Official October 2020 Thread!

Hi! We're scheduled to go 10/9-10/17, split stay at Dolphin and Beach Club (although I may swap Dolphin to SOG, still not decided).

We were supposed to be there over Spring Break, but, well...you know. I'm not entirely convinced October will work out either, given the current trajectory of Florida's infection rate. Strange trip to be planning with park reservations, no FP, limited hours, no special events. Feels more like our DLR trip in 2018!

I have a DVC reservation with no park tickets (I was waiting to buy them) so I find myself sitting on the sidelines while everyone else is able to book parks.
Every park is available on every day through 2021 when you get past literally the first few days of opening. Even Christmas week is wide open. I wouldn’t worry, I’m fairly optimistic that when you are able to buy your tickets, you won’t have any issues reserving your parks :-)

Got all 7 days for our October trip.
Now, just to replace the ADRs that we lost and hope FPs or whatever they use goes well.

We decided to postpone to next year. I spoke with an agent this morning and they are only doing new bookings through September 26 at this point. So, I guess I just need to keep an eye out for when October 2021 dates open up.

I've been quiet as everything's been going on because we've been doing a lot of hard thinking over here (dealing with canceling my July trip out to California, the end of the weirdest school year to date, the most layoffs in state is my district so dealing with that, etc.) and not sure if we'll end up going in October or not. Such a weird year to say the least!

Hi all! Moving over here after postponing our August trip. Oct 30-Nov 7 at CBR.
Super excited to be there over Halloween for the first time. Already have park reservations including MK on Halloween.

Hi all! Moving over here after postponing our August trip. Oct 30-Nov 7 at CBR.
Super excited to be there over Halloween for the first time. Already have park reservations including MK on Halloween.

You’ll love the decorations!

I am getting grief from family members for making reservations in October. A lot can change in 3 months. Hoping for the best and this second wave to be over.
Its going to be hard to cancel but if we all do I guess our next trip will be stupendous.

Got all 7 days for our October trip.
Now, just to replace the ADRs that we lost and hope FPs or whatever they use goes well.

I don't think there will be FastPass or virtual queues for a while, but I could be wrong! Virtual queues let people do stuff outside the lines, like shop and eat. I don't think Disney wants thousands of people gathering together while they are in virtual queues. It's probably better to just have people stand in a standard line and space it out. FastPass slows down the standby line, so people could end up stuck in an indoor queue for a long time, thus increasing their risk. I think it's better for health safety to have everyone in a standby line that is moving consistently. At least with reduced numbers at the parks, the wait times shouldn't be too bad. I wonder how they will be for the popular new rides like Rise of the Resistance, though?

I have a DVC reservation with no park tickets (I was waiting to buy them) so I find myself sitting on the sidelines while everyone else is able to book parks.

We're in the same boat. Canceled our Aulani trip for October and made split stay reservations for the same week at WDW but we didn't buy APs right away. When I got the email indicating the park reservation system was going live, I called into DVC to buy passes and while I was on hold they suspended AP sales. Talk about angry; the CM apologized like 10 times. My wife doesn't even want to talk about Disney with me because she knows how upset I am.

I just feel so confused about planning. I had the perfect ADRs before they got cancelled, and now I’m not even sure what to book. 😳

The main ones I wanted are closed (Ohana and Artist’s Pointe). Will they have the Wonderland Tea back in October!? (Who knows, right!). Can I get a baby sitter (can’t use them right now!)

Well, the announcement of what will be open has tipped my scale more toward keeping our Oct. trip. :) This trip is mostly about Galaxy’s Edge so the only ? is Savi’s.

From what I read yesterday, they took Oga's off the Opening list....so not sure what they're planning for SWGE area....I'm in the same boat, looking for Savi's and also the Droid Depot. This stuff just keeps changing daily... o_O

From what I read yesterday, they took Oga's off the Opening list....so not sure what they're planning for SWGE area....I'm in the same boat, looking for Savi's and also the Droid Depot. This stuff just keeps changing daily... o_O

The constant changes are exactly why I’m trying really hard not to get too worked up about stuff yet... we can’t book experiences and dining until 60 days out anyway, so to me, it’s not worth putting too much thought into it right now. Granted, I’ve been there many times and don’t have my heart set on any particular experience or restaurant, and we are more “go with the flow” travelers anyway... so I may be jaded a bit.

I did, however, book reservations through Open Table at Wine Bar George and Raglan Road because we love both, and at least we have some peace of mind that we’ve got two dinners covered. With the shorter park hours, we figured a couple of nights at Disney Springs will keep us busy.

Hi everyone! Between not having a pass yet and the surge in Covid in Florida, I have pushed back my vacation to mid December. I will reassess December in a couple of months and I have April to all back on.

Safe travels to everyone!

Just rebooked from Sept to late Oct. Fingers crossed. My daughter is essential in FL and I just hope we can see her. Flights will be a bigger issue for us. Very hopeful.

We're going for a short weekend Oct 8-11. I'm booked @ Movies but waiting to see where we will end up since Movies isn't showing open. I have my park reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter