**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

You're awesome! If they want to compensate us for our time and trouble give them my name, if they mention magic files you've never heard of me! :rolleyes1

No mention of compensation, but also no mention of a magic file ... so I'm not complaining. :)

The CM already knew I had been able to book the Star Wars party, but did offer to help with any other planning we might still have. (This was a genuinely sincere offer, so I feel bad for the sarcasm, but we're two weeks out ... our plans were basically set months ago! For the record, on the phone I just said, "thanks, but we're good to go".)

I did put a plug in for those of you waiting for the next round of bookings. Apparently it's the convention staff that hosts the in park parties, so that is part of the reason that they are released later than dining ADRs, FP+, etc. ... they need to balance their regular duties with the special events. So, I would expect the same sort of release timeline for the forseeable future (in my opinion).

The CM did say that George Kalogridis is very aware of the "dates and deadlines and planning" culture at WDW and the challenges it can cause compared to the more laid-back spontaneous atmosphere at DL (where George is from).

All in all, it was a positive phone call I would say.

Apologies if this has already been posted--I've just got a couple of minutes! Bookings are up through Labor Day!

I am subscribed but sometimes it sends me emails for this thread and other times it does not. Seems very inconsistent. The other day when there was over 10 new pages of posts since I had last looked on here I freaked out a bit afraid I had missed out.
I don't get why they stopped at Labor Day for bookings. Why go into Sept at all if not for the whole month?

I noticed they stopped at Labor Day for AK too... I wish they would release all
No mention of compensation, but also no mention of a magic file ... so I'm not complaining. :)

The CM already knew I had been able to book the Star Wars party, but did offer to help with any other planning we might still have. (This was a genuinely sincere offer, so I feel bad for the sarcasm, but we're two weeks out ... our plans were basically set months ago! For the record, on the phone I just said, "thanks, but we're good to go".)

I did put a plug in for those of you waiting for the next round of bookings. Apparently it's the convention staff that hosts the in park parties, so that is part of the reason that they are released later than dining ADRs, FP+, etc. ... they need to balance their regular duties with the special events. So, I would expect the same sort of release timeline for the forseeable future (in my opinion).

The CM did say that George Kalogridis is very aware of the "dates and deadlines and planning" culture at WDW and the challenges it can cause compared to the more laid-back spontaneous atmosphere at DL (where George is from).

All in all, it was a positive phone call I would say.
Thank you!! really hope they start releasing further than a month out! :)

@minniemickeyfan, yes adults can trade, too. For refernece, my adult friend traded a non-Disney pin (it was shiny so he was hoping they'd like it) and got back a pen. It was a nice pen, but it looked like it was from a workplace. Not terribly exciting. But still fun!

My son (age 12) traded on two differnt days. Once he got a really nice official Disney pin. The second time he traded, he just got a piece of a mini-droid. (The kind they sell at the store after Star Tours.)

So, be warned that you may not get anything terribly exciting, but it was fun! And all three times, the Jawa doing the trading was the one with the droid (C3PO?) leg.

Apologies if this has already been posted--I've just got a couple of minutes! Bookings are up through Labor Day!

Thanks for posting this update! Got our ressies for 8/25! My DD5 is not a fan of fireworks but after seeing the show on YouTube she wants to bring her headphones & see it.

Thanks for posting this update! Got our ressies for 8/25! My DD5 is not a fan of fireworks but after seeing the show on YouTube she wants to bring her headphones & see it.
Glad I could help someone! This thread is great! @yulilin3 really helped me plan a great trip to our first (and ultimately only :( ) SWW trip, so looking forward to having this as a little something until we get a greater SW presence.

Yes I had an alert saying hours were extended on 24 Sep this morning - the first day of my trip. Waiting patiently now for the rest of my trip.....

I don't know if this has been pointed out already but I don't think it has since this must have happened within the past few hours. The website is now showing Fireworks times up to September 24th. Previously, times were only listed up until September 5th. This is great news for me :)

I guess the ceo of parks and resorts liked what he saw on Thursday! This is great news!

@minniemickeyfan, yes adults can trade, too. For refernece, my adult friend traded a non-Disney pin (it was shiny so he was hoping they'd like it) and got back a pen. It was a nice pen, but it looked like it was from a workplace. Not terribly exciting. But still fun!

My son (age 12) traded on two differnt days. Once he got a really nice official Disney pin. The second time he traded, he just got a piece of a mini-droid. (The kind they sell at the store after Star Tours.)

So, be warned that you may not get anything terribly exciting, but it was fun! And all three times, the Jawa doing the trading was the one with the droid (C3PO?) leg.

My dh was talking to someone at Launch Bay a few months ago. At that time, no matter what was given in trade, the Jawas were only allowed to give droid parts out in exchange. I wondered what they had done with the items from guests?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter