**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

I agree about the 7th Sister. I think Disney is trying to tie in the storyline of the Trials of the Temple with that one episode on Rebels. Synergy and all, but I think they could do the same storyline using Darth Maul.

This is where synergy doesn't quite work.

If you don't know who the character is, it just isn't as exciting. If you really wanted to fight Vader, but instead got to fight Maul, at least you got to fight Darth Maul. His appearance in his one movie remains epic almost 20 years later. But if you wanted to fight Vader and instead fought a random "nobody" while others got to fight Darth Vader, it leaves both parents and padawans feeling disappointed. And the way to fix it is really simple. Just use a movie character that people know.

And to make matters worse, the 7th Sister isn't even on the show anymore.

And the other part of fighting the seventh sister I thought was odd was that they fought her on the ground while the Darth Vadar kids got to fight on the stage, it just seemed to me like those kids got jipped all around. I am sure it's done this way to save time, but for the hoopla to register for this show, I thought the experience was uneven depending on who they fought.

And the other part of fighting the seventh sister I thought was odd was that they fought her on the ground while the Darth Vadar kids got to fight on the stage, it just seemed to me like those kids got jipped all around. I am sure it's done this way to save time, but for the hoopla to register for this show, I thought the experience was uneven depending on who they fought.
it used to only be Vader on stage, but they decided to double the capacity so more kids could sign up. They just need to change the character back to Darth Maul

Spoilers!! Just Kidding. :ewok:

When I saw the Trials show, I thought perhaps the 7th Sister was a way to have greater gender balance, as well as promote the Rebels show. There are more options now, but past canon material offered a dearth of strong female characters. Perhaps a helmeted "bad gal" character is easier to cast than Ventress, who was also a formidable dark side opponent? Perhaps Clone Wars (Cartoon Network) is a complicating factor; I don't know.

I certainly understand the reasonable desire to "battle" an iconic, or at least very well-known character. Personally, I would hope that there continues to be parity for female representation. I know some little girls I've chatted with have told me they get tired of boys telling them Star Wars is for boys. (my pet peeve: retail outlets selling birthday cards with Vader on it for boys, etc.) Casting women in leadership/ battle roles helps to demonstrate how fandom is for everyone.

Back to thread: I'm planning my outfit for Galactic Night, and thinking of being green. Any thoughts whether green face paint would be considered a mask? Has anyone seen a green-faced costume at Halloween?

Spoilers!! Just Kidding. :ewok:

When I saw the Trials show, I thought perhaps the 7th Sister was a way to have greater gender balance, as well as promote the Rebels show. There are more options now, but past canon material offered a dearth of strong female characters. Perhaps a helmeted "bad gal" character is easier to cast than Ventress, who was also a formidable dark side opponent? Perhaps Clone Wars (Cartoon Network) is a complicating factor; I don't know.

I certainly understand the reasonable desire to "battle" an iconic, or at least very well-known character. Personally, I would hope that there continues to be parity for female representation. I know some little girls I've chatted with have told me they get tired of boys telling them Star Wars is for boys. (my pet peeve: retail outlets selling birthday cards with Vader on it for boys, etc.) Casting women in leadership/ battle roles helps to demonstrate how fandom is for everyone.

Back to thread: I'm planning my outfit for Galactic Night, and thinking of being green. Any thoughts whether green face paint would be considered a mask? Has anyone seen a green-faced costume at Halloween?
Great point. I have a feeling that most would rather fight a more recognizable character because they are recognizable, plus how cool to say you beat Vader or Maul as a "girl" I think in general. The whole boy/girl argument is old and outdated, I see a lot of people complain when there's a new princess meet because they say "something for the girls again and nothing for the boys" Def. a discussion worth having. Star Wars has always been a forward thinking franchise, since the first movie and our self rescuing Princess Leia.
As to the outfit, I think green face paint is fine because it's not blocking your face.

This is where synergy doesn't quite work.

If you don't know who the character is, it just isn't as exciting. If you really wanted to fight Vader, but instead got to fight Maul, at least you got to fight Darth Maul. His appearance in his one movie remains epic almost 20 years later. But if you wanted to fight Vader and instead fought a random "nobody" while others got to fight Darth Vader, it leaves both parents and padawans feeling disappointed. And the way to fix it is really simple. Just use a movie character that people know.

Totally agree. My boys did this actually at Disneyland and were set to fight SS then half way down the line Vader and SS switched places and were able to fight Vader. We were so elated!!

Apologies if this is slightly off the current topic, but I think this would be the best thread to post. I used to be a member of DIS back in 2008 so I have so much to catch up on!

I was wondering if it was known when the dates for the Star Wars Dessert parties are released - when we could book them. Right now, the dates listed are till the end of April. Do they just release them only 30-60 days out, or is the Dessert party no longer available?

Any help on this topic would be appreciated! I checked the site, allears, etc and I can't find it anywhere when you could search for a ressie. THANKS!

Apologies if this is slightly off the current topic, but I think this would be the best thread to post. I used to be a member of DIS back in 2008 so I have so much to catch up on!

I was wondering if it was known when the dates for the Star Wars Dessert parties are released - when we could book them. Right now, the dates listed are till the end of April. Do they just release them only 30-60 days out, or is the Dessert party no longer available?

Any help on this topic would be appreciated! I checked the site, allears, etc and I can't find it anywhere when you could search for a ressie. THANKS!

Check the first page of this thread. There is a list updated there of when the dates were updated. But yes. 30-60 days. I'm waiting on May!

Check the first page of this thread. There is a list updated there of when the dates were updated. But yes. 30-60 days. I'm waiting on May!

Apologies, I found it under the Fireworks schedule a few posts down from the Dessert party info. Could I assume that the Dessert Party reservations can be made on these dates too? Thanks for your help! It looks like I should check June 22.

Apologies, I found it under the Fireworks schedule a few posts down from the Dessert party info. Could I assume that the Dessert Party reservations can be made on these dates too? Thanks for your help! It looks like I should check June 22.

I believe that the party is usually released at that same time? Also stay subscribed to this thread. People will update here when they see dates open.

They usually update both fireworks and dessert party times at the same time but the party might be available to book a couple of hours after date release or day after.

Hi, I have read the first page with the dates for the fireworks. I do not see dates for early June does this mean no fireworks? Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter