• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official September 2017 Disneyland Check In!

First trip to DLR, going 17-21 (21 being an all-travel day). Staying at Hyatt House. Just me and DH. Not really celebrating on this trip per se, but it falls on the 10 year anniversary of our first date.

Edit: Changed hotel.

Last edited:

I will either be there 9/9-9/10 or 9/16-9/17. I will be staying at Desert Palms or Grand Legacy.

We will be there 9/22 to 10/1 staying in a studio at VGC. Bought AP's so we plan to return twice next year too. Planning on going to Universal Halloween horror nights, a day at the beach, and the Queen Mary

Is anyone else running on the DL half marathon weekend? :) (End of August to Sept 4)

1 - 3 September for me, running the 10K and the Half Marathon :)

Our dates are the exact same - and also running the 1/2! And the 5K on Friday with our kids. DD was also born in 2003, so must be about the same age as yours.

I'll be there for the same reasons--running the Double Dare. I realized that two runs=four medals (I love running bling!)

I'll be there Sept 1-5 so as to have a day to play afterwards. I've got enough Marriott points for a free stay, so I booked rooms at both Courtyards--one is right there, the other a little further away. It's me and my best friend--leaving the kiddos at home. The Courtyard at the entrance looked like it was so kid oriented, I thought we might like having the kitchen of the one closer to the convention center. Better hottub and has a kitchenette in the room.

Would welcome input on where to stay. Also--what costumes (if any) are folks wearing??

My wife and I will be in DL from Sept. 8-14. We are East Coasters who have gone to WDW a lot over the past few years. This will be our second trip to DL since we got married 4 years ago. Staying at the Courtyard at Convention center and bought it through the DL package with 5 day park hopper. DL is all that we're doing and it looks like the parks will be very light attendance during the week and even the weekend. Very excited for that.

Our first trip to Disneyland! DH and I are staying an the Grand Californian Villas from September 5th to the 14th!

TAG TEAM. We're staying at VGC from Sept 14 till Sept 20. It'll be our 3rd Disneyland trip.

Looking forward to it! Just waiting on information regarding Fantasmic, the night parade (hopefully PTN comes back, we loved it last time) and Halloween for our dates.

I'll be there with a friend September 8th and 9th! Not sure where we're staying yet.

Edit: We're staying at the Red Lion. Anyone have anything good to say about it? I've seen mixed reviews but we needed something cheap.

Last edited:
Hello! We are planning our next trip for September 9-14, can't wait to see Fantasmic!

I am hoping to see some off-season crowd levels (we have done summer and spring break, both crowded) this time around. Not holding my breath though!

This will be our first trip where we get to spend so much time in the parks (4 1/2 days). I'm looking forward to being able to go at a slower pace, and seeing more shows and entertainment.

In regards to our dates, does anyone know if the overlays for Haunted Mansion and Space Mtn are usually done before the 14th? My daughter loves Nightmare Before Christmas and I'm hoping we don't miss it.

Hello! We are planning our next trip for September 9-14, can't wait to see Fantasmic!

I am hoping to see some off-season crowd levels (we have done summer and spring break, both crowded) this time around. Not holding my breath though!

This will be our first trip where we get to spend so much time in the parks (4 1/2 days). I'm looking forward to being able to go at a slower pace, and seeing more shows and entertainment.

In regards to our dates, does anyone know if the overlays for Haunted Mansion and Space Mtn are usually done before the 14th? My daughter loves Nightmare Before Christmas and I'm hoping we don't miss it.

My wife and I are going the same time. Don't go to DL often, but from my research it usually starts the second Friday In September, which would be the 8th!

We are booked at the Tropicana 8/30 - 9/4. Running 1/2 Marathon Challenge and the 5k.

September 17-23, Disneyland Hotel for me, DH, and 24 year old DS! My second visit, their first. And my 25th wedding anniversary just happens to occur while we're there. How do I plan to celebrate? By getting DH and DS onto Mickey's Fun Wheel!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter