• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm wondering about straight walking time. Not that I expect it to happen, but just to get a good feel for the actual length.
Since I want to really examine the queue, I actually don't want to have a free shot straight through.
It will be interesting to see how much things slow down by mid-to-late September.

I recorded the queue on my preview day. 8.5 min straight walk from when you enter the line to when you meet a cm and they direct you what line to go in prior to going in the room to see the videos.

So what time have they been opening the park this week? As in letting people scan in the gates? Before 8? Trying to figure out what time we should aim to get there in the morning

With Pandora opening rope drop hasn't been exactly the same. There also is no more welcome show. They've opened the gates early and then formed a line for entry into Pandora. Things have been changing every day tho.

so there's a line to just get into pandora?
hmmm...
so they're doing a rolling opening of the gates and then you walk to the various entrance areas?

so they start letting people into AK at some point before 9 am...
and let people walk up to each 'land' to wait for 9 am 'rope drop"?

so then is there a mad dash for FoP and NRJ?

so there's a line to just get into pandora?
hmmm...
so they're doing a rolling opening of the gates and then you walk to the various entrance areas?

so they start letting people into AK at some point before 9 am...
and let people walk up to each 'land' to wait for 9 am 'rope drop"?

so then is there a mad dash for FoP and NRJ?
Right now they open at 8 and there in controlled access to Pandora. Entry to test of AK is normal

So what time have they been opening the park this week? As in letting people scan in the gates? Before 8? Trying to figure out what time we should aim to get there in the morning

the park is opening at 8? is that just because of the official opening of pandora?

if that's the schedule for the entire summer, that's going to be tough...i can't see us getting the kidlets out of bed early enough to get there for an 8 am opening..

so it seems like NRJ is going to be difficult, if we have to get a fastpass for
Right now they open at 8 and there in controlled access to Pandora. Entry to test of AK is normal

i think we have to go back to the drawing board on our AK schedule...
we worked so hard on it, but it was based on a 9 am opening...
i don't see how we'll ever manage to do NRJ if we only get there at some time after an 8 am rope drop...

the park is opening at 8? is that just because of the official opening of pandora?

if that's the schedule for the entire summer, that's going to be tough...i can't see us getting the kidlets out of bed early enough to get there for an 8 am opening..
Yes and I'm not sure how long they are keeping the 8 am opening. Something to keep an eye on for sure

so it seems like NRJ is going to be difficult, if we have to get a fastpass for

i think we have to go back to the drawing board on our AK schedule...
we worked so hard on it, but it was based on a 9 am opening...
i don't see how we'll ever manage to do NRJ if we only get there at some time after an 8 am rope drop...
We don't do early well either. Gonna try tomorrow. I anticipate failure. I can do it. DGD can do it. DH not so much

We don't do early well either. Gonna try tomorrow. I anticipate failure. I can do it. DGD can do it. DH not so much

we could do early openings years ago, when my kids were young and i was able to order everyone around...
but now they're grown up with their own kidlets, and i'm no longer in control...
which is a good thing...i hate having that responsibility..

in any case, we'd worked out a schedule avoiding all early openings....
just getting there early enough for a 9 am rope drop..

but if AK opens early every day, it does throw a bit of a monkey wrench into things..

but i guess we'll just have to stick with our relaxed approach to AK and hope for the best...

At this time the park opens at 8am (or earlier) and at 7am for EMH. It would be wise to check the park hours schedule for the dates you will be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter