**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Both Vader and Chewie will meet at Launch Bay all day. Vader will have extra time (as in another room probably) to meet for people with the Disney Visa Chase card from 11am to 4pm every day

Thanks! I know you didn't have to, but I swapped out my Mickey card for the Vader card just for this. :darth:

Both Vader and Chewie will meet at Launch Bay all day. Vader will have extra time (as in another room probably) to meet for people with the Disney Visa Chase card from 11am to 4pm every day

Last I heard, the Visa M&G is supposed to start in 2016. So it won't be during the first month of Launch Bay. Unless anyone has heard different? I don't have high expectations for the cardholder special though- I have yet to be very impressed with them in the past.

Last I heard, the Visa M&G is supposed to start in 2016. So it won't be during the first month of Launch Bay. Unless anyone has heard different? I don't have high expectations for the cardholder special though- I have yet to be very impressed with them in the past.
it's here, I updated the first page as soon as this came out about a month ago. It starts on Tuesday https://disneyrewards.com/vacation-perks/

DLR AP holder here and just wanted to let the WDW SW fans know how Launch Bay and the entire Season of the Force offerings at DLR are holding up. I haven't read much about the differences or similarities between the offerings at WDW compared to DLR, but Season of the Force has been received very positively at DLR (it debuted here on Nov 16). The regularly scheduled Launch Bay M&Gs have been great. The extent of SW character photo ops at DLR historically have been rather thin, so any SW M&Gs are a welcome addition). Both Vader and Chewie "speak" and the overall interaction exceeded my expectations. The Visa M&G with Vader here is identical to his regular M&G (same backdrop and all), so that's been disappointing. The one "unofficial" M&G at Launch Bay here is with Boba Fett in the Cantina area. His appearance times are not posted and CMs have been rather coy and tell guests that he's a bounty hunter and he comes and goes as he pleases. He also speaks and the interaction with him is a blast. The displays are nice and there are a number of miniature vehicle models and props from the films spread throughout Launch Bay. There's also a life size replica of Rey's Speeder, a life size flame trooper, and a number of different helmets on display (storm trooper varieties and Rebel/Resistance pilot helmets, including Poe's black squadron leader helmet).

Hyperspace Mountain has been an overwhelming success (see all the reviews over on the DLR forum) and the SW music and visuals are a really nice touch. The TFA scene in Star Tours is well done and a nice change of pace from the usual scenes. There's a couple of nice surprises and the scene itself is spoiler free. The new Jedi Training Academy hasn't started here yet. There's also a 10 min short film "Path of the Jedi" which is well done and is basically a recap of the OT and PT with narrative from Obi Wan, followed by the MNF TFA trailer.

Merchandise has taken over Tomorrowland (DLRs Season of the Force is contained entirely in Tomorrowland and SW music is played throughout the area). The most popular items have been the First Order Tie Fighter popcorn bucket, BB-8 sipper, customizable Star Tours name tags with your name written in Aurebesh, and create your own light sabers with cross guards.

As SW fans, our family loves what Disney has done at DLR. That said, the presence of SW at DLR has been nothing compared to what WDW had with SWW. SWW Season of the Force is not. But for DLR, it's a lot more than what we've ever had in the past.

Last edited:
Question for folks who may have a better understanding of how nights at DHS are going to go (or from past SWW experiences):

I read there will be a nightly Star Wars themes fireworks show starting in January. We have never done a night in DHS before but we're thinking of doing a Fantasmic dinner package this time. Does the SW fireworks replace Fantasmic, is it in addition to, so they run concurrently so you'll have to pick one, etc?

I guess the concern is booking the Fantasmic dinner and then missing the SW fireworks which our DS may prefer anyway.

Does the SW fireworks replace Fantasmic, is it in addition to, so they run concurrently so you'll have to pick one, etc?

I guess the concern is booking the Fantasmic dinner and then missing the SW fireworks which our DS may prefer anyway.

During SWW there were 2 showings of fantasmic with fireworks in between the shows. So it was possible to do both with the second Fantasmic being the most convenient to fit everything in.

Question for folks who may have a better understanding of how nights at DHS are going to go (or from past SWW experiences):

I read there will be a nightly Star Wars themes fireworks show starting in January. We have never done a night in DHS before but we're thinking of doing a Fantasmic dinner package this time. Does the SW fireworks replace Fantasmic, is it in addition to, so they run concurrently so you'll have to pick one, etc?

If there are two F! do the second one, they usually do the fireworks in between both showings of F!. If you do the first one it will be a hassle to get to the fireworks viewing areas. It is still unclear if fireworks will happen nightly starting January 5th or only on the weekends, but the dessert party is said to start booking Dec. 3rd so I'm hoping to have all info by then

Here's our tree and xmas decor.

The droids.
If there are two F! do the second one, they usually do the fireworks in between both showings of F!. If you do the first one it will be a hassle to get to the fireworks viewing areas. It is still unclear if fireworks will happen nightly starting January 5th or only on the weekends, but the dessert party is said to start booking Dec. 3rd so I'm hoping to have all info by then

Are you doing the dessert party on the first night?

I hope they do this well - so it's not obvious Vader is in 2 locations - ie if we see him with a line in LB then get in our super special Chase Visa line and meet him separately in a room - then exit and see him in LB again....

I feel I need to say that I got the Droid visa. Gotta give some love to them since everyone else seems to have Vader and Yoda.

I got the droids too:) I wish it had BB-8 and Chopper too. I really would have preferred just R2D2, but it's hard to break up a good pair.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter