• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official September 2017 Disneyland Check In!

I booked a hard-to-get 2 bedroom kids suite at Hojo (one room has a king plus a bathroom and the other room has a set of bunks plus another bathroom) for Sept 12-16th and I am about to cancel it, just so anyone here knows who may want it!

Are you cancelling all together? Or did you simply go with another hotel?

I'll add myself- we only decided last week on a spur of the moment trip. We will be in the Desert Inn and Suites Aug. 31-Sept. 11. Will be going to DL 5 of those days- probably after Labor Day! We are excited to be back at Disneyland!

Going September 20-25! My 9 y.o.'s 7th trip to DL but only my 4 y.o.'s 2nd trip to DL. Looking forward to it after skipping 2016.

Splitting our time at Candy Cane Inn & Park Vue Inn. We've been to Candy Cane Inn once before but this will be our first time at the Park Vue Inn. Instead of staying at on-site hotel, we'll spend that money on more events (Halloween party, event dinner packages, character dining, etc.).

Hopefully the Canadian dollar will be stronger then :)

My family was planning on staying at the Hyatt House mid-Sept, but we moved our trip to January.

Coming 9/24-9/30! First time visiting during Halloween time. Booked BB Fantasmic pkg for Sunday 9/24 and Halloween party on Mon 9/25. Bringing my parents this time so we're also splurging on WOC dessert party. Can't wait!

My FIRST VISIT will be August 31-September 4th. Not an ideal time of year ( but only choice) to go for a first visit, but hey, I'LL BE IN DISNEYLAND!

I'm bummed out but we have had to cancel our trip. My husband got a new job (positive news) but they are not allowing him to take vacation for the first 2 months. This sucks as we now have to pay a cancelation fee on our flights (already booked). Oh well, it was black hole week so hoping we can go again!

We will be there Sept 1-4 and have a reservation at PPH and the Tropicana. Celebrating my wife's b-day a bit late due to school starting in AZ on August 3rd. The Trop is $674 cheaper than the PPH...so we will likely decide on the Trop as we will be in WDW for a week at the Poly in October... We have the F! Blue Bayou package for the 2nd and WOC Dessert party for the 3rd so saving nearly $700 on the room is a good idea I think.

Mike

In exactly one month, we'll be going from LAX in a car to Disneyland! Unless there's a delay or cancellation, but I'm going to be positive. It's really starting to hit me today!
party:

we'll be there the 13, 14, and 15th, celebrating my daughter's 9th birthday on the 15th! Staying at the Hyatt House. The kids don't know we're going, so I am more excited about this trip than previous trips, we'll tell them on the way to the airport. My mom is coming too and hasn't been since the '50s.

I guess this is "black hole week" and we were originally flying in the 13th and only doing parks on the 14th and 15th... until I saw the hours on the 14th. Then we decided we'd go the 13th after we fly in and the 15th, and I just decided to do all 3 days. I'm hoping even with the crappy hours, we'll have fun. I was a bit annoyed that DL puts their hours out so late, as we had everything booked before we saw the limited hours and entertainment. It stings a bit to pay full price for 5 people when it seems like so little is offered compared to now. This is not pocket change for us at all.

Last edited:
We'll be there Sept 9-16, staying at the Grand Californian. It's just DH and I. It's been about 5 years since we've been, so we're excited!

I just bought flights to pop down for the weekend! September 29th-October 2nd. We won't be doing a party this year, as this is a budget trip. We loved it last year though! I can't wait to see the new halloween stuff in DCA!

This trip was brought on by a dream I had yesterday! I was dreaming about trying to get to the parks, and I kept getting lost. I was so frustrated, because I knew it was close, but I couldn't get there. I woke up with that feeling stuck in my head. So I looked up different flights and found the cheapest combination of dates. Joked with DH that I could go for under a certain amount (knowing I have a big trip in January), and he said go for it! Then I called into work this morning and got the time off approved. So crazy lol I'm on a Disney high right now!

Originally my west coast trip was going to be San Francisco and LA. SF was firmed up but LA was proving to be more of a challenge- so a flight change (hotels change, and rental car change) now results in 3 days in DL!

So excited.

Staying at the Tropicana Sept 24 thru 27th!

Can't wait!!

Chiming in last minute here! Mother and I will be hitting the parks the 7th and 8th to celebrate our birthdays.:bday: Mine being the 8th and kicking it off with a character breakfast at Minnie and Friends::MinnieMo, and Mom's being the 14th.

We fly in the morning of the 6th on United (I'm a flight attendant, so free flights, yay) from DFW to LAX. Renting a car and staying at Quality Inn at Anaheim Resort till the 10th. Two days at the parks and a free/relax day at Newport Beach:sunny:.

We are so excited, even though my two favorite rides will be down, we plan to make the best of it and hope that some extra pixie dust :tinker:will be thrown in!!!

Last edited:
We just made plans to go to Disneyland on September 30! We'll be staying at the Holiday Inn Anaheim.
We'll only be there one day, but we are on a once in a lifetime trip out west and have to stop by and see Walt's Disney.

Family trip Sept 23-30!! I am so excited as it's still a surprise for my 8 year old and it's his first Disney trip. Staying at the Desert Palms, and purchased 5 day park hoppers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter