**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

and don't forget the NEW SEASON OF STAR WARS REBELS starts tonight!!!!!!!!!
We are recording it because the Royals are on as we speak. Woohoo Go Royals!

DS8 was so excited to get this order number at BK tonight...while wearing this shirt. He was so hoping when his burger was up that they would announce "execute order 66". But of course it did not happen.
That is so awesome! I love it lol!

Hi everyone! First time posting on here. :) Has anyone heard any more details about which characters will be "interacting" at Launch Bay once it opens? I know there is the Vader and Chewy meet and greets, but my kiddos are hoping to meet characters like Ahsoka and Darth Maul. Any ideas? Thanks!!

Hi everyone! First time posting on here. :) Has anyone heard any more details about which characters will be "interacting" at Launch Bay once it opens? I know there is the Vader and Chewy meet and greets, but my kiddos are hoping to meet characters like Ahsoka and Darth Maul. Any ideas? Thanks!!

Nothing yet. We are all waiting to see. I think they only announced Vader and Chewie for Disneyland, so I don't know if they will have anything different at DHS.

:welcome:
like @soniam said we really don't have any details other than what DL will offer, they are showing meet and greet with Chewie in the huge banner that's on the main entrance to where Launch Bay will be and I'm sure that Vader will also meet, other than that I don't think there's enough space for another character meet inside.

On another note, I have been somewhat obsessed with the Rebels Recon Missions app lol. Also been working on YDs's BB8 costume. And...DH didn't say no to DL in Dec, so I am keeping an eye out. I am still not committed, but if an airline deal comes across my email...hmm...

Please share the BB8 costume. My son wanted to be BB8, but we have no parties, he can't wear costumes to school and he's not a huge fan of trick of treating, so he would essentially have no time to wear it so I managed to convince him to wear an old costume instead (now he's debating between jedi and ninja turtle).

Now I find myself kind of bummed that I don't get to figure out how to make it, though!!

Please share the BB8 costume. My son wanted to be BB8, but we have no parties, he can't wear costumes to school and he's not a huge fan of trick of treating, so he would essentially have no time to wear it so I managed to convince him to wear an old costume instead (now he's debating between jedi and ninja turtle).

Now I find myself kind of bummed that I don't get to figure out how to make it, though!!
I basically Tried to copy cat one of those pumpkin costumes. The kind that is basically a romper with stuffing in it. I got an oversized white tshirt, cut off the sleeves, and sewed the bottom center closed. I hand drew the circles with fabric marker and am painting them now. Once that's done, I'll put some elastic in the legs. I'm just going to put some stuffing in after he has it on, so the stuffing will just be between his undershirt and the costume shirt, not actually part of the costume. I didn't feel like putting in the effort of sewing two layers together lol. Oh, and I found a white stocking cap in the girls section at Walmart. I'm going to paint that like BB's head.

ETA: If you need to fit this on a bigger body, it'd be wise to use snaps or maybe a strong Velcro for the bottom rather than sewing it closed. My toddler will be able to fit through the neck hole, but an older kid might not. I haven't actually tried it on him yet. The neck will probably be too big, so I might add a drawstring to it to cinch it some once it's on.

:welcome:
like @soniam said we really don't have any details other than what DL will offer, they are showing meet and greet with Chewie in the huge banner that's on the main entrance to where Launch Bay will be and I'm sure that Vader will also meet, other than that I don't think there's enough space for another character meet inside.

If they leave the animation building the same inside, there'd be plenty of space for more than two characters. They have the hiro/baymax spot, sorcerer mickey, Minnie's room, where the incredibles met, and that random hallway where characters sometimes came in out of the rain.

If they leave the animation building the same inside, there'd be plenty of space for more than two characters. They have the hiro/baymax spot, sorcerer mickey, Minnie's room, where the incredibles met, and that random hallway where characters sometimes came in out of the rain.
that's right! I don't think they did any construction changes to the inside. All we have to go by is the concept art. The difference is that only Mickey and Baymax (that area) had a bigger space for lines, Minnie had a small space for lines and Incredibles almost no space at all, not sure how they would work the big lines for SW characters

Star-Wars-Launch-Bay_Full_25053.jpg

that's right! I don't think they did any construction changes to the inside. All we have to go by is the concept art. The difference is that only Mickey and Baymax (that area) had a bigger space for lines, Minnie had a small space for lines and Incredibles almost no space at all, not sure how they would work the big lines for SW characters

Star-Wars-Launch-Bay_Full_25053.jpg

Though, knowing disney, I think it's a long shot that there would be more than two characters. Whether others agree or disagree, I'm starting to associate disney with the 'bare minimum'.

Looking at the concept art, there are also 2 roaming characters in the picture.

I don't see why 2 characters would be bare minimum. This is 2 more SW characters than there were during this period prior to this!! And in my mind, this leaves room for SWW to offer MORE than just what will be there for Launch Bay. I guess when it comes to Disney, I'm a "glass half full" type of person... nowhere else, come to think of it... ... ;)

:) The kid in red shirt that looks completely freaked out and about to cry, walking away from R2D2

I thought he was afraid of r2. His dad's going to get mad soon, because he paid too much money for this trip for his son to be afraid of characters.

Maybe those are just statues and not roaming characters...

That's what I originally thought, looks like the woman is poking the storm trooper. Even though I think there will only be chewie and Vader, I will of course be super pleased if there are more.

Do we think Vader will be visa card exclusive? I thought I read somewhere that dhs is getting a sw character visa card meet exclusive.

I thought he was afraid of r2. His dad's going to get mad soon, because he paid too much money for this trip for his son to be afraid of characters.

That's what I originally thought, looks like the woman is poking the storm trooper. Even though I think there will only be chewie and Vader, I will of course be super pleased if there are more.

Do we think Vader will be visa card exclusive? I thought I read somewhere that dhs is getting a sw character visa card meet exclusive.
Vader will be the Chase character but I also think that the regular public will be able to meet him...maybe working 2 rooms, or maybe the Chase meet will be during a particular hour and then the general public will meet him

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter