• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like the 7am resort bus is a bad idea? My DH and DD20 ride FoP last night during EMH. She says it's the best ride she has ever been on and is trying to ride it again tonight. It made DH very motion sick (not really a surprise since he has a hard time with simulation rides) so I'm glad I didn't try it. Oh and the land is beautiful both during the day and at night. We didn't plan this trip around Pandora (in fact I didn't realize it was opening this week until after I booked) but it's really great that we get to see it all. We also ride NRJ today and really enjoyed it!

@AngiTN I want to say thank you for 2 things - you are not even aware of...
1) I was one of the people who ended up with 2 Pandora FP+ due to the glitch when they first launched. I was worried one would get canceled but you posted that it happened to you once and all was fine
Then 2) We decided to hit Pandora on this past Sunday (it was a planned trip and that day was our last day and was open to hit whatever we wanted to go back to - and then Pandora happened) any way - we heard many horror stories about waits to get into Pandora on Sat from cast members so we were debating even attempting it. But then Sat night I read your post about your experience that day - and so I said that is it - let's try!

And it was a smashing success :worship:
Both FP+ worked - we did wait about 30-45mins with FP+ for FOP - but wow! And wait for the NRJ was only about 3 mins! We waited about 5 mins to get into the store and DD brought a Banshee home!

We even got to experience the drinks of Pandora!

The land was amazing! Crowds were manageable with FP+ and I am so thankful for the DIS and that I did not listen to the cast members at the resort!

Sounds like the 7am resort bus is a bad idea? My DH and DD20 ride FoP last night during EMH. She says it's the best ride she has ever been on and is trying to ride it again tonight. It made DH very motion sick (not really a surprise since he has a hard time with simulation rides) so I'm glad I didn't try it. Oh and the land is beautiful both during the day and at night. We didn't plan this trip around Pandora (in fact I didn't realize it was opening this week until after I booked) but it's really great that we get to see it all. We also ride NRJ today and really enjoyed it!
If you can catch an earlier bus, it may serve you well.

Flight of Passage is a wonderful experience and well worth an earlier start if you do not have a FP+!

Enjoy! :)

I did feel a bit of motion sickness on FoP. Won't stop me from riding it again but I don't think I'd want to do multiple rides back to back even if I could.

Since it was so early did you have to make your request for an Uber the night before or just when you were ready to leave? I have never used Uber but plan on it this trip.
Just walked out the hotel and requested in on the spot. It took 2 minutes literally.

:wizard:

After reading the latest on the crazy crowds with the opening of Pandora, I am wondering how the rest of AK is. Is the whole park crazy busy as well? We are arriving this weekend and planning for a half day at AK next week. Now I am wondering if it is even worth it to try. Any thoughts? Thanks!
On Saturday and Sunday, pretty much. But still manageable. i would do it again. :)

Can you leave DH behind and meet up with him later?
It is on the table as a possibility for certain.

As of 11:10 EST on MDE

FoP is at 60 minutes

NRJ is at 30 minutes

It is also storming in the area which may have made people head out.
Gosh darn it. We were at Disney Springs eating dinner and DH said, we should head to AK but I am beat and DGD was too so I said no, lets get to the room. Plus we got pretty wet walking to the bus stop. I told him he was right and we should have headed over there. Though I am glad to be dry and in bed vs. working my way back to the room.

I have a FoP FP+ for 9:30pm. I plan to arrive at AK around 9:00pm (via the express bus skipping the front gate) use the "People who have FP's" line to enter Pandora, wander around Pandora until 10:15pm'ish (just before my FP window closes) and then ride. Any major flaws in that plan based on what people are experiencing?
That plan seems like a good one to me.

I was wondering if FoP is more like Soarin or StarTours. My DH gets queasy on simulator rides like ST so he avoids them but his favorite ride ever is Soarin. He has no problem with multiple rides on Soarin. For those that have been on FoP, would you say it's closer to ST or Soarin? Thanks!

See my post below...

If I had to give an answer I would say it is slightly more like Soarin than ST.

As far as FOP is concerned, today was our second ride and we were able to take it in better than yesterday. I will have to say it is now my favorite ride at WDW.

However, here is something to note FWIW. When I ride ST I am relieved when it is over because I start to feel a little queasy. When I ride Soarin I am always sad when it is over and wish it could go on for another 5-10 minutes. Zero queasiness. At the end of FOP I found I was relieved more like ST and not like Soarin. I felt a tiny bit of queasiness on FOP - nothing like ST but enough to make me feel "OK, I am ready for this to be over". For that reason FOP is not a slam dunk, way, way better ride for me than my other WDW favorites which are EE and RnR. As others have said, FOP IS intense at times. But it does rise to the level of my new favorite.

Help with no fastpasses. AP holder staying offsite and unable to get FP for Pandora. Heading to AK on Friday (non morning EMH day) when park opens at 8. Unsure as to when we should get there. Was thinking 6am. I have read through a ton of these threads and could not find many that did not have a FP so I am having a hard time figuring out a strategy. Have they been letting people in earlier than opening time? If we were to get there at 6am when they "open" at 8 do you think we could do both rides in Pandora in 3 hours? Thanks in advance! I really appreciate it!
I think 6 is way early. It will be hot too to stand outside the gates for 2 hours. Someone just posted that they do open the gates a little early from time to time. I'm assuming they probably open them at 7:30 or so if it is scheduled to open at 8. I'm planning on getting there at 7:30 unless others tell me that is too late.
Hard one but I would lean towards a 7AM arrival. I agree 6AM is too early. I think 7AM vs 7:30AM depends on the person and their priorities and patience.

At 6000 posts, even thread search can't help me.

How long are the two FoP pre-ride videos? Were they about 9 minutes each, or about 9 minutes for the two of them? And they're in two different rooms, correct?

From the standby entrance, the walk to the pre-show is about 8 minutes if we don't stop. (No YouTube links, please, I'm waiting.)

I'm trying to get a handle on how long the process is if I manage to enter early enough to have no delays. We plan to take our time through the queue, but that I can figure myself. (And yes, we plan to just wave past us those who are focused on the end game.)
Each video was in a different room and I would guess they are 2 minutes each.

At 6000 posts, even thread search can't help me.

How long are the two FoP pre-ride videos? Were they about 9 minutes each, or about 9 minutes for the two of them? And they're in two different rooms, correct?

From the standby entrance, the walk to the pre-show is about 8 minutes if we don't stop. (No YouTube links, please, I'm waiting.)

I'm trying to get a handle on how long the process is if I manage to enter early enough to have no delays. We plan to take our time through the queue, but that I can figure myself. (And yes, we plan to just wave past us those who are focused on the end game.)
We were the very first to ride. Took 20 mins from entering the land to exiting outside. Had both videos and the ride had a very slight delay while seated waiting to start.

Recap of Extra Magic Hours at Pandora. (Tuesday Night)

Had fastpasses for 9:15 Rivers of Light . This show was cancelled due to thunderstorm and heavy rain. I sheltered at Flights of Wonder. I stayed there for about an hour. There were several cast members there who were doing a good Jon entertaining the kids with games like charades.

When the rain slowed down to a drizzle, I left and went to ride Dinosaur. I got right on.

I headed over to Pandora for EMH. I got there and went to FoP which was closed, but noticed that the line was stretching back so I followed it. I got in line at 10:40 near the restrooms at the entrance to Pandora. Soon the ride reopened and a cheer went up. The line started moving and I was able to complete the ride in 55 minutes. 55 minutes is almost perfect, because the line is part of the ride.

They do scan magic bands to see if you are staying onsite. I saw them turn away a party including a wheelchair that was staying in one of the on-site but non-Disney hotels.

Now it was 11:55 and I could have gotten right on FoP again. This time there was no line outside the entrance. I decided instead to ride the NRJ again with only a 15 minute wait. When that was over it was about 12:40. I got back in line for FoP. This time it took about an hour. I left the park at 2:15 and immediately caught a bus back to Kidani Village.
The EMH were great tonight. I think the heavy rains must have kept some people away. Only Pandora was open for EMH, not EE or other rides.
Let me just say that FoP is an amazing ride. I was smiling the whole way through it. It really does feel like something new. The last time I was this impressed with a ride was when Haunted Mansion first opened (dating myself). Yes, there was a time when Haunted Mansion was cutting edge.
And Pandora at night is magical!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter