Official Poly construction update thread **updated video page 103(2/17/15)**

Now I see the quiet pool will be under construction from April until the end of September? We just booked our first Poly stay for Sept 8-18. How much of a mess will this be and should it affect my room request?

I'm also probably in the minority when I say I really like the open fresh look of the new lobby. I never really cared for the old waterfall.

Now I see the quiet pool will be under construction from April until the end of September? We just booked our first Poly stay for Sept 8-18. How much of a mess will this be and should it affect my room request?

I'd like to know about the quiet pool too, we're looking at booking the Poly for late September through early October, so I'll be keeping an eye out for any updates :thumbsup2

I thought the East pool construction wasn't going to start until the main pool was finished in August? :confused3

I thought the East pool construction wasn't going to start until the main pool was finished in August? :confused3

Has the completion date on the main pool been pushed back to August? I thought it was supposed to be done in the spring? :confused3 (I haven't been around the thread for a while)

Wow the new lobby turned out really pretty! I can't wait until the tiki is added! And those lights are awesome! I am even more pumped for our September stay!!! :cool1:

I'm also probably in the minority when I say I really like the open fresh look of the new lobby. I never really cared for the old waterfall.

I really like it too. I know there has been a lot of complaints about taking the large waterfall out. While I liked the tropical feel of it, it definitely looked like a beast to repair (my DH loves making fountains and he always said that). The mold that could collect in all of those pockets…yuck! The new look is light and open with lots of room to hang out. I'm so excited it's open for our trip!

I know what the lobby needs. Has anyone ever been to Pat O'Brien's in NO? In the courtyard they have a fire and water fountain. Remove that pile of rocks and add a big fire and water element. Put the tiki on top and we're good to go! Other than the rock pile I think everything else looks nice.

Has the completion date on the main pool been pushed back to August? I thought it was supposed to be done in the spring? :confused3 (I haven't been around the thread for a while)

I've been keeping an eye on whatever I see about this, since I have a trip planned in August and the main pool fits my family better (I really CANNOT see us in a quiet pool :rotfl:).

From what I've read, even though the pool was supposed to be done around March, the best guesses (Tikiman pages and his Facebook page) put it somewhere in April/May. Of course, nobody knows for sure, but I really hope that's the case! It's my first trip to the Poly and I am way too excited for this far out!!

I've been keeping an eye on whatever I see about this, since I have a trip planned in August and the main pool fits my family better (I really CANNOT see us in a quiet pool :rotfl:).

From what I've read, even though the pool was supposed to be done around March, the best guesses (Tikiman pages and his Facebook page) put it somewhere in April/May. Of course, nobody knows for sure, but I really hope that's the case! It's my first trip to the Poly and I am way too excited for this far out!!

The Poly is our favorite resort and we are so excited to be going back. While we know the pool won't be done by mid-March, since it was the original timeline we are hoping we get pixie-dusted and they pull it out of the bag. Totally wishful thinking, but a girl can dream! :rotfl:

I'm hopeful that they wouldn't start quiet pool until volcano is done, so if they are saying April for quiet, hopefully that is a good indicator for the volcano being done April, May at the latest!!!

uhgg, more construction.
Another year I won't be at the Poly. I scrapped the Poly from my trip earlier this year in favor of the YC. I really missed being on the monorail. But when I stopped by the Poly and saw the mess, I was glad I changed.
I get things need to be refurbished. I just wish WDW would figure out a way to do it quicker and stay on schedule so people can plan.
For what it's worth, the WDW site still says the Volcano Pool and lobby will be completed in "early 2015."

I can't believe it, but after seeing the new lobby in person today I have to say I LOVE IT! I think it's because it's so open and airy. The light fixtures are beautiful. I was so sure I'd miss the fountain but I don't. I'll post pictures when I get the chance. Aloha!

uhgg, more construction.
Another year I won't be at the Poly. I scrapped the Poly from my trip earlier this year in favor of the YC. I really missed being on the monorail. But when I stopped by the Poly and saw the mess, I was glad I changed.
I get things need to be refurbished. I just wish WDW would figure out a way to do it quicker and stay on schedule so people can plan.
For what it's worth, the WDW site still says the Volcano Pool and lobby will be completed in "early 2015."

They stayed on schedule for the lobby…I've been paying close attention since we will be there in a month. They said all along that the lobby should be completed by the end of 2014 and it was. I'm sure the Volcano pool will be the same. They are working hard to update the resort…I'm not sure how they could complete massive projects like this much quicker.

They stayed on schedule for the lobby…I've been paying close attention since we will be there in a month. They said all along that the lobby should be completed by the end of 2014 and it was. I'm sure the Volcano pool will be the same. They are working hard to update the resort…I'm not sure how they could complete massive projects like this much quicker.

My recollection is that the Volcano pool was originally supposed to be completed in summer 2014. And it's still not completed. People plan their vacations around these construction schedules. The least they could do is be accurate.

I thought I read that. August. We have a stay booked for August 2015. Was supposed to stay last August but switched to GF because of pool closure. So hope it will be open this August :rolleyes:

My recollection is that the Volcano pool was originally supposed to be completed in summer 2014. And it's still not completed. People plan their vacations around these construction schedules. The least they could do is be accurate.

I'm not sure where you got your info but the pool didn't CLOSE until the summer 2014. I can't imagine anyone thought it would be finished in 1-2 months. I follow Tikiman and here's what he said when it originally closed:
http://www.tikimanpages.com/poly/news/item/213-pool-closure

I'd like to know about the quiet pool too, we're looking at booking the Poly for late September through early October, so I'll be keeping an eye out for any updates :thumbsup2
I'm following your trip report from last year and it would be cool to actually see you here! Like seeing a celebrity! We just booked our plane tickets last night and will be at the Poly from 9/22-9/27. Woooo!

Was just on Tikimans FB page, and says there May?

Thanks for clarifying that Tikiman. Yes view destruction is subjective. And the above drawing doesn't quite capture the location of the bungalows exactly..from my observation recently on site.. the drawing above shows the huts too far to the club level lounge area.. they are not that far west.. which the graphic suggests…

I guess what I'm trying to say is that from the ferry to Tahiti, to across sunset point, to in front of Tokelo and right up to the west of Hawaii they basically did in fact in my opinion hack the view by and large…they stopped with the bungaloization
about a quater in front of east Hawaii…somebody in charge musta said "enough already"!! And so you can still be on the beach in front of much of Hawaaii and the main pool area and see the castle etc. fine. Just want people to know that they can still enjoy those perks from CL except the ground floor... now garden category.
As always thanks to Tikiman for getting all this info out to us…otherwise we'd pretty much be in the dark as to the progress and details of construction, plans, renderings and future transformation still in the works.
Tim

This is our favorite place to watch Wishes (from the Poly Beach) - by the walkway so we can hear the music being piped in. Is this still possible?

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter