***Official September 2022 Thread***

I am feeling verrrrrrry excited today :) I think my plans are done - though I always tend to find something to change but I'm pretty pleased with them. Trying to stay realistic on how much I can reasonably accomplish each day so I don't wear myself out at the beginning.

I'm also on hurricane watch and am a bit concerned that they keep saying they are still expecting the same number of storms as they were earlier in the year, despite nothing really happening in August. But, it is what it is and I've certainly done this dance before lol. I will get myself down there and really don't care if I have to stay longer lol.
Always good to be aware of potential storms. Are you going at the end of the month?

I'm also on hurricane watch and am a bit concerned that they keep saying they are still expecting the same number of storms as they were earlier in the year, despite nothing really happening in August. But, it is what it is and I've certainly done this dance before lol. I will get myself down there and really don't care if I have to stay longer lol.

Honestly I think they're doing a bit of hyping it just to make sure people understand to not be complacent. There's a system already in the warm Caribbean and its only showing a 20% chance of forming anything in the next 5 days. If it keeps its path right now its passing south of the islands for the most part and unless it explodes in the Gulf I'm expecting nothing from it. There's another one just south of Cabo Verde with the same % rating. Not saying that won't develop, cause you never say never, but with nothing else gaining steam out there yet it seems unlikely. A week ago they were saying the dry air was going to subside and things were going to pick up in the end of August. I will never get over just how much you can be wrong in that profession and still keep your job.

While everyone has been stressed about getting MagicBand+ shipments, I have been stressed about just ordering regular Magic Bands. The pre arrival selection has been very limited except random drops here and there. Has been tough to get our entire party to pick bands before they are sold out again. This morning I finally got them ordered!! Just got theme preferences from each person instead of trying to get in touch with everyone at 5:00 am to get their picks before they sold out again. We didn’t want the plus since we didn’t feel like the extra cost was justified with the limited features that our family would enjoy. Hopefully our bands don’t take as long as the plus do to ship. Booked the car service yesterday for airport pick up. So planning if officially DONE!!! Only 3 weeks to go.

So excited to be less than two weeks away! We weren’t supposed to be going back this year but found a great deal at ASMusic for Labor Day week and then just added on an additional two days at Poly for Sept 3-5 - it‘s my dream resort so we’re using it as a little honeymoon staycation haha. Definitely our new magicband+ wouldn’t arrive on time based on what I’ve been hearing, but I got the shipping notification on Friday!
:welcome: @dosekies to the September 2022 Group!!! Congratulations on your unexpected trip - so nice to get those discounts. We got a great discount this year too and were able to try the GF for the first time. We also love the Poly - we stayed there in 2020.🌴 Enjoy your honeymoon staycation there!!. 🥂 We will be going there to Ohanas which is our favorite restaurant at Disney. Glad you are also getting your magicbands too. Have a great trip and I will add you to the CountDown List and we will see you here for more Disney planning!!:donald:

Last edited:
See you there. My DH and I will probably do the same... do RoTR first thing and then head to Toy Story Land.
Awesome! We are meeting someone there so depending on when he gets there will determine when we ride RoTR. This is also a first trip for my other friend in several years so I am letting him set our touring plan. I'm going wit the flow on this one. :)

Go… with… what now? Did you mean to say overplan and happily obsess? Letting someone else… what? I can’t quite understand what you’re saying? 🤣
Hahaha!! I don’t mean it exactly those terms, but yeah. Something like that. 😂😂😂

On a bus currently with the conference group in the Miami area. Looking forward to arriving in Disney tomorrow afternoon! I’ve seen reports on the August thread about it feeling hotter than it normally does in late August and also rain and storms canceling fireworks. Hoping it won’t be too bad while we’re there and also kicking myself for losing the charging cable for my neck fan! I have the fan with me so maybe I can find the correct usb cable here somewhere or maybe someone left one behind and the front desk can lend it to me… that one is a long shot I know! 😂

I had big plans today to do all the laundry and pack all the bags… instead my youngest DD and I spent most of the day setting up a tadpole habitat and we all went to the pool 😂🤦🏻‍♀️ SO… wish me luck with a late night of laundry for me!

Tomorrow we have Girl Scouts, get ready for first day of school and maybe squeeze in a last swim at our local pool with friends. Then back school madness every night until we’re on the plane!

This is my last lazy summer day and I loved it. But now I really need to get my butt in gear and get us ready for this trip!

I pulled out our MBs today. Last time they've seen the light of day was in 2018. I was surprised to see that they look very faded and dull (especially the red and black ones), even after being in a closed box. Does anyone know of any way to clean and/or "freshen" them up?

I pulled out our MBs today. Last time they've seen the light of day was in 2018. I was surprised to see that they look very faded and dull (especially the red and black ones), even after being in a closed box. Does anyone know of any way to clean and/or "freshen" them up?

I wouldn't submerge in water, maybe just a little dish soap on a damp microfiber?

They’re waterproof so you can wash them in warm soapy water and gently use a soft sponge to wipe away dust, etc. Then just rinse and dry.

Staying at the Riviera 7th - 20th of September!
I’ve been reading this thread for a while and stalking the NHC site - flying from the U.K. and travelling in September for the first time! Hoping Danielle’s storm forms and goes before we go, or that it holds off until after we have arrived!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter