***Official September 2022 Thread***

Add me to the list please! We will be there September 6th - 13th at Pop. It will be me, my BFF of 40+ years, my daughter and her BFF! My birthday is on the 7th and my BFF's is 2 weeks prior to our visit so we are celebrating together! By the time September rolls around it will be 7 years since my last visit...with one planned in 2016 that got cancelled with less than 30 days to go when I was diagnosed with cancer! Lots to celebrate on this trip! Looking forward to the planning! 201 days to go!

Its funny you say this because I was at POP for my January trip and I'm so happy I'm going to be at POFQ for my September trip. While I liked the room itself at POP and the convenience of the skyliner, I found myself completely unimpressed otherwise and I'm looking forward to a much quieter environment of FQ as well as the much smaller size.
I have stayed at POFQ more times than any other resort - I think of it as "home" - for the reasons you mention. I was at POP Sept '21 only because POFQ was closed.

I hope the transportation gets better - when I was there in December it had only been open about 5 weeks - because it was terrible. And the food choices weren't unique anymore. You get pretty much what is offered at other resorts including the values. I missed the biscuits and gravy they used to serve at breakfast and the fried chicken and greens for dinner. But the pot roast and green beans were great! I hope that it gets better because POFQ is such a great resort.

Hi everyone! Tentatively planning a trip for Sept 23-Oct 2. We haven't been since the same week in 2019 due to the pandemic. I remember being so anxious about hurricane season last time! Hoping that it all works out.
Will be deciding where to book over the coming week, and then I can start stalking airfare and rental cars!
Hi @okw19!!!! and Welcome :smickey: in to our September 2022 Group. 🏰 Sounds like a great trip in the making. I know my family has escaped a couple of hurricanes in our past trips at Disney. Most of the time it was a week or two after we had completed our trip. 😌 I will add you to the countdown list and when you have decided on the resort I will add that also. Will "see" you soon here on our Group!!!!

I have stayed at POFQ more times than any other resort - I think of it as "home" - for the reasons you mention. I was at POP Sept '21 only because POFQ was closed.

I hope the transportation gets better - when I was there in December it had only been open about 5 weeks - because it was terrible. And the food choices weren't unique anymore. You get pretty much what is offered at other resorts including the values. I missed the biscuits and gravy they used to serve at breakfast and the fried chicken and greens for dinner. But the pot roast and green beans were great! I hope that it gets better because POFQ is such a great resort.

I did notice the menus at the resorts all seem the same these days. That's such a shame that what makes each resort special in its own way is slowly starting to fade either with food options or as redesigns happen at resorts they take away the "culture" and paste on Disney. I know that's where I and and what I'm there for, but when its so in your face it doesn't seem as fun.

I'm hoping as you say the bus transportation improves. I found it pretty good in January. (I was genuinely shocked some mornings when I arrived at the bus stop to find 2-3 busses lined up for just one park so that there was no waiting around, same for at night when leaving.) I wonder if some of the ME drivers have transferred over to internal transportation as a way to have more available drivers and busses and reduce waits.

Add me to the list please! We will be there September 6th - 13th at Pop. It will be me, my BFF of 40+ years, my daughter and her BFF! My birthday is on the 7th and my BFF's is 2 weeks prior to our visit so we are celebrating together! By the time September rolls around it will be 7 years since my last visit...with one planned in 2016 that got cancelled with less than 30 days to go when I was diagnosed with cancer! Lots to celebrate on this trip! Looking forward to the planning! 201 days to go!
Welcome to the September 2022 Group @#1Disfann!!!! So Glad you joined us!! What a great celebration your group is going to have :bday:!!!!! And lots more to celebrate on your upcoming trip :cheer2: It sounds like such a magical trip with everything you have been through. Pop Century is such a great resort to have that celebration at, nice pool, skyliner, skyliner and I love the skyliner! (lol) We look forward to you planning here in the days to come. I will add you to our homepage countdown list!

Officially booked! We are part Aug/part Sep (Sat 08/27-Sun 09/04) at Pop in a preferred. It will be me, my son (9), my best friend and her daughter who is turning 5 on the trip :)
:welcome: to the September 2022 Group @KT0191 !!!! We are glad you joined us!!! Such a fun trip you have planned with the 9 :earsboy: and 5 :earsgirl: year olds. Seeing Disney through the eyes of children is one of the best experiences ever. Pop Century is very popular for our September Group here. You staying in Preferred is extra special..........It is such a nice resort with all it has to offer. We stayed there one night in 2020 prior to our Poly reservation and me and my husband loved it there. The food was really good at the food court. I will add you to our Countdown list and look forward to planning with you as we countdown our September trips. :tink:

Hi Everyone. We have a trip planned but it's still up in the air if it will actually happen.
When are we going? Sept 4-6 POFQ and 6-10 at AKL
Who's going? Wife and myself, and we are bringing our son's family. Son has been many times, but daughter in law and granddaughter have never been. Granddaughter's birthday is a couple weeks after we go so it will be great for her to celebrate while in Disney. Daughter in law's favorite holiday is Halloween and we have never been during the Halloween season at Disney. And lastly, since we are DVC we got them a savanna view room at AKL for their stay.
Always great to experience new things at Disney, even if you've been many times.
Hi @ GoofyCdn!!!! Welcome in to the September 2022 Group!!! :goofy: Sounds like a Celebration for lots of reasons for your family!!! 🎂 and 🎃 A spilt stay at two wonderful resorts sounds like a magical trip. Port Orleans French Quarter is small, fun and very accessible and then Animal Kingdom Lodge with Savanna View is just the best with the views. Your family has lots to plan for and we are glad you joined us. Maybe a Halloween Party ?? We all hope it will happen and I will add you to our countdown list. :simba: 🦒🦁🐯🦏🐘🦓🦍

I know this far out it’s all speculation… but just for fun, what do we think will happen with the Halloween party?

I’m wondering whether they bring it back at all, if they’ll keep the prices as high as the boo bash, and how this will interact with extended evening hours?

If they bring the parties back on the same nights as 2019, that will conflict with the current Wednesday MK EE… will they pick another MK night? Do less parties? Rethink the parties altogether for something they can keep charging more for?

I know this far out it’s all speculation… but just for fun, what do we think will happen with the Halloween party?

I’m wondering whether they bring it back at all, if they’ll keep the prices as high as the boo bash, and how this will interact with extended evening hours?

If they bring the parties back on the same nights as 2019, that will conflict with the current Wednesday MK EE… will they pick another MK night? Do less parties? Rethink the parties altogether for something they can keep charging more for?

I have a feeling they will make it more like the Very Merriest After Hours and less like MNSSHP or BB. You'll see a return of the parade and fireworks, have included and extra price treats, trick or treating, and access to rides and photo opportunities. And I expect a significant increase in price over the Boo Bash tickets. There's no way they won't increase if they add the parade and fireworks back. BB consistently sold out last year which I don't think the VMAH did, probably because of both price points for that and less demand. I think there's more of a market for Halloween and travel during that time of year, so some kind of event will definitely happen. If Disney can charge more, they will.

If memory serves most parties were held on Sunday, Tuesday, and Friday so it wouldn't interfere with EE. That said it wouldn't surprise me to see more parties added because of the demand and because an after hours ticketed event is far more profitable than the extended hours are.

Last edited:
Oooh good points. I wonder if EE would be better for the first timers in my party than a Halloween AH event then if it’s less crowded.

Touring Plans just released their first projections for Sept. Most days are now 2 with weekends at 3.

Oooh good points. I wonder if EE would be better for the first timers in my party than a Halloween AH event then if it’s less crowded.

I mean we don't know the schedule yet, but I would say if there's a Halloween AH at MK the same night as an EE at another park, its a safe bet that it would be really low crowds at the EE. Considering EE is only available to on site deluxe resorts its far less available than an AH is.

Touring Plans just released their first projections for Sept. Most days are now 2 with weekends at 3.

I got an email over the weekend with updates to my tracked days. Looks a little higher, hopefully nowhere near what January was.

We finally booked! 9/17-9/24 at SSR. So excited to finally have a trip planned.
we’ll be there for our 10th wedding anniversary and my daughters birthday :)
Happy to joint the group!!
Welcome to the September 2022 Group @Minnie's House!!!! :welcome: Wonderful celebrations :cake: for you and your family on your trip. Disney World celebrations are extra special there!! Now I hear Guardians of the Galaxy is opening in May and we can all enjoy on our September trips:yay: I will add you to our countdown list and look forward to planning with you. We are Happy you joinedpooh:

I got an email over the weekend with updates to my tracked days. Looks a little higher, hopefully nowhere near what January was.
I suspect Sept will be crazy busy this year. The first week of December - usually a slow time - was stupid crowded. TP crowd levels were typical - some 3's, a few 4's and a 6 and 7 on the weekends - but because of staffing (I assume) the lines were long everywhere. MK on a "3" day the line for People Mover was 45 minutes - most of the day. I never got near the 120 minutes Jungle Cruise line.

And with no mask mandates and all entertainment back up folks who have put off trips for two plus years will flock to WDW in September.

But I'm still excited to go. Looks like I'll have a couple of old friends join me for part of the trip.

We seem to always straddle months! Can't wait for one of our favorite split stay combinations.
8/28 - 8/31 BLT
8/31- 9/6

I suspect Sept will be crazy busy this year. The first week of December - usually a slow time - was stupid crowded. TP crowd levels were typical - some 3's, a few 4's and a 6 and 7 on the weekends - but because of staffing (I assume) the lines were long everywhere. MK on a "3" day the line for People Mover was 45 minutes - most of the day. I never got near the 120 minutes Jungle Cruise line.

And with no mask mandates and all entertainment back up folks who have put off trips for two plus years will flock to WDW in September.

But I'm still excited to go. Looks like I'll have a couple of old friends join me for part of the trip.
[/QUOTE]
Hi @StageTek If you think its going to be crazy busy then I am a little worried........... Any predictions you might think on crowd levels? such as 3, 4, 5 or beyond ? I will be there the first part of September. Thanks for any insight.

We seem to always straddle months! Can't wait for one of our favorite split stay combinations.
8/28 - 8/31 BLT
8/31- 9/6
Hi and Welcome in @rlk to the September 2022 Group!! :mickeyjum I will add you to our Countdown List. Where is your 2nd stay? Congrats on your spilt stay at Bay Lake Towers for the first part of your trip. Let me know and I will add your 2nd resort. Look forward to planning with you as we count down to August/September!!:smickey:

Reactions: rlk
Hi and Welcome in @rlk to the September 2022 Group!! :mickeyjum I will add you to our Countdown List. Where is your 2nd stay? Congrats on your spilt stay at Bay Lake Towers for the first part of your trip. Let me know and I will add your 2nd resort. Look forward to planning with you as we count down to August/September!!:smickey:

Oops! I forgot to add that we will be staying at BWV 8/31 - 9/6

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter