***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ditto that. And I'm sure we'll throw down for a couple of stands as well.

BTW, DS has been informed I'll buy him this, but all other souvenirs are on HIM. Really. I will not be swayed. No sirreee... :rolleyes1

Stands for the Banshees? I don't know if I've seen a picture of those yet!

Once we hit May 27th I will def be interested to see what type of touring plan works to see both new attractions. Our AK day has the ROL dining (Tusker late breakfast) so we don't need to FP that
Hope we can get FoP FP+ and do standby for NRJ

Has anyone who snagged the Passholder Preview events received the email with instructions? I know the confirmation page indicated we would receive an email before May 12, 2017 and we are quickly getting to that date. We will be in Disney and I don't want to miss the email. We haven't received anything yet--anyone else?

I haven't received anything as of yet either. The email says we will receive additional information about the check in procedure BY May 12th. I'll be on a plane at 5am Friday morning heading to Disney so I hope they send the email out prior to the 12th.

Yes. I do not believe there is a camera out there that can do the land justice in video or film. This is why I am not looking at photos in advance. All they do is put preconceived notions in your mind of how things look. And when they don't hold up to your expectations it can really reek havoc on what you expect when you get there, if you ever get there. I just think it's always better to judge in person for yourself. Then review it.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

actually there is and that's what has attracted me to 360 video. put your phone in a cheap headset and it's like your standing there looking around.

I forgot to ask if we can the 20% discount can be used at Windtraders...I am happy that I am not into the banshees but I will ask for future reference

fwiw, normal CM discounts apply to all items in the gift shop, EXCEPT the Banshees...those were limited to 10%.

My guess is seeing Pandora in person will be amazing though.
Yes it will be.
I do not believe there is a camera out there that can do the land justice in video or film.
While those two sites have some of the best photos, if not the best, I've seen of Pandora, you're right, no matter how good they are, they can't come close to capturing the majesty, the size, the what seems to be ever present breeze blowing through there and the sounds. I swear they have fans hidden somewhere. I was there most of last week and will be there most of this week, and I still stop and gawk at the floating mountains as I walk underneath them, wow.

Anyone else disappointed in this quote from the above article. "No signs of Mickey Mouse are present on Pandora either, as it is the first themed land constructed without Hidden Mickeys."

I get the immersion thing, but this is disappointing to me. I keep hearing Walt's voice saying "I only hope we never lose sight of one thing... It was all started by a mouse."

Anyone else disappointed in this quote from the above article. "No signs of Mickey Mouse are present on Pandora either, as it is the first themed land constructed without Hidden Mickeys."

I get the immersion thing, but this is disappointing to me. I keep hearing Walt's voice saying "I only hope we never lose sight of one thing... It was all started by a mouse."

I consider the touch points as somewhat of a hidden Mickey

I cant believe they left out the mouse :sad2:.

Maybe I am a little disappointed with no hidden mickeys but I like that they are sticking to their guns with immersion. You can see Mickey in plenty of other places. I was very glad to see no Mickey MB scanners.

I consider the touch points as somewhat of a hidden Mickey
C-6bBl4XcAAV9Nb-268x200.jpg

not sure. But the color scheme for ACE does remind me of Boba Fett :)

Last edited:
Anyone else disappointed in this quote from the above article.
Not in the slightest.
I keep hearing Walt's voice saying
Walt's legacy will always be with the Disney company. How can it not be? Pandora is a tiny slice of the huge worldwide Disney parks pie. I can assure you that Mickey is holding his own in the Walt Disney Company hierarchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter