***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think that I should get an FP during regular hours for FoP or use standby during Extra EMH at like 12:30a??

I would get a FP. I'd still anticipate long lines during EMH as that's going to be the only part of the park open and there's just those two rides

I hope these glowing reviews are putting to bed SOME of the arguments that building an Avatar based land has been a waste of time and space. I've said all along that #1, it's not Avatar, it's Pandora, slight but significant difference. And #2, it's not WHAT it's based on but how well it's done. As long as it's done well, it's going to be popular.

I hope these glowing reviews are putting to bed SOME of the arguments that building an Avatar based land has been a waste of time and space. I've said all along that #1, it's not Avatar, it's Pandora, slight but significant difference. And #2, it's not WHAT it's based on but how well it's done. As long as it's done well, it's going to be popular.

I think it is ok to question why did Disney choose this property, vs others vs just building an IP independent area/Beastly Kingdom

but to suggest that because it is based on Avatar it would be terrible just doesn't make sense - a bunch of attractions are based on movies a lot of people haven't seen (Splash Mountain) and are still good attractions and some attractions that people don't like are based on a movie people do (Stitch)

There's different time slots. I'm there on the 19th from 6-8pm. I believe the time slots are 6-8, 3-5, 12-2
I'm hoping for softs in between. I have dinner reservations at like 7:30 in Disney springs the day I go to animal kingdom, and even though I had not checked the hours yet I hope they don't soft open after 8 because I'll miss that. We won't know until closer though

Watching the videos, I know you load on a pad but do those seats move out? And even though I think they do they move out into that banshee that was leaked back in february right? Hard to tell from the videos

Looking good. Avoiding any ride videos until I get there May 19th for my preview day.

Looks like it's getting a lot of praise, not surprised one bit. Wonder where all the people are that were saying how Pandora at AK makes no sense, the movie sucked, it'll be a bust, have no interest in it etc lol.

I'm just hoping when I go for the AP preview I'll be able to ride both rides
Still here and still have no interest in it. It has only been open a few hours to people who are compensated to write positive things about it. Keep that in mind.

I think it is ok to question why did Disney choose this property, vs others vs just building an IP independent area/Beastly Kingdom

but to suggest that because it is based on Avatar it would be terrible just doesn't make sense - a bunch of attractions are based on movies a lot of people haven't seen (Splash Mountain) and are still good attractions and some attractions that people don't like are based on a movie people do (Stitch)
This. Some of the best attractions at Disney aren't based on any IP at all....Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Space Mountain, Expedition Everest, etc... and others are based on IP Disney owns. Sort of odd that they felt the need to seek an 'outside IP' to latch on to when they are perfectly capable of creating amazing things on their own. This move sort of ties their fortunes to a movie franchise which hasn't even proven itself to be a franchise. I think they should have just taken the Beastly Kingdom concept and gone with it.

This. Some of the best attractions at Disney aren't based on any IP at all....Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Space Mountain, Expedition Everest, etc... and others are based on IP Disney owns. Sort of odd that they felt the need to seek an 'outside IP' to latch on to when they are perfectly capable of creating amazing things on their own. This move sort of ties their fortunes to a movie franchise which hasn't even proven itself to be a franchise. I think they should have just taken the Beastly Kingdom concept and gone with it.
I disagree. In my eyes, they took Pandora out of the movie. People don't have to like or even watch the movie to enjoy this land. That's the beauty behind this.

I'm hoping for softs in between. I have dinner reservations at like 7:30 in Disney springs the day I go to animal kingdom, and even though I had not checked the hours yet I hope they don't soft open after 8 because I'll miss that. We won't know until closer though

Watching the videos, I know you load on a pad but do those seats move out? And even though I think they do they move out into that banshee that was leaked back in february right? Hard to tell from the videos
No the seats don't move out like Soarin.

When will you be there? Sorry if you posted a few pages back and I don't recall.

The AP previews are May 13th-22nd. If you're there during that time frame then I'd say your best shot would be being around Pandora prior to noon time when the preview slots start. I'd say there's nearly zero chance they'll let anyone in within the 1 hour break in between slots. I'm guessing their using that 1 hour inbetween to get everyone cleared out for the next group coming in.

You never know..but like I said, if they do then early morning is likely the best bet if your trip is in between those dates

Beastly Kingdom was a concept for when AK was built. It was cut because of budget concerns. Disney was not looking at beastly Kingdom vs. Avatar. Going with avatar was a move trying to compete with Potter. Sure the franchise hasn't been proven yet but that doesn't mean it can't be.

Universal has Volcano Bay as being brand new, adding/expanding hotels, and will be coming out with the Fast and Furious ride. I don't see what more they're going to announce or come out with anytime soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter