***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen a couple of responses that suggest not doing an 8 am tusker house reservation on a 9 am park opening. This was my plan this week so I'm trying to understand if we have breakfast where I'd come out. I was thinking we'd still mix in with the rope drop crowd right? But we'd be so far back we'd have a two hour wait? We don't have FP+ and we only have this one day at the parks. If we don't do our 8 am breakfast, what time should we arrive?
No, you would come out behind the rope drop crowd because they drop the rope well before 9:00. Usually 8:40-8:50. It's practically impossible to be seated and finished eating at TH by then. You are much better off just getting to AK at 7:45 or so and standing in line to get in the park, riding FoP first thing and then doing your TH breakfast later in the morning.
If you stick with an 8:00 AM TH you will be 9:00, at least, coming in to Pandora and it would be a 2 hour wait to ride FoP by then. Or close to it, at least most mornings.

No, you would come out behind the rope drop crowd because they drop the rope well before 9:00. Usually 8:40-8:50. It's practically impossible to be seated and finished eating at TH by then. You are much better off just getting to AK at 7:45 or so and standing in line to get in the park, riding FoP first thing and then doing your TH breakfast later in the morning.
If you stick with an 8:00 AM TH you will be 9:00, at least, coming in to Pandora and it would be a 2 hour wait to ride FoP by then. Or close to it, at least most mornings.

Thank you AngiTN. This is what I needed to understand. We'll probably just do quick breakfast instead!

Good news is, there is a GREAT QS breakfast at the Canteen in Pandora. My mouth is watering just remembering it. Can't wait to have it again next month.
What did you have for breakfast there? I've only had lunch and we enjoyed it.

What did you have for breakfast there? I've only had lunch and we enjoyed it.
I had the French Toast. So good didn't even need syrup
DH got the Steak and Eggs. I tried some of his and it was really good too
DGD actually choose to eat the Kids Complete Breakfast, withFrosted Flakes and yogurt instead of anything else. Though she tried my french toast and wanted that next time

I want the Pork Hash next time. I'll get it and the French Toast and share with DGD

I don't think anyone has given a 9:00 opening report yet, so here's our experience from Sunday, July 9 - 9:00 opening with no EMH:

I planned all along to get an uber, so I ordered one from the resort (SSR) at 7:40. As I was waiting on the uber, an AK bus pulled up but I waited on the uber since I already had him on the way and the bus would have still stopped at a few other internal bus stops on the way. I arrived right at 8:00 and got dropped off as close as you can get, which was nice. My daughter was already in the passholder line so I was a little closer than I would have been otherwise if she hadn't beat me there. All lines went back to at least the back of the ticket buildings by then. :)

You don't mean that you cut in line by going to stand with your daughter, do you? Am I misunderstanding that? If I were in line, that would really rub me the wrong way.

I had the French Toast. So good didn't even need syrup
DH got the Steak and Eggs. I tried some of his and it was really good too
DGD actually choose to eat the Kids Complete Breakfast, withFrosted Flakes and yogurt instead of anything else. Though she tried my french toast and wanted that next time

I want the Pork Hash next time. I'll get it and the French Toast and share with DGD
I was looking at the breakfast menu thinking my dd and I could share the hash and the French toast. Thanks!

Report from today --

I arrived on DME this morning for a short solo trip. I had not been able to snag a FoP FP, just Na'vi, in spite of trying anytime I thought of it the past couple weeks.

This morning about 10:00, I tried again to modify my 4:20 Na'vi for this afternoon. There were many more time choices for Na'vi, and at least three choices throughout the day for FoP. Of course I grabbed one. So keep trying!

And to add on this to make sure it is clear, "dropping the rope" at 8:40 means the rope into the Avatar land, not the rope into Animal Kingdom. They've been "dropping the rope" into the park at 8:15 - 8:20. Everyone is allowed in to the park at that time and then are held at a rope at the bridge into Pandora. So even if you were done with breakfast at 8:30 you'd still be behind quite a few guests in the crowd to enter the land.

Thanks for all your helpful info! Were you able to do the whole standby queue or did they divert you? I will be there next week and am trying to plan accordingly.

We were diverted. Same scenario today. We were near the front on Saturday and at the very front today, so I don't know when they start letting people in to the regular queue. It was worth it to us to miss it for the lower wait time, but I know others feel differently.

I've seen a couple of responses that suggest not doing an 8 am tusker house reservation on a 9 am park opening. This was my plan this week so I'm trying to understand if we have breakfast where I'd come out. I was thinking we'd still mix in with the rope drop crowd right? But we'd be so far back we'd have a two hour wait? We don't have FP+ and we only have this one day at the parks. If we don't do our 8 am breakfast, what time should we arrive?

We've been to TH many times, don't care if we miss some characters, and are routinely out at 8:40/8:45am. That said, as @ucfknight mentioned, it's the 8:15/8:20 rope drop letting people into AK that makes keeping a TH breakfast a bad idea if you want to ensure an under 2hr wait that morning. Certainly no way to be done with breakfast before 8:20. :D

WOOT! Just did my FP bookings and got FOP for 10.25 for the 3 of us. (Day 8 of our 9 day stay, was the first thing I went to book). Got NRJ for day 1 as well. So excited!

Did you mean 9/25? My FP date isnt until 8/16 and my trip dates are before yours. Just wanted to clarify. Thanks! Congrats on getting FoP!!

What time are people being let in to AK for morning EMH now that regular opening is 9am?

Will be on property for 9 days in October. How many days would you set aside for AK? Is 3 half days too much? I was going to shoot for 2 FOP fastpasses and the 3rd day a Navi River. I do not want to rope drop just use FPs. Any other suggestions 2 adults 1 2 year old. Help no idea how much time to schedule at this park. We usually only did 1 day and it was enough. How much more time would you set aside now with Pandora?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter