***Official September 2022 Thread***

Getting so excited watching everyone packing and leaving! We are counting down the days, and then of course I had to get sick this week. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø Nothing like what Karenā€™s husband has gone throughšŸ˜ØšŸ˜” but still setting us back a bit in our preparations. Thinking of you @karen4546 hoping things are ok.
Yā€™all who are there before us, keep the on-the-scene reports coming! Iā€™m loving hearing the details! šŸ˜
Day 9 in the hospital. DH had a setback but he looks and sounds better today.

Iā€™m not sure if I posted this, but the polyp and lymph nodes around it were not cancerous. Waiting on the pathology from the fist size mass. It has been 5 days since surgery.

Moonlight Magic was great last night! Found a new favorite treat called Scarā€™s Lair which is dole whip with sour apple sauce - so good!

Unfortunately, my dad barely slept last night so Iā€™m on my own again this morning. Just ate breakfast at Sassagoula and a CM just brought around beignet samples. Heading on the boat to Disney Springs next and will do some window shopping and check out the new cookie of the month at Gideonā€™s. Hopefully after some sleep my dad will be ready to head to HS. Fingers crossed!

Day 9 in the hospital. DH had a setback but he looks and sounds better today.

Iā€™m not sure if I posted this, but the polyp and lymph nodes around it were not cancerous. Waiting on the pathology from the fist size mass. It has been 5 days since surgery.
That is great news about no cancer found in those! Hoping for continued good news for you both!

Hi guys!! For those that will be staying at a Disney Resort the month of September, can you please take a picture of the Recreation Calendar for the Monthly Recreation Calendar Thread so we can help out others with their upcoming trips? Iā€™d truly appreciate it! Thank you so much in advance and have a great time!!
Just checked at the POFQ front desk for you and they donā€™t have it printed out yet. Iā€™ll check back later and post what I find in your thread. šŸ˜Š

Just walked on the Safari. So empty here. Cast member just said it feels weird to them also. Iā€™m not complaining!
Watching these wait times I'm really feeling some buyer's remorse on 8 DAYS of Genie+ I purchased ahead of time. šŸ˜‚ For two people that was enough $$ for two really good table service meals, or a a new Dooney. šŸ˜­
That's the typical 'September' forecast for Florida. It WILL rain, but when/how long is the question for each day. Most of the time it's a half hour splurge.

Only thing of concern is hurricanes. If that's clear, then days should be fine for the trip.
Yeah. I never noticed it showing literally the same thing all the way across the state before though. šŸ˜‚ That has to just be a filler until they get a good forecast. I guess I usually only check Orlando.

I think I almost have my husband convinced that Disney Springs would be best and we can just drive to the beach if the weather is good. I know a ton of things to do at Disney/ in Orlando on a rainy day, and we can drive to the beach if the weather isn't bad. I don't think we've ever driven to the beach in Florida without encountering rain at some point in the day though. But we've also been in Florida in September on days that it rained aaalll daaayy
Even though I don't leave for more than a week, I packed my big suitcase last night - and by packed I mean overpacked.
I started packing one of my big suitcases... and ran out of room. I'm going to have to squish my Loungeflys up and pack them inside each other or make some cuts. lol.

I am happy to report that I will not be impacting anyone's vacations! That disturbance number 1 is going nowhere fast it seems and unlikely to develop into anything strong. I would say the next week at least will continue to be quiet.
View attachment 698855
I'm so glad you won't be causing any trouble. Hoping all stays quiet for a couple weeks.

You might want to call Merchandise Guest Services: 877-560-6477
Their hours are Monday-Friday, 9AM-8PM eastern.
I had to call twice last week. Have your order number ready. The call is super quick.
Thank you. I called today. It was a quick call. They said wait until the 12th (5 days before we leave) and if we donā€™t have it by then to call back and they will send magic bands to our resort. Iā€™ll keep checking daily for a shipping notice and crossing my fingers.

Ugh I'm seriously going to lose my patience. My magic band has tracked to the sorting facility two towns over as of Monday and it hasn't been scanned in by them over there so the post office, even though they are showing it should be delivered today, is claiming they don't have it because it hasn't physically been scanned in over there. So basically the box is just sitting in some pile for days now and I'm not sure I will get it in time because of that. Just fabulous. I get my mail super late in the day so if I don't see it tomorrow I'm going to have to call Disney and see if I can get one at the resort because I don't trust it to make it here by Tuesday with the extra mail day off on Monday now.

And honestly, Disney definitely shares blame in this mess. They waited forever to ship these out which is totally on them because they should have known this was going to be a big seller and they were going to have a backlog of orders and then they ship with some obscure third party to the post office. Just pick one shipper so it can be tracked all the way through!

so, some stuff has been going on for us and it looked like we may have to cancel our September trip. we still may but it is up in the air atm.

DH has been having issue with his abdomen area The past 6 months or so.
he has been to his GP many times and she has put Him on Clearlax- December. He went for a CT in January 2022 and it was normal.

April the pain got worse again and she changed him to Miralax- she said it was fecal matter and she said she would schedule colonoscopy. She didnā€™t. But, he did get some relief and had BM twice a day, so DH was hoping that was the issue.

fast forward to 9/19 and DH is having pain in abdomen and his doctor could barely touch his stomach without him shouting in pain. She said it is a pinched nerve and gives him a steroid shot, antibiotics, and RX steroid.

on 9/24 the pain was so intense that he goes to the ER. They do a CT and the doctors say he has a large malignant Cancer mass where his appendix is ā€œsupposed to be. DH said where is my appendix then? DR and nurse said ā€œthatā€™s a good questionā€.

so now we went from excess fecal matter, to pinched nerve to Colon Cancerā€¦

admitted to the hospital on 9/25. He has the colonoscopy and they are hoping to get a biopsy of the mass and check to see if he has Crohns. They find one polyp but can not do a full procedure because the mass if blocking the appendix area/colon.
9/26 he has surgery and this DR also says ā€œcancerā€. He removed a portion of his colon and the fist size mass that includes his appendix. i ask the doctor if his appendix had ruptured and he said yes. He said he didnā€™t know long ago. i told the doctors in the ER that he didnā€™t have any of the common symptoms of colon cancer like blood in stool, tar like stool, etc. and I really felt like it was his appendix had ruptured and they said they would know that it was ruptured. even though the CT in January said it was normal. i know I am not a medical professional, but i donā€™t know why this didnā€™t show up sooner.

we wonā€™t know the pathology results until today or tomorrow. DH has to Pass gas, have a BM, and able to control pain with oral meds before he can go home. He has been walking with his IV pole since last night to try and hopefully get the gas moving. He is on antibiotics, morphine, Tylenol 1000mg, and oxycodone Q4 prn.
I know we are not out of the woods yet and something could show up on the pathology report, but my hope and belief is still that this is an anomaly and he is so very fortunate to have not suffered the effects of the burst appendix in the worse way.

DH is the one saying he is getting well before our schedule vacation in 4 weeks, but I would be ok selling the 6 night stay or trying to bank the points with MS.

He is sitting in the chair right now looking at the F&W appā€¦. sipping apple juice.

he is a strong active healthy 53 yo man except for this.

you guys keep posting your excitement and anticipation! And have amazing trips! The magic is still there and if we canā€™t make it this month, we will be back as soon as we can.

ā¤ļø
Update. My husband is having a little setback from the surgery, but there is amazing news! The fist sized mass they removed is not Cancer. The doctor called and told me that was not the results he was expecting , and he was about to go into surgery but wanted to call me and tell me the results.

Update. My husband is having a little setback from the surgery, but there is amazing news! The fist sized mass they removed is not Cancer. The doctor called and told me that was not the results he was expecting , and he was about to go into surgery but wanted to call me and tell me the results.
What a relief. So sorry to hear about your DH's setback, but no cancer is great news!

Amazing news!! So happy to hear that.

Ugh I'm seriously going to lose my patience. My magic band has tracked to the sorting facility two towns over as of Monday and it hasn't been scanned in by them over there so the post office, even though they are showing it should be delivered today, is claiming they don't have it because it hasn't physically been scanned in over there. So basically the box is just sitting in some pile for days now and I'm not sure I will get it in time because of that. Just fabulous. I get my mail super late in the day so if I don't see it tomorrow I'm going to have to call Disney and see if I can get one at the resort because I don't trust it to make it here by Tuesday with the extra mail day off on Monday now.

And honestly, Disney definitely shares blame in this mess. They waited forever to ship these out which is totally on them because they should have known this was going to be a big seller and they were going to have a backlog of orders and then they ship with some obscure third party to the post office. Just pick one shipper so it can be tracked all the way through!
Iā€™m crossing my fingers and my toes for you!!!!

Amazing news!! So happy for you both. Hope he gets past the little setback from surgery quickly!

I am happy to report that I will not be impacting anyone's vacations! That disturbance number 1 is going nowhere fast it seems and unlikely to develop into anything strong. I would say the next week at least will continue to be quiet.
View attachment 698855
I saw on my local news (Atlanta) last night that all 3 of those storms are expected to miss the US so weā€™re in the clear for now!

A week from tomorrow we will be flying out!! Its been a bit of a challenge getting everything organized for our parents to watch the kids for two weeks. BUT, I'm excited to finally celebrate our 10 year anniversary.
Oh how I feel you on this! Iā€™ve been planning this trip since August of last year - also for our 10-year wedding anniversary! Before I booked I confirmed with my parents that they could keep my kids. Come February my mom forgot and booked a trip of her own and then claimed I never discussed it with her! šŸ¤¬ Now I have her watching the kids before her trip, then my BFF is keeping them for a few days (luckily our kids go to the same school), and my parents will get back from Gatlinburg in time for school pickup on Thursday. Weā€™re at Disney Sat-Sat but my parents are only gone Mon-Thu. Itā€™s been stressful planning the kidsā€™ non-Disney vacation but at least DHā€™s and my actual Disney portion has been easy. Now Iā€™m trying to talk him into leaving tomorrow night and staying somewhere inexpensive in Orlando instead of leaving early Sat AM. Hopefully I can sway him! Itā€™s only a 6-hour drive so if we leave by 6PM we could easily be there by midnight and then sleep in. I prefer to not start the trip exhausted by leaving at 5-6AM on Sat and I also want to be there already!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter