**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Warning: A negative review of the show and mucho complaining :rolleyes2.

We attended the party on 4/29 and while we enjoyed the food and drinks we found the reserved fireworks viewing area a mess. According to the CMs the 'star troopers were running late' which caused everyone to be rushed out to the reserved viewing area quite late. Then several people in the party group just ran to the front of the viewing area and blocked viewing for many others including my husband on his ECV.

Warning: Sorry for the complaining that follows here. And typical of almost all parade viewing type situations nowadays, a couple people insisted on placing their children on shoulders blocking views for many. When the couple in front of us placed their loud, screaming 3 or 4 year old on dad's shoulders WITH HIS extended Star Wars lightsaber waving around it really made viewing the show almost impossible and didn't quiet him. His mother also insisted on holding her small phone up above us to film the whole show. She loudly proclaimed "well at least we can watch the show later at home". Well, please invite us too since we could barely see it.

But I think most disappointing of all was the show/fireworks itself. It was very hard to view the scenes on the buildings and we felt that the fireworks weren't coordinated well with the show itself; they seemed just incidental. I'm surprised people haven't really commented on this. We felt that the buildings aren't well suited for this and the palm trees truly blocked viewing on the left side. Couldn't Disney just invest in a couple huge retractable screens that would roll down for better viewing and maybe move those palm trees?

This was the only special experience selected for our trip and we only go every three years so I know I probably had unrealistic expectations. I'm over it now (DH isn't at all!) and I did manage to get a few decent shots with my zoom dSLR lens. We liked the excellent food and CM interaction during the dessert party itself. The frozen nutella treats were scrumptious and DH and DS enjoyed the margaritas.

Would I go again? Maybe solo but then the food part would be wasted on me since I hardly ate and didn't drink (maybe that would have improved my experience....(LOL).

I'm sure our experience wasn't typical so others should try for themselves.

Thanks for reading my rant and rave............
I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience! It's even more difficult to reconcile it when it costs so much.

I agree about kids. If you are going to do that, you need to move to the back. I have kids, so it's not like I don't have perspective on this. I just also happen to know that we are not the only four people in any given environment. *eye roll*

DH and I have been going to more concerts lately, and the phones in the air thing is a huge problem across all venues. More and more performers aren't allowing them, but plenty still do, and obviously Disney can't outlaw phones altogether. I know not everyone is comfortable speaking up, but I am so over it. I have no issues telling someone that I cannot see. I am polite but firm. They don't have any problem totally disregarding their surroundings, so I have no problem telling them how that is affecting the rest of us. For whatever reason, most people seem shocked (and sometimes embarrassed) that they were interfering with others' enjoyment. I've never had anyone respond poorly, but if I did, I wouldn't hesitate to find someone with "authority".

I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience! It's even more difficult to reconcile it when it costs so much.

I agree about kids. If you are going to do that, you need to move to the back. I have kids, so it's not like I don't have perspective on this. I just also happen to know that we are not the only four people in any given environment. *eye roll*

DH and I have been going to more concerts lately, and the phones in the air thing is a huge problem across all venues. More and more performers aren't allowing them, but plenty still do, and obviously Disney can't outlaw phones altogether. I know not everyone is comfortable speaking up, but I am so over it. I have no issues telling someone that I cannot see. I am polite but firm. They don't have any problem totally disregarding their surroundings, so I have no problem telling them how that is affecting the rest of us. For whatever reason, most people seem shocked (and sometimes embarrassed) that they were interfering with others' enjoyment. I've never had anyone respond poorly, but if I did, I wouldn't hesitate to find someone with "authority".
I work with streaming 4 times a week at the parks and I leave mine at eye level and it works just fine, people do not need to lift up their arms and I don't get why they do. I have also been firm but polite when asking people to put down their phones at eye level.

Looks like the Tour times now start at 3PM.
Does anyone know the new schedule of events for the tour?
Is the BB-8 Meet and Greet included now?

Schedule is posted on page one, no one has reported back about bb8

The schedule is posted for tours starting at 2PM.
The summer tours are scheduled to start at 3PM.
So I was wondering if anyone knew what changes they were making in order to slide the start time back an hour.

we concentrate on SW on this thread. But I'll answer your questions, in the future you can use the search button on the top to look for specific topics on the boards
I have not been to California Grill, way out of my budget
MK Parade: I like watching from just outside Country Bears, there's a wooden, slightly raised platform that offers shade. If not from right in front of the Barbershop, depending on time of year you'll be fine getting a spot an hour before or less
Fireworks: the new show will require you watch from the front of the castle, so anywhere in the hub and Main street where you have a clear view of the castle
I know I should only speak SW but I dont know how to make a live reply. I just watched Happily Ever After streaming live on Disney blog from my home in Massachusetts. It was amazing! My family and I cant wait to see it on Main Street in September. I look forward to opinions. My 7 year old daughter was sad she didnt see Belle but we probably missed her.

Dh and ds6 did the tour last week. They met bb8, but did not get the priority access (or whatever it is) like you do for Chewy and Kylo. I think they waited in the regular line when you had time to explore.

I have had CM's "slightly" adjust the tape lines when our WC party was faced with kids on shoulders in front. All the CM's at the party are excellent there is only so much you can hope for (and they can deal with). I have given up waiting on September, booked August 28 (3 pro's and a geeky newbie). Living in hope (faint as it is) that Club Villain might return on weekends.

I have had CM's "slightly" adjust the tape lines when our WC party was faced with kids on shoulders in front. All the CM's at the party are excellent there is only so much you can hope for (and they can deal with). I have given up waiting on September, booked August 28 (3 pro's and a geeky newbie). Living in hope (faint as it is) that Club Villain might return on weekends.

Hi! I created a thread just for late August & early September Halloween party goers, here's the link:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...strategy-in-the-making.3604086/#post-57587125

Yes @yulilin3 I know this is the SW thread:rolleyes:

The dates are up for Sept but ive tried every day for the month and saying no tables available. The dates were not up yesterday when I checked. Please tell me I haven't missed out, it is the one and only thing my hubby especially wanted to do. :crazy2:

The dates are up for Sept but ive tried every day for the month and saying no tables available. The dates were not up yesterday when I checked. Please tell me I haven't missed out, it is the one and only thing my hubby especially wanted to do. :crazy2:

You are right on time, once you can see the dates the reservations should be loaded in a day or two. Keep on stalking :surfweb:

You are right on time, once you can see the dates the reservations should be loaded in a day or two. Keep on stalking :surfweb:

Yes, tried a few minutes ago to book and keep getting no times available for our week in September. C'mon, Disney open up the booking window !

September SWaGS dessert party dates are open for booking. Go get 'em
Post 11 on page 1 has been updated with the new showtimes: September 1st through 16th at 9pm 17th through 30th 8:30pm (updated May 15th)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter