• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

I do see the tour group when they arrive at the Launch Bay for the dessert party, but I've never looked at my watch, but I'm guessing it's about 30 minutes before the advertised start of the party. If it is, subtracting that time from the end of SWaGS, is about 2 hours. That would make the new tour about 5 hours long and it would end at 1pm.

I was thinking about 5 hours. Glad someone else thinks that sounds reasonable!

The Star Wars spectacular and dessert party switches over to the Christmas thing THE DAY WE ARRIVE. Seriously crying right now. :sad::sad::sad:

I really want to know how you can tell? We (party of 4) will be there on Monday, would love to meet a famous dis'er. Prove to family you really do exist :cool1:

OH my gosh! On Monday, my husband and little boy (both Star Wars obsessed!) will be at the dessert party! Very cool, they are soooo looking forward to it :dogdance:

I really want to know how you can tell? We (party of 4) will be there on Monday, would love to meet a famous dis'er. Prove to family you really do exist
I'm always at a different location, hardly ever repeat, so sadly I won't be there. Have a great night though.
He uses the Force!!
Thanks a lot, now everyone knows.

Do you need to show i.d. to be served alcohol at the dessert party? I read that people were refused service at a water park because they did not have i.d.

I didn't need an ID last Sunday there. I'm also 37 and I was with my two boys (2 & 6) so people probably knew I needed a drink!

I liked the party, but wished there were more places to sit/stand. It was pretty crowded. I was also sad the Jawas were not there. We got the tie fighter popcorn buckets and not the Chewbacca mug that was originally advertised. My wife gave me a hard time about it because I insisted on buying a tie fighter popcorn bucket earlier on our trip because I didn't know that's what we were getting... Well at least now I can hang them up in my basement in formation...

I didn't need an ID last Sunday there. I'm also 37 and I was with my two boys (2 & 6) so people probably knew I needed a drink!

I liked the party, but wished there were more places to sit/stand. It was pretty crowded. I was also sad the Jawas were not there. We got the tie fighter popcorn buckets and not the Chewbacca mug that was originally advertised. My wife gave me a hard time about it because I insisted on buying a tie fighter popcorn bucket earlier on our trip because I didn't know that's what we were getting... Well at least now I can hang them up in my basement in formation...
search

Attachments

• 432817-tie_fighter_squardron5_1_.jpg
    432817-tie_fighter_squardron5_1_.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 31
Do you need to show i.d. to be served alcohol at the dessert party?
Guests must be 21 years of age or older to consume alcoholic beverages. A valid form of government identification will be required to verify your age.
I liked the party, but wished there were more places to sit/stand.
As advertised "Seating is not available".
It was pretty crowded.
It should be but it's not pointed out on the MDE web page that it's a mix and mingle reception and that Guests are expected to leave the food area and explore the Launch Bay. If they don't, it can feel crowded, but you're free to leave. The target attendance is 200 and it's always that, plus or minus 5 guests.
I was also sad the Jawas were not there.
I wish they were still there too, but they were part of the Launch Bays entertainment offerings and were never actually an elemet of the dessert party.
We got the tie fighter popcorn buckets and not the Chewbacca mug that was originally advertised.
MDE doesn't say that the gift is a Chewy stein, but MDE is confusing because they first say "plus a souvenir stein", but then they say that "you'll receive a souvenir Star Wars novelty". Which is it? As you found out, it's now the TIE fighter.

If anyone going really, really wants the Chewy stein, PM me.

Bit confused about whether the Star Wars Galactic Spectacular will be showing on 30th October?
The park hours calendar implies so, so I thought I'd take a look at booking the dessert party, where I see this...

Enjoy an out-of-this-world selection of desserts and specialty drinks—including alcoholic beverage options. Nibble on Darth Vader cupcakes, blast off from Star Wars Launch Bay to the best seat in the universe for watching the enthralling Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular show and—beginning October 1—Disney Movie Magic! To remember the very unique evening for a long time (in a galaxy not so far, far away), you'll receive a souvenir Star Wars novelty.

Is Movie Magic an add on to Star Wars? Does it replace it?
Does anyone know anything more about this?

Thanks for your help! :thumbsup2

Thanks for clarifying!

Now toying over whether we'd have time to see the 5.30pm Eat to the Beat performance at Epcot before heading straight to the dessert party at DHS - cutting it too fine? What happens if you arrive late to the dessert party, does anyone know?

Disney makes you stand in the corner for 15 minutes. Kidding aside, if you're OK with it, it doesn't matter. There's plenty of food and beverages for the duration of the party. Surprisingly, and considering the cost, many people arrive late. Some as late as 5 minutes before it ends.
I'm hoping we wouldn't be that late! :rotfl2:
What time does it end?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter