun).
•An Ewok's Tale: My Short Story – Step into the fascinating world of entertainment giant, Warwick Davis at 5 p.m. (Fri, Sat) and 1:45 p.m. (Sun).
•Stars of the Saga – Celebrity Talk Show hosted by James Arnold Taylor at 3:30 p.m. (Fri, Sat) and 3:15 p.m. (Sun)
◦With special pre-show featuring everyone’s favorite stormtroopers
•Obi-Wan and Beyond starring James Arnold Taylor and a galaxy of iconic characters as he takes his audience on a journey into the world of voice acting at 6:30 p.m.

Out of curiosity, at what resort were you staying when you saw Warwick Davis? Pretty neat to think about celebrities staying at your same resort :)

How cool! :goodvibes

I have some questions I'm hoping someone can help with:

1. Weekend 4 -- Do you think we would still be able to get James Arnold Taylor FPs at 7:00?

2. I would hate to overstay our welcome by chatting with JAT too long, but if all 4 of us are meeting him and all meet with him at the same time, how long would we have to chat/take pictures? I just don't know if you're allotted around 30 seconds per person or like 1 or so minutes per person? :confused3

3. How does getting FPs for celebrity autographs work as far as getting into line to enter the park? Do we stand in the celebrity autograph line, get our FP/wristband and then head back to the turnstiles? Or are there separate turnstiles for those in the celebrity FP lines?

1.- If you want to be sure to get him try and be there around 6:45am, just to be sure.

2.- Don't worry about the time, the Guest Relation Handler will let you know if you're taking too long (And he won't be rude about it, I've seen this happen) like, "Ok, next family"...things like that. I think people usually take like a minute or 2 with him.

3.- They have been roping off the last 4 turnstiles so that when you get your wristband/fp you go to the turnstiles furthes to the right. You won't get lost. If you have the old paper tickets then you would need to go to your left. Here's the video so you can see how it works:
the first 3 minutes shows you how the line is setup and at 2:23 how you go line up at the turnstile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrBgyive7I4

4:15 AM and we would have gotten in on his second session but traded for the last session because he had lunch reservations we were working around. But I wouldn't get there much later than that, we were there on Friday (24th) morning right before the big crowd boom on Saturday! And if the June weekends are anything like Saturday and Sunday's crowd on memorial weekend YIKES! :scared:

Wow thats super early!! I'll try and get there around that time. Thanks for the info!:thumbsup2

Hmm...on the web site they are still showing the week 2 guide. :(

What time is Ashley signing in the Maul? Is it still 3-4?

Does she generally have times for walkups during her regular signings? We don't get in until tomorrow morning...

Hmm...on the web site they are still showing the week 2 guide. :(

What time is Ashley signing in the Maul? Is it still 3-4?

Does she generally have times for walkups during her regular signings? We don't get in until tomorrow morning...

yes, it's 3 to 4 at Darth Mall...I don't think she has time for walk ups in her first session but maybe the second since she has nothing to do after that.

I'm planning on getting there tomorrow at 5am for Tim Rose, I hope it's early enough, don't really care what session I get.

yes, it's 3 to 4 at Darth Mall...I don't think she has time for walk ups in her first session but maybe the second since she has nothing to do after that.

Thanks...we can try that too...meeting her is the top priority for the kids...they got mad because I've met her several times :)

Ohhhhh I hope your weatherman is wrong!! Rain, Rain go Away pixiedust:

Guess it all depends how much moisture Hurricane Barbara wants to pump into the picture. It's rained a couple times today already. I can handle rain as long as it's not a total wash out and no lightning.

Just got back from my DD 6th grade awards ceremony. The map is posted but I can't download it like before (I don't understand why) but these are the times on the map and I tripled checked:

Thanks for trying. I appreciate you taking the time to post the times!

By any chance did you buy the Her Universe purple force shirt? I'm wondering how it runs? My Han Solo shirt shrank like crazy, the Darth Vader one washed the same amount and in the dryer the same shrank but not as much as the Han shirt.

Thanks...we can try that too...meeting her is the top priority for the kids...they got mad because I've met her several times :)

This probably goes without saying but I would get there at least 20-30 minutes early for the Her Universe signing. She is so sweet and chatty, as you know, so the line moves pretty slow. She will only sign HU merchandise but it does not have to be purchased that day (we had a shirt from last year). Have fun!

yulilin3,

I saw your video of the "secret" parade location. Is it possible to view from Chewie's meet and greet or even Chip and Dale's? Which one would have more shade at that time?

I was thinking of getting in line, having a snack, and watch the 501st go by.

Sure would make the time go by faster.

Thanks!

My weatherman says there is an increased chance of rain everyday through the weekend. Last year there was plenty of rain. I forget, what happens with the characters when it rains? What about the celeb m&g? I remember from last year if the rain pools on the stage, Hoopla is canceled. If there's lightening, hoopla is canceled. Also, when there was rain, it was questionable if hoopla would be shown on the AI screen.

Some characters have a rain location. However, some don't (and if it rains they don't come out at all)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter