***Official September 2022 Thread***

We got back from our couples trip on Sunday. Here's a quick recap for anyone interested!

Tues 9/13: Arrived at MCO around 7:30 am, took an Uber to Pop, and Skyliner to EPCOT. It was our first time on the Skyliner and it was awesome! Felt like another ride. LOL We arrived at EPCOT by 9:00 am. Headed to Future World and rode Soarin', Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land, and Nemo. Took the Friendship Boat across the lagoon for lunch in Japan (QS). Walked to France and stood in long, hot line for martini slush at F&W booth which was delicious (highly recommend). Didn't care for the creme brûlée (mushy and warm). Did some people-watching and then took the Skyliner back to Pop for a break (tired from early flight). Around 3:30 headed back to EPCOT for 4:25 ADR at Space 220 Lounge. We loved the whole experience and felt lucky to have gotten the ADR. Rode Spaceship Earth again then headed to World Showcase to wander around before Harmonious (also rode Gran Fiesta Tour in Mexico). We found a spot for Harmonious in the large space right where FW meets WS in front of the lagoon. It was filling up fairly quickly and we waited 1.5 hours for the show to start. By the time it started they made everyone stand up to fit more people in, so that part wasn’t great but we loved the show. After the show we went to the Skyliner to wait in the horrendously long line to get back to Pop. It kept temporarily stalling which was frustrating but we finally made it back and hit the sack around 12:30. I think we had been up for almost 22 hours because of our early flight!

Wed 9/14: Purchased Genie+ at 6:45 am and at 7:00 got LL for Haunted Mansion for 9:15 return time (PPF was already too far out). Arrived by bus to MK by 8:30 and hit early entry. Went right to PPF and had a 30 minute wait, but we were OK with this (DH had never seen the full queue anyway). Rode HM and got next LL for Pirates. When we got to Pirates for our LL the standby time was only 10 minutes, so we rode standby and then got right on again with our LL. LOL Got next LL for Splash. Rode standby on magic carpets to kill some time. Actually killed more time than we wanted because standby time was not posted and it ended up being like a 25 minute wait. Rode Splash. Went to lunch at Casey’s and got a table outside from which we were able to see part of the noon parade. Got a LL for BTMR for 1:00. On the way to BTMR did Swiss Family Treehouse and Country Bear Jamboree. Had never done country bears before and won’t do it again. Very outdated and I think we dozed off a bit. LOL Rode BTMR and got LL for Buzz. Rode Buzz, although it malfunctioned while we were on it, lights came on and we lost our scores, but no biggie. People mover unfortunately too crowded to ride. Did Laugh Floor and got some ice cream and headed back to Pop around 3:00 for a break. Turned out to be perfect timing because rain hit during our break. Got LL for Pooh before heading back to MK around 5:30. Pooh was down for technical reasons which was OK because we got an anytime LL. Did Carousel of Progress, Small World, and then used anytime LL for BTMR (love riding this at night). Headed quickly to Contemporary to see fireworks from the California Grill balcony since we had an ADR there for later. It was cool to see the “bigger picture” of the fireworks from this vantage point, but I don’t think I would do it again. Because of the angle, the fireworks actually appear to be to the right of the castle as opposed to behind it as intended. Our table for CG was ready about 9:35 and we had an awesome table right at the window. Very nice dinner but glad I had Disney reward redemption dollars to pay for it ($$$). Uber back to Pop. Moral of today: definitely recommend Genie+ for MK! I actually enjoyed the process of seeing what ride would pop up each time I checked.

Sorry this is so long. That's only 2 of our 5 days, so I will write more later. Unless I should take this to trip reports instead?
I would love to hear more!

Its still early days on the storm, but the fact that they have spaghetti models on something that isn't a depression yet isn't good. It means the conditions are right. But paths always change.

I enjoy your commentary so much. Going to need a Danielle weather watch thread after this sept thread is done

LOL I've become the go to weather person for my work as well. One of my coworkers had her trip to DR cancelled on her because she was supposed to arrive on Sunday, same day as Fiona was hitting there. September is just that month you need to be careful.

I got back at 1:00AM on September 21. A 20 hour day for me.

On my departure day I woke up at about 8, got breakfast and finished packing by 10. Dropped my bags and into MK. Went on my favorite attractions (those that were once in Disneyland) had a Dole Whip Float and headed to EPCOT. Back-In-The-Day I would do one or two rides in all four parks - can't do that anymore. Spaceship Earth and some dishes from four Food and Wine booths then back to POP.

Took the Sunshine Flyer for the first time. I got outside at 4:15 for a 4:25 trip. The bus arrived at 4:19 with eight people on board. Three of us got on at POP and the bus left at 4:26 - POP being the last stop. I loved the old 1930's and 1940's cartoons they play. And they have Disney trivia.

Plane from MCO to SLC - couldn't get any sleep - then SLC to LAX - no sleep on that 90 minute trip. Lyft from LAX at midnight was $90 - taxi the same - so I took the Flyaway bus to Union Station for $9.75 and got a Lyft home from there for $18 including a $5 tip.

I know leave on Sept 22 (tomorrow as I write this) for a 24 day job. Just enough time to do laundry and pack again.

A fine trip - stupid hot, some hard rain (I LOVE rain!), crowds higher than in past Septembers, most days solo but met up with friends several time, Sapphire Falls at Universal was very nice and I still love POP Century. I was on the ground floor just about as far from food court as you can get in 2137 but that wasn't too bad. I ate at 50's Prime Time (love their fried chicken and servers), had an amazing burger and onion rings at Sci-Fi Dine-In and spent a lot of money eating from all but one Food & Wine booth.

It sure has been fun sharing everyone's September trips here.

Continuing my trip report from before:

Thurs 9/15: Got up a little later today and had breakfast at the Pop food court, arrived at EPCOT around noon via Skyliner. Since it was our 2nd EPCOT day we took it a bit easier, strolled around WS, saw the drummers in Japan, looked at some exhibits in the various countries, enjoyed the Mariachi band in Mexico. It was a blazing hot day. Did Gran Fiesta Tour in Mexico to cool off a bit (and we love that ride). Headed to FW and rode Figment, Soarin’, Spaceship Earth. Had lunch at Connections Eatery and then relaxed in the Mexico gazebo area with churros. (Note: the churros in Mexico are like little nuggets rather than the long ones you get in MK and not quite as good, but they were accompanied by chocolate sauce!) DH grabbed a beer at a F&W booth and then we watched an outdoor band in Canada (I admit to dozing off a bit but it was great music!). We were really hot and I felt the need for A/C so we went to the Pixar Short Film Festival in FW. Interestingly, it was the same 3 films we saw on our trip back in 2018, but still enjoyable. And as a surprise, when we entered the building for the film festival, Mickey was in there doing a meet and greet!!! We hadn’t planned to meet any characters this trip, but there were only a couple of people in line so we couldn’t pass that up. So cool. After the films we had some time to kill before catching the bus to our 8:30 HDDR ressie, so we headed to The Land and watched the Awesome Planet film and rode Soarin’ again (my fave ride in EPCOT). By this time it was absolutely pouring down rain outside, but we needed to catch the bus to Ft. Wilderness so we put on our ponchos and raised our umbrellas and headed to the buses. I tell ya’, in the dark and rain it was an absolutely miserable 1+ hours to get to Pioneer Hall. Of course the show and food put us in good spirits again. We were Category 2 and had a great view. After the show we opted for an Uber back to Pop and ended our day around 11:00.

More to come!

Unfortunately three out of the four people in my party tested positive for Covid after our trip 9/14 to 9/18. We brought the worst souvenir back.
Same! I wasn’t part of this group (found the thread too late!), but DH and I tested positive for Covid the morning after returning from our trip from 9/8 to 9/18. We knew the risks but tried to be careful…masked indoors always, at airports, and on the plane both ways. Did not do any indoor dining. And it still got us! For those going now, be careful…lots of coughing and visibly sick people around. Hope you and your family are feeling better soon.

Same! I wasn’t part of this group (found the thread too late!), but DH and I tested positive for Covid the morning after returning from our trip from 9/8 to 9/18. We knew the risks but tried to be careful…masked indoors always, at airports, and on the plane both ways. Did not do any indoor dining. And it still got us! For those going now, be careful…lots of coughing and visibly sick people around. Hope you and your family are feeling better soon.
My DH brought it back too.
I went on 2 trips through the last year and we didn't get covid, probably because everyone was masked indoors and there was sanitizer everywhere.
Now hardly anyone is masked and the sanitizer stations are mostly gone.

Yes, there were SO many coughing people, especially on my flights. And many with the worst coughs weren't wearing a mask which is mind boggling to me after what we've all been through the past two years. My dad is still dealing with symptoms after being hospitalized after our trip with Covid. I somehow managed to get through it all healthy but not sure how other than wearing a mask on my flights. Definitely be careful, everyone!

LOL I've become the go to weather person for my work as well. One of my coworkers had her trip to DR cancelled on her because she was supposed to arrive on Sunday, same day as Fiona was hitting there. September is just that month you need to be careful.
DaniellePoppins AKA weather person: Do we need to watch out for this new TS/possible hurricane heading to the Gulf next weeK?? (Please say 'no') Wednesday is our rest day and Thursday is our Epcot day.. Will we get more than rain on those days?? Thanks in advance!!

DaniellePoppins AKA weather person: Do we need to watch out for this new TS/possible hurricane heading to the Gulf next weeK?? (Please say 'no') Wednesday is our rest day and Thursday is our Epcot day.. Will we get more than rain on those days?? Thanks in advance!!

Unfortunately yes I would be on my guard, but the timing is very up in the air. I read this morning that while it has great potential, especially moving into the gulf, to be a big storm, its being slowed a bit from the sheer of Fiona. Once Fiona moves further north and this thing hits the warmth of the gulf it's going to advance from invest to tropical storm or even hurricane in a very short amount of time. Once its in the gulf though it doesn't mean disaster for Florida, especially more inland for Orlando. It could go into Texas which would just mean light rain. The only known projection at this point is into the gulf. So no one lose hope that vacations are going to be ruined. Its still a little ways away and where it will hit isn't set.

Hello everyone! We got back home yesterday. I am still off work until Monday but it will be filled with doing laundry and getting all our vacation stuff packed away and back to storage until the next trip.

Our dates were 9/10-9/21. We did two MNSSHP (9/11 and 9/18), two Treats and Seats Dessert Parties (9/15 and 9/19), and Rose and Crown Fireworks dining (9/20) so if you have any specific questions regarding any of those let me know.

We have always gone in September and by far this is the busiest it has ever been and has us looking at other times of the year (we will probably still end up going in September because that is what we do but we are looking anyway). The trade-off of putting up the high heat and humidity was always lower crowds but this trip we had it all and throw in a lot of rain so that didn't all pan out.

MNSSHP - Compared to all the other years we have gone these seemed way more crowded and we didn't get much done at all and we did two. Think we will take a break from the parties at least for the next trip. We did get a lot of candy though!

We stayed at POP like always but we are considering giving All-Star Music a try next trip. There was only one day out of the trip that we were able to take the Skyliner to and from the parks. On the other days, it was always closed due to weather for our Epcot and HS days.

Bus service on this trip was excellent! We have never walked up to a bus stop for POP this many times and have hardly anyone in line. In the past, you could always pick out POPs stop by the mobs of people. Not this time they had buses pulling in right after each other to keep everyone moving.

Genie+ saved us with the crowds. We are the type to ride the same rides multiple times in a day. This trip that just wasn't happening much with the longer lines. We pretty much just used Genie+ to do everything during the day. We also broke down and used the ILL every day. I hated paying it but it paid off for us. Luckily there are only two of us. If we had more people we wouldn't have been able to do it.

Was it a great trip - of course! It sounds like a lot of complaining I know but in the end, we had a great 11-night trip. It was just different and we learned some things we need to do differently for the next one if the crowds continue like they are and I assume they will.

So any questions you have I will be happy to try and help.

Our next trip won't be until 2024.

Thanks. We are fully vaccinated and boosted, so 3 shots and we got pretty sick. First time catching Covid in two and a half years. Symptoms were extreme sore throat, cough, body aches, chills and fever. We have been to Disney 5 times since the pandemic in June 2020, July 2020, December 2020, May 2021 and October 2021 and managed to avoid it. We even went to Disneyland in April 2022 and didn’t catch it.

We masked indoors and in crowded outdoor areas and still caught it. We did 3 sit down meals but masked up when we were not actively eating or drinking which is what we did the past five times and came home unscathed.

Flight delayed. Incoming flight diverted because of thunderstorms in Providence.

Hope I can make my 6:30 PM Space 220 Lounge reservation. If not, someone here should take it.

Unfortunately yes I would be on my guard, but the timing is very up in the air. I read this morning that while it has great potential, especially moving into the gulf, to be a big storm, its being slowed a bit from the sheer of Fiona. Once Fiona moves further north and this thing hits the warmth of the gulf it's going to advance from invest to tropical storm or even hurricane in a very short amount of time. Once its in the gulf though it doesn't mean disaster for Florida, especially more inland for Orlando. It could go into Texas which would just mean light rain. The only known projection at this point is into the gulf. So no one lose hope that vacations are going to be ruined. Its still a little ways away and where it will hit isn't set.
Thank you so much for your input!!

Feel better soon to all who are returning with an unwanted extra… we’re all finally feeling better here about 10 days after returning. A few of us still testing positive but we seem to have gotten lucky with mild cases and I still think it was worth it for us. Thank goodness for boosters and all the current treatments. It all feels so much more manageable than two years ago!

I have friends at MK today and it looks like wait times are wild! 45mins for magic carpets? I assume it’s the non-party night phenomenon but that doesn’t sound very low crowd to me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter