***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"So often people do things to elicit a reaction from us. They're testing their control over us. Don't give it to them. When we engage, when we give them a reaction, any reaction, we give them control, not only over our emotions, but over our being. Do not give your words to someone who deserves your silence. Sometimes the strongest thing you can do in any situation is to stay quiet and give them nothing."
My favorite saying to DH when he's got co-works pushing his buttons "don't feed the bear"

I can't wait for my boys to get theirs so that I can play with them. :-)
Kids? Who said anything about kids? I'm getting one for me. If DGD is lucky she can get one too ;)

I don't think that is going to stop people including myself.....

Same. I'm pretty sure I spent more on my dragon at the ren fair years ago that does less. (he sits on my shelf now) and I definitely am buying one of these guys on Saturday.

Just know they are not electronic. I saw some people stating they were. They are puppets, with a long tube that can go down your sleeve, with a simple controller in your hand that can move a few things. They sell dragons like this at the Texas Ren Faire. Even at the Faire they are a bit pricey, although they are all hand painted.

Yes I know. That's part of the reason we want them too. We go to the Carolina Ren Faire every year. They have something a bit similar here but not to this quality. I think the boys will love taking them when we go later this year.

Just know they are not electronic. I saw some people stating they were. They are puppets, with a long tube that can go down your sleeve, with a simple controller in your hand that can move a few things. They sell dragons like this at the Texas Ren Faire. Even at the Faire they are a bit pricey, although they are all hand painted.

I think people think they are electronic because they make noise (I thought they do at least) so that means some part of them is electronic just not the movements.

Happy birthday, rteetz! When are you going down to enjoy Pandora?

Those banshees are so cute! I wish our Pandora visit was the first day of our trip rather than the last.

I forgot to ask if we can the 20% discount can be used at Windtraders...I am happy that I am not into the banshees but I will ask for future reference

according to the may benefits you can download from teh AP site. It's an exclusive list saying ALL disney owned and operated locations and then lists all the non-disney owned locations you can't use it at... It should work there no problem.

Based on videos and reviews that I have read and watched, I am looking forward to both attractions and the land itself. I just don't know that it is as interesting to me as Diagon Alley and WWoHP. Sensory overload maybe, but mostly funky rocks and plants

The big plant you rub until it sprays seems loltastic

Based on videos and reviews that I have read and watched, I am looking forward to both attractions and the land itself. I just don't know that it is as interesting to me as Diagon Alley and WWoHP. Sensory overload maybe, but mostly funky rocks and plants

The big plant you rub until it sprays seems loltastic
And see to me I am not a HP fan so I don't have a strong desire to go see that at Universal. I'll get there eventually but its not something I want to rush too whereas Animal Kingdom is my favorite park.

according to the may benefits you can download from teh AP site. It's an exclusive list saying ALL disney owned and operated locations and then lists all the non-disney owned locations you can't use it at... It should work there no problem.
HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worship:

And see to me I am not a HP fan so I don't have a strong desire to go see that at Universal. I'll get there eventually but its not something I want to rush too whereas Animal Kingdom is my favorite park.
Love AK and I'm not a huge HP, but the immersion at HP speaks to me in a different way. I def am reserving judgement until August. Perhaps Pandora is in a way so alien it slides past my subconscious mind. It is very dreamlike while HP seems "real" but with a twist

I do like Avatar the film about as much as the HP films (gasp!).

My guess is seeing Pandora in person will be amazing though.

My guess is seeing Pandora in person will be amazing though.
Yes. I do not believe there is a camera out there that can do the land justice in video or film. This is why I am not looking at photos in advance. All they do is put preconceived notions in your mind of how things look. And when they don't hold up to your expectations it can really reek havoc on what you expect when you get there, if you ever get there. I just think it's always better to judge in person for yourself. Then review it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter