• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

I attached a few pictures from our party.

My six year old did not want to be in the children's section, so she stood by us. She seemed to see most of it. There's a lot going on.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    50.1 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    60.5 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    48.4 KB · Views: 87

Im taking my husband to thisvon August 29th as a surprise...we are SW geeks, I decorated our yard for "The Force Awakens" vs. Christmas decor this year. In 2012 we did the VIP viewing of Fantasmic at DL and boy oh boy did the castmembers 100% treat us like VIPs. They waited on us hand and foot. My kids HATED it, they felt elitist, they said, and were uncomfortable...hubby, on the other hand, loved it! He is chatty and loves special treatment. He will love this!!! Im excited for the cocktails. Im curios about the Swamp Milk one...it has half and half. I want to be like The Dude from The Big Lebowski, with his White Russians!!!

I'm p.o.ed about the overlaping of Fantasmic and Star Wars Fireworks in August as well.

Also not happy that to really enjoy the Star Wars Fireworks fully you need to stake out a place very early in the small area recommended or pay top dollar for the dessert party.

What is happening Disney?!?! Why are you making it so difficult for an average person to be able to go and enjoy the park with their family. It has gotten too crazy. After this trip I am done!

Of course he admitted that they hope that guests come to DHS two different nights, once for each show!

They got us! We are planning H&V dinner and Fantasmic one night and the Dessert Party a few nights later. After seeing the food pics in this thread, I am glad we are not going right after a big dinner.

They got us! We are planning H&V dinner and Fantasmic one night and the Dessert Party a few nights later. After seeing the food pics in this thread, I am glad we are not going right after a big dinner.
We're planning to do the same thing for December- F! Package one night and dessert party on our last night (fingers crossed).

If this has been asked I apologize. I looked back at the first page but didn't see it. How much time should I plan for Jedi Training. If we are planning to RD for sign-ups and get the 10:40 slot, what time should I have my two kids back for JT. Is the 10:40 the show time or the time the kids need to come back? I'm hoping to fit in a ride on Star Tours and maybe a fp for TSMM before we have to be back. I feel like that could be pushing it for a 9:00 RD, especially if they have to be back way before the 10:40 time. This is for a late October trip if that helps anything.

If this has been asked I apologize. I looked back at the first page but didn't see it. How much time should I plan for Jedi Training. If we are planning to RD for sign-ups and get the 10:40 slot, what time should I have my two kids back for JT. Is the 10:40 the show time or the time the kids need to come back? I'm hoping to fit in a ride on Star Tours and maybe a fp for TSMM before we have to be back. I feel like that could be pushing it for a 9:00 RD, especially if they have to be back way before the 10:40 time. This is for a late October trip if that helps anything.
My understanding is that you need to report back so that they can start prepping the kids 30 minutes in advance - so you would need to plan for 40 minutes or so.

We haven't done it yet though - so someone correct me if I have that wrong!

Any chance they change that 8:45 time for late August? Really annoyed that it will overlap Fantasmic.

So I'm not sure where maybe on this thread but I don't remember for sure but I read that someone had actually spoken to a CM about this time overlap and they basically said that the reason was to prevent people from leaving a show early and disturbing the show for others around them so they can make it to the other show. Apparently this was an issue with people leaving F! mid show to catch SW fireworks. Problem number two they were addressing was the danger of rushing crowds and potentially injuries that could be caused. Finally this CM did admit that they were hoping that people would visit HS on two nights to enjoy both shows.

My trip isn't until December but after reading this a while back I'm planning on the assumption that SW fireworks will overlap on our nights there as well. So this meant some major edits to my planned nights. And as much as it hurts considering skipping one of the night time offerings.

So I'm not sure where maybe on this thread but I don't remember for sure but I read that someone had actually spoken to a CM about this time overlap and they basically said that the reason was to prevent people from leaving a show early and disturbing the show for others around them so they can make it to the other show. Apparently this was an issue with people leaving F! mid show to catch SW fireworks. Problem number two they were addressing was the danger of rushing crowds and potentially injuries that could be caused. Finally this CM did admit that they were hoping that people would visit HS on two nights to enjoy both shows.

My trip isn't until December but after reading this a while back I'm planning on the assumption that SW fireworks will overlap on our nights there as well. So this meant some major edits to my planned nights. And as much as it hurts considering skipping one of the night time offerings.
yes, I am going to have to make the decision between AK and SW myself. But since I am a fireworks girl and the kiddo loves star wars. Our other nights are all planned with F! dinner package, MVMCP, regular wishes and MSEP, Candlelight processional and a couple of nice signature dinners which would surely interfere with the earlier nighttime shows first week of december that we are not willing to give up (but will be seeing Illuminations and Wishes after - actually one is before MSEP/Wishes and the other is before a second illuminations). I'm actually HOPING RoL doesn't get rolled out so I don't feel like I am missing out.

10:40 is the show time, the show itself lasts for about 15 minutes and you do have to check in 30 minutes prior to show time
So jt check in at 10:10 until end of show around 10:55pm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter