• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

I booked the new F! VIP Dessert party and the email confirmation states

Guests should proceed through theater FastPass+ entrance to the event location. After picking up food and beverage, Guests will proceed to the theater seating, which is located in the first couple rows of the theater. Guests may get wet in this section.
that is interesting. Since it did say VIP section. I guess they are now going to take away seating from another section. Maybe the dinning package section?

I have the Star Wars tour scheduled for Wednesday, Nov 22. I forgot to ask what time we go to lunch (now that it starts at 8a) and what time it ends when I called for reservations. Does anyone know?

I noticed that they are continuing with the tours even though SWaGS is on hiatus for November/early December. Any idea what they are substituting if anything for the SWaGS reserved viewing area part of the tour?

I noticed that they are continuing with the tours even though SWaGS is on hiatus for November/early December. Any idea what they are substituting if anything for the SWaGS reserved viewing area part of the tour?
I would imagine viewing of the JBJB show.

Did the pricing recently change on the dessert party? I just booked ours for the end of September and it was a bit less than I thought it was going to be (not complaining!! ;) )

They are not substituting it with anything, which stinks. I spent almost 40 minutes on hold last night asking that question. I had to hold while the rep called guest services. Then guest services had to call DHS to ask them directly because they didn't know. I wish they would add something though. I am only doing the whole tour because my kids love Star Wars but feel they should add something without SWAGS being available mid-late Nov.

They are not substituting it with anything, which stinks. I spent almost 40 minutes on hold last night asking that question. I had to hold while the rep called guest services. Then guest services had to call DHS to ask them directly because they didn't know. I wish they would add something though. I am only doing the whole tour because my kids love Star Wars but feel they should add something without SWAGS being available mid-late Nov.

Thanks for the info. We are going to skip the tour. While we are huge SW fans, not having SWaGS or a viable substitute, is the proverbial straw that breaks the camels back for us.

IMG_8579.PNG IMG_8580.PNG @FastPasser I'm so confused! I have this party booked for 10/20. When I booked, it included the new language about beer/wine (edited - thinking back, I guess I don't remember if it specifically mentioned beer and wine) and I paid $79 per adult. When I just pulled up the same exact date, itnis now listed as $69 and the new language is gone. Any idea what is going on? And who I should contact to fix the pricing discrepancy (if there really is one)?

Last edited:
View attachment 263305 View attachment 263306 @FastPasser I'm so confused! I have this party booked for 10/20. When I booked, it included the new language about beer/wine (edited - thinking back, I guess I don't remember if it specifically mentioned beer and wine) and I paid $79 per adult. When I just pulled up the same exact date, itnis now listed as $69 and the new language is gone. Any idea what is going on? And who I should contact to fix the pricing discrepancy (if there really is one)?

When I go to book this, I can see the price breakdown here:

full

GOtXCa0

I have this party booked for 10/20. When I booked, it included the new language about beer/wine (edited - thinking back, I guess I don't remember if it specifically mentioned beer and wine) and I paid $79 per adult.
Which is the new correct price starting Oct 1st.
When I just pulled up the same exact date, itnis now listed as $69 and the new language is gone.
Which is the current price. If it's showing $79 on your rez, I don't see a discrepancy.

Which is the new correct price starting Oct 1st.
Which is the current price. If it's showing $79 on your rez, I don't see a discrepancy.
No, I think I'm not making myself clear, lol. If I rebook today for the exact same date (10/20), it's now coming up as $69 (as opposed to the $79 I paid). I guess I'm going to just cancel and rebook at the lower price and save myself $40. I'm just curious as to why this is now happening?

No, I think I'm not making myself clear, lol. If I rebook today for the exact same date (10/20), it's now coming up as $69 (as opposed to the $79 I paid). I guess I'm going to just cancel and rebook at the lower price and save myself $40. I'm just curious as to why this is now happening?
When I book an Oct 31 party, the verbiage on the website said $69, but after tax and gratuity, what I actually paid was $79.... Interested to see if you get something different.

When I book an Oct 31 party, the verbiage on the website said $69, but after tax and gratuity, what I actually paid was $79.... Interested to see if you get something different.
The same thing is happening for me. When I click through the calendar and select 10/20, it shows availability at 6:30. Then when I click "read more" from that page, it lists the price as $69 per adult including tax and gratuity. However, when I attempt to actually book using that same page, it charges me the higher price of $79 per adult.

I called, and a dining CM confirmed that the price is $79 for that night (which is what Fastpasser also confirmed), and that's fine...I just didn't want to be paying $79 when people at the same party were somehow paying $69. But the website is SUPER misleading. I'm not sure where the verbiage of the price increase starting 10/1 went, but it's not there anymore. People with no DISboards knowledge who are booking a brand new reservation for October and end up getting charged a higher amount than what is shown on the website are going to be very confused/annoyed. Hopefully IT will fix the glitch soon.

People with no DISboards knowledge who are booking a brand new reservation for October and end up getting charged a higher amount than what is shown on the website are going to be very confused/annoyed. Hopefully IT will fix the glitch soon.
Oh, you mean something like this? Disney does already post it, just not on a website that guests have access to.

"For reservations beginning October 1, 2017
Price: Adult $79, Child $45 (includes tax and gratuity)
Beer and Wine have been added to the alcoholic beverage assortment"

Oh, you mean something like this? Disney does already post it, just not on a website that guests have access to.

"For reservations beginning October 1, 2017
Price: Adult $79, Child $45 (includes tax and gratuity)
Beer and Wine have been added to the alcoholic beverage assortment"
Yeah...that would be nice. :rotfl:

I have the Star Wars tour scheduled for Wednesday, Nov 22. I forgot to ask what time we go to lunch (now that it starts at 8a) and what time it ends when I called for reservations. Does anyone know?

I just booked tour for November 15th and have the same question. The CM told me 7 hours, but is that possible now that it doesn't include the dessert party or fireworks (JBJB during that time). I was guesstimating 8:00 am until about noon and then lunch.

Any ideas?

I just booked tour for November 15th and have the same question. The CM told me 7 hours, but is that possible now that it doesn't include the dessert party or fireworks (JBJB during that time). I was guesstimating 8:00 am until about noon and then lunch.
Any ideas?
I do see the tour group when they arrive at the Launch Bay for the dessert party, but I've never looked at my watch, but I'm guessing it's about 30 minutes before the advertised start of the party. If it is, subtracting that time from the end of SWaGS, is about 2 hours. That would make the new tour about 5 hours long and it would end at 1pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter