• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official September 2023 Thread***

Hello! So excited - I'm planning a Sept. 17-23 trip to celebrate my niece's graduation (just she and I). It was postponed and we're finally going!

We're staying at Pop! and planning to do a MNSSHP as well.

We will also be celebrating a graduation in September! My daughter is graduating with a BFA in Musical Theatre in May, but we don't vacation from May to August, so we have to wait until September to celebrate. She hasn't been inside a Disney Park since her junior year of high school. She's only been on one girls trip during college, 2021 to Universal, but we did stay at Disney Springs and resort hopped. We were getting on the monorail at Magic Kingdom, and Mickey and Minnie waved at her from the train station. She couldn't stop crying. 😭 She hid her tears behind her sunglasses and mask. 😂

It will also be my stepson's first time in the parks since their junior year in high school. (They're the same age.) He joined the military after high school, and was stationed overseas. We're adding his wife to our troop/troupe as well.

I can finally update my trip information! I will be at Boardwalk Resort September 4-16th. This is my first time staying at an Epcot resort and can't wait to be able to walk over to the Food and Wine booths!

So jealous! This was one of my wish list resorts this year, but of course without having that as a home resort there is just no way I'm going to be able to book both a studio and a 2 bedroom there for the same days. Of course I'm going to try at the 7 month mark.

Very excited for my (tentative) trip! My last trip (3rd total and 1st as an adult) was from 9/6/22-9/13/22 and it was AMAZING! I’m hoping to go back with my parents (so far only my mom is on board) and my youngest sister (only my younger sister came on the last trip) this year from 9/5/23-9/12/23.

We stayed at the Contemporary Resort last time, because we couldn’t stay at Shades of Green without our parents, and we wanted to be walking distance from MK. Now that I’ll be going with someone that qualifies for a military discount, I’m going to try to rent DVC points and get a room at Bay Lake Tower. Shades of Green would’ve DEFINITELY been the better choice financially, but that walk to MK from the Contemporary was just way too convenient for me (especially since we ended the night there every day with our park hopper tickets and went to 2 MNSSHPs)!

The one thing I’m worried about for this trip is that Destination D23 is from 9/8/23-9/10/23. I’m worried the parks will be more crowded those days than last year, but I’ll definitely be buying Genie+ to cut down on my wait times. Fingers crossed I can plan this trip as perfect as I did last year!!! 🤞🏽

Edit: the reservation has been made 🎉

Last edited:
Welcome to the Official September 2023 Thread! We are less than a year out now, so let's start planning!

The magic is calling us to the place where all of our dreams come true, the most magical place on Earth - answer the call!

When are you going in September 2023 and where are you staying?

Dates and Resorts:wave:

September 1st - 10th: pskelly - POFQ
September 3rd - 13th: hsmamainva - Pop Century
September 6th - 20th: EmilyGahr - Wilderness Lodge and Yacht Club (honeymoon!)
September 21st - 25th: VAtink - Yacht Club
September 21st, 25th - 27th: JiminyCricketNJ - Bay Lake Tower
September 27th - October 7th: debedo - BW/CCR
September 3rd -10 Pop Century

Tomorrow is the big day. I finally get to book Southwest flights and finalize our plans! Flight schedules through October 4th release tomorrow. Does anyone have any idea what time I should start checking if I want to grab them as soon as they are released?

Tomorrow is the big day. I finally get to book Southwest flights and finalize our plans! Flight schedules through October 4th release tomorrow. Does anyone have any idea what time I should start checking if I want to grab them as soon as they are released?
Start checking around 7-7:15 Eastern.

Sept 9th to 19th at SSR.

Points from our new contract are loaded! We're all booked! Just have to wait for Southwest to open flights now.
Woohoo - added! FLights opened today, hope you got what you were looking for!
We'll be there September 9-16th(may add an extra night on) staying at Boulder Ridge Villas...which is our DVC home but it's also my son's first "real" trip where he counts as a child lol. We're going to celebrate his 4th birthday
Happy Birthday to him! How exciting!
Hello😊 I'll be heading down again next September 16-23. Renting dvc points and staying at the Polynesian with two of my co-workers.
Poly is one of my favorites! Added you!
My party is going to WDW from the 12 to the 20th

Originally when we started planning we were aiming for POP but we just heard that Drury Plaza is open and have moved our reservations there Just this morning.

Wish I had read the updates about D23 before making the move though. I'm starting to wonder if I should also move my dates by a week. This is only my 2nd time going to WDW so I'm not sure what to expect that week after D23 in regards to park crowds.
Added you!
Hi
We will be there 9/22-9/30 at Shades of Green
Excited to try SOG for first time, as it’s the only way we can afford to experience a deluxe resort
We normally stay value to save money but with the 5th person in our party over age 2 SOG is actually our cheapest option
I've always wanted to try Shades of Green!
Sept 10-14 All Star Music
Woohoo! Added!
Hello! So excited - I'm planning a Sept. 17-23 trip to celebrate my niece's graduation (just she and I). It was postponed and we're finally going!

We're staying at Pop! and planning to do a MNSSHP as well.
MNSSHP is so fun!
Officially booked! Staying at Pop from 9/10-9/17 under the dining promo. My son and I are going and possibly my mom, step dad and sister will be going with us from Atlanta (we live in Indianapolis). Now just to wait for Southwest to open up flights!

Is it September yet? :rolleyes1
We also booked with the dining promo! Its no dining plan, but it's something!
I can finally update my trip information! I will be at Boardwalk Resort September 4-16th. This is my first time staying at an Epcot resort and can't wait to be able to walk over to the Food and Wine booths!
We'll be at the Boardwalk for the second half of our trip! Can't wait to walk to EPCOT!
Just booked our trip today! 9/5 to 9/10 at All Star Movies. It's a surprise bday trip for my daughter and she won't know about it until June.....ugh...hard haha. My husband and I speak of it in secret. Anyway, waiting on MNSSHP tickets to come out in May (hopefully) and for Southwest to release their flights to see if I need to tweak my dates. So excited
So hard to keep the secret, but so exciting!
Very excited for my (tentative) trip! My last trip (3rd total and 1st as an adult) was from 9/6/22-9/13/22 and it was AMAZING! I’m hoping to go back with my parents (so far only my mom is on board) and my youngest sister (only my younger sister came on the last trip) this year from 9/5/23-9/12/23.

We stayed at the Contemporary Resort last time, because we couldn’t stay at Shades of Green without our parents, and we wanted to be walking distance from MK. Now that I’ll be going with someone that qualifies for a military discount, I’m going to try to rent DVC points and get a room at Bay Lake Tower. Shades of Green would’ve DEFINITELY been the better choice financially, but that walk to MK from the Contemporary was just way too convenient for me (especially since we ended the night there every day with our park hopper tickets and went to 2 MNSSHPs)!

The one thing I’m worried about for this trip is that Destination D23 is from 9/8/23-9/10/23. I’m worried the parks will be more crowded those days than last year, but I’ll definitely be buying Genie+ to cut down on my wait times. Fingers crossed I can plan this trip as perfect as I did last year!!! 🤞🏽

Edit: the reservation has been made 🎉
Woohoo! Added to the list!
September 3rd -10 Pop Century
How exciting! Added you!
DH and I are taking our 6 yr old granddaughter for her first visit. Renting points and staying at BLT Sept 1-7. Can't wait!!!
How special! BLT is amazing!
Can I join please!
second solo trip 11 September to 25th at POFQ, with a couple of days in between at Universal.
Loved the September 2022 group!
Solo trips are awesome! Added you!
I will be going Sept 12 to 20, 2023
- Staying at Port Orleans French Quarters
Never stayed there but I hear it's amazing! Added you!
I have finalized our trip: Sep 2-7 at OKW and Sep 7-10 at HHI.
Yay!! Welcome! Added you!

So sorry for being MIA!!!!!
Wedding planning combined with not having a computer did not make it easy to stay in touch on here,but I'm back!

September is going to come up quick!!!

We've finalized our plans. I didn't get to use my extra 2 days on the front or my extra 2 days on the back. We're flying at the same time our kids are, because we'll have to drive down together to fly out of an airport 2 hours away. I was really, really hoping that we would use the airport 20 minutes away, so they could just have someone else drop them off or pick them up, and hubby and I could stay longer, and we could avoid paying parking for a second vehicle. :( But since the kids are all paying for their own airline tickets they all opted to drive the extra 2 hours and save $100 each.

Hubby wouldn't let me change the hotel at 7 months either.

So Sept 9 - 17 at SSR it is.

And I've tweaked our trip by a day so we can do the H20 Glow night on Sep 2. We are now going to be at OKW Sep 1-7 and still had Disney's HHI Sep 7-10.

Staying at SSR Sept. 15 thru 22nd. Our first trip inside the Disney Bubble™️!! Can't wait! When will they announce the dates for MNSSHP - so we can plan which days to avoid MK (or go early and leave by 4pm!)?

May have made a mistake, but HERE WE ARE! Had originally booked October 26-Nov 4th and due to some work conflicts we needed to move it up. So after looking around at dates I landed on September 3rd- September 12th. Much cheaper at POP than before, plus we get a 450$ dining card! We've gone in September before so we're aware of the heat and the rain and we can deal, but I am curious to see how crowds will be. We've done mid-end September but never over Labor Day.

Sept 14th - 22nd Boulder Ridge Villas for our 30th anniversary. Renting points and we will have park hoppers.

Just booked a trip! Saratoga Springs, using DVC points - September 28 through October 1st. Just a Long weekend with my husband for food and wine. We plan on doing two Epcot days and one Disney Springs/pool day.

I am beyond excited to be added to the list. We were just there last September and were planning on September 2024 but DH sprinkled some pixie dust my way and me and my BFF are coming September 5th - 12th and are staying at our beloved Pop Century! 154 days!!

I changed my dates and am staying a full week now. Airfare purchased and i’m so excited.
Dates are now 9/12-9/19 and still at All star Movies

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter