***Official September 2022 Thread***

Thanks. We are fully vaccinated and boosted, so 3 shots and we got pretty sick. First time catching Covid in two and a half years. Symptoms were extreme sore throat, cough, body aches, chills and fever. We have been to Disney 5 times since the pandemic in June 2020, July 2020, December 2020, May 2021 and October 2021 and managed to avoid it. We even went to Disneyland in April 2022 and didn’t catch it.

We masked indoors and in crowded outdoor areas and still caught it. We did 3 sit down meals but masked up when we were not actively eating or drinking which is what we did the past five times and came home unscathed.
Wow- we are very similar! Same situation here- we are fully vaccinated and boosted. Same symptoms as well. We also went to WDW previously in September 2020 (drove straight thru from Ohio), May 2021, September 2021, and June 2022 and were completely fine with our precautions. We tested upon return each time so we didn’t spread it to others unknowingly (we have immunocompromised family members). This variant must be SUPER contagious! We still can’t think of where exactly we picked it up but who knows. We don’t regret the trip but after seeing some certain behaviors from others (comments about our masks, openly coughing and sneezing on others in line without covering mouths, visibly sick people unmasked), my trust in my fellow human is very low right now. Anyway, hope everyone who brought back an “unwanted souvenir“ is feeling better and fully recovers!

Wow- we are very similar! Same situation here- we are fully vaccinated and boosted. Same symptoms as well. We also went to WDW previously in September 2020 (drove straight thru from Ohio), May 2021, September 2021, and June 2022 and were completely fine with our precautions. We tested upon return each time so we didn’t spread it to others unknowingly (we have immunocompromised family members). This variant must be SUPER contagious! We still can’t think of where exactly we picked it up but who knows. We don’t regret the trip but after seeing some certain behaviors from others (comments about our masks, openly coughing and sneezing on others in line without covering mouths, visibly sick people unmasked), my trust in my fellow human is very low right now. Anyway, hope everyone who brought back an “unwanted souvenir“ is feeling better and fully recovers!
I hope you guys are feeling better as well.

I feel this all so much. I went down in January right after the big omicron wave. Three shots and lots of masking. I had more meals inside then too and I still managed it this time instead of back then. I'm very thankful that it was basically only a stuffy nose. My only problem now the post nasal drip cough.

Unfortunately yes I would be on my guard, but the timing is very up in the air. I read this morning that while it has great potential, especially moving into the gulf, to be a big storm, its being slowed a bit from the sheer of Fiona. Once Fiona moves further north and this thing hits the warmth of the gulf it's going to advance from invest to tropical storm or even hurricane in a very short amount of time. Once its in the gulf though it doesn't mean disaster for Florida, especially more inland for Orlando. It could go into Texas which would just mean light rain. The only known projection at this point is into the gulf. So no one lose hope that vacations are going to be ruined. Its still a little ways away and where it will hit isn't set.
oh no!!! hurricane is coming to Disney Tuesday pm to Wednesday pm (as of now)

oh no!!! hurricane is coming to Disney Tuesday pm to Wednesday pm (as of now)

From what I'm seeing today its more likely to hit Wednesday and that would be a direct hit to the area of Naples, which isn't near Disney at all. The outer bands may be in the area of Orlando earlier, but its likely to be later in the day overnight when the storm is stronger in that area.... and that's IF it follows through the current spaghetti models and paths. Also, once it's over land it will significantly weaken, so Orlando wouldn't be in the worst of it by any means.

Anything can happen between now and then. It needs to pass over Cuba and get into the open gulf before they really know more. Right now everything is projection. They advise certain areas to prepare, but accuracy and knowing exact locations isn't determined for a storm until in the 48 hours range. At this point there's no clear path or way of knowing what the category will be. I'd be prepared of course, but not panicked.

Add us to the “brought back the worst souvenir” group. We were only there for three nights and didn’t even go to the parks! We stayed at GF/YC so just lots of pool time.

We masked on the planes and only did one indoor dining ( WCC which is pretty open too). People were coughing everywhere and not masking. The lack of hand sanitizer around like it used to be doesn’t help.

First time having Covid for both me and DH. I literally haven’t been sick in years now so I definitely felt this coming on right away. We got home late on Tuesday and starting feeling it Friday. This is my third time to WDW since the pandemic started and I even went to Disneyland in Feb.

Hope everyone that’s there now or still has trips to come stays healthy!

Add us to the “brought back the worst souvenir” group. We were only there for three nights and didn’t even go to the parks! We stayed at GF/YC so just lots of pool time.

We masked on the planes and only did one indoor dining ( WCC which is pretty open too). People were coughing everywhere and not masking. The lack of hand sanitizer around like it used to be doesn’t help.

First time having Covid for both me and DH. I literally haven’t been sick in years now so I definitely felt this coming on right away. We got home late on Tuesday and starting feeling it Friday. This is my third time to WDW since the pandemic started and I even went to Disneyland in Feb.

Hope everyone that’s there now or still has trips to come stays healthy!
For those that say they came home with Covid, did you test everyday While in Wdw? Did you test beforehand? If So, where is a good place to buy bulk Covid tests and how often should I test to make sure that I don’t spread it while on vacation?

I have 4 tests and I was already bringing elderberry and vitamin C to hopefully keep the immune system up.

I have had 2 boosters and had Covid twice but I don’t want to unintentionally pass Covid to someone.

I
For those that say they came home with Covid, did you test everyday While in Wdw? Did you test beforehand? If So, where is a good place to buy bulk Covid tests and how often should I test to make sure that I don’t spread it while on vacation?

I have 4 tests and I was already bringing elderberry and vitamin C to hopefully keep the immune system up.

I have had 2 boosters and had Covid twice but I don’t want to unintentionally pass Covid to someone.
i called Turner Drugs and had tests delivered to resort.

I’ve got about 5 hours to decide if we cancel our trip 9/25-9/29, such a short trip to get hammered by Ian for 2 days but we’re booked at the Contemporary on the Disney+ Deal and I honestly don’t think well ever get another chance to stay on the loop. Humbug. If the parks close will the restaurants (and please say bars) at the resorts stay open?

@karen4546 we tested before the two days before we left and were negative. We were only there for three nights so we didn’t bring any with us.

I went to CVS and they said insurance covers 8 tests a month so they just gave me a bag with all 8.

@karen4546 we tested before the two days before we left and were negative. We were only there for three nights so we didn’t bring any with us.

I went to CVS and they said insurance covers 8 tests a month so they just gave me a bag with all 8.
I’m going to CVS today. I have the ones through USPS.

I brought a two pack from my free USPS tests. I didn't test before I left, but didn't really come into contact with anyone for a while before I left since I work from home. I tested negative on Saturday when the sore throat started. I didn't test again until I got home which was positive pretty much instantly. Considering I got down there on Wednesday and had a sore throat Saturday, but probably wasn't shedding enough virus to be positive yet, I'm guessing I came into contact with someone within the first day of being there. Incubation is 2-7 days on average. If you've had two boosters, especially if one was the new one, and you mask, I think you'll be fine.

I’ve got about 5 hours to decide if we cancel our trip 9/25-9/29, such a short trip to get hammered by Ian for 2 days but we’re booked at the Contemporary on the Disney+ Deal and I honestly don’t think well ever get another chance to stay on the loop. Humbug. If the parks close will the restaurants (and please say bars) at the resorts stay open?
I say its up to you of course, but if I remember correctly, I don't think they do keep restaurants open. It may be different with the Contemporary since it's more contained into one building, but I think they deliver food to keep people inside and safe.

Storm update: I have to say, looking right now like it's hitting Tampa would not be good. That's a path much closer to WDW. Travel and the airport are going to be shut down. But if it is still projected for Wednesday, its also considered too far away yet for accuracy. The fact that it shifted from Naples to Tampa makes it more of a westward shift. If it continues to move westward, it could move into the panhandle or even a different state. So not great news right now, but still too early to know for sure.

Wouldn’t a continued western shift be good news for Disney?

Wouldn’t a continued western shift be good news for Disney?

The current western shift isn't, Tampa is almost directly west and it looks like it will cut across. But if the trend continues and it moves more towards the panhandle or Alabama/Louisiana then it would be. Still too early as of now.

The current western shift isn't, Tampa is almost directly west and it looks like it will cut across. But if the trend continues and it moves more towards the panhandle or Alabama/Louisiana then it would be. Still too early as of now.

Yeah my hope is the western trend continues. One of the models does have it missing the peninsula as of now.

We brought 4 tests, I had decided if we started feeling bad we would test then. My step dad felt bad on our 6th day, but thought heat, age… he took the rest of the day easy in the hotel room and felt better the next day so he chose not to test… on our 8th out of 9 day my oldest DD felt bad before bed and I felt bad when I woke up on our travel day so I tested us before we got in the plane and both negative. My step dad tested positive that night, and the rest of us went down like dominos from there. In retrospect I wish I would have pushed him to test the day he felt bad, but he might not have tested positive yet then either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter