***Official November 2022 Thread***

We were planning to hop from AK to MK that day to take advantage of evening hours. I hope they let us in!
I wouldnā€™t worry about not being let in, itā€™s very rare, only happened once on the actual 50th, I hope often and never have an issue hopping. Is it possible yes, is it likely no.

Edited to add I should say only happened once since covid, it has happened before on major holidays as well

Last edited:
I guess one positive is if you soldier on with ponchos or raincoats the crowds might be lighter. ? Apparently there is a disorganized system in the Atlantic, not likely to become Hurricane but that may be where some of the rain is coming from? I read something on my online news feed from the NHC about it
That we will do, I am packing 3 shoes each instead of 2 and extra socks and ponchos! And hope for the best!

Omgosh the excitement is so REAL right now! My insta is being flooded with posts about MK being Christmas decorated!! Does MK have a big tree? Like a ā€œsignatureā€ tree or something?
What accounts are you following on IG that you are seeing the Christmas decor?

Omgosh the excitement is so REAL right now! My insta is being flooded with posts about MK being Christmas decorated!! Does MK have a big tree? Like a ā€œsignatureā€ tree or something?
Yes, thereā€™s a big tree right on Main Street when you walk in. Itā€™s always stunning!

Weā€™re on the road! Picked the kids up from school and both were super happy to leave early. Weā€™ll be stopping tonight in Georgia for a rest. Tomorrow morning weā€™ll have to run to an auto parts store and pick up a bolt since one fell out as we were driving. My husband forgot his gift cards for dole whips and his savis (he wanted to hold onto his gift cards so I didnā€™t touch themā€¦) overall a stressful trip this far

The rain for next week shows less than an inch. I'm sure it will be fine. :)

Has anyone just used instacart for groceries to the resort?

The rain for next week shows less than an inch. I'm sure it will be fine. :)

Has anyone just used instacart for groceries to the resort?
We have used them a few times in the last 3 years. We always pick Publix, since they have everything the family wants. Will be using them again in a few weeks.

Ugh I am also worried about all the rain in the forecast next week. I'm from the Midwest, so unfamiliar with FL weather. Is this like the summer where it just rains for a couple hours and then you're good to go? I hope so!
The difference between weather in the Midwest versus weather in Florida is predictability. You can usually expect the rain to move from west to east in a dependable fashion in the Midwest. Florida is different. Rain can come from the east or west or just explode out of nowhere. You can watch the morning weather on the local news channel just before you head out the door and be told that it isn't going to rain until the afternoon. Then you catch a shower in the morning at Epcot, which is what happened to us last month. :)

The safest thing to do is to carry lightweight disposable ponchos if there is any chance of rain.

The difference between weather in the Midwest versus weather in Florida is predictability. You can usually expect the rain to move from west to east in a dependable fashion in the Midwest. Florida is different. Rain can come from the east or west or just explode out of nowhere. You can watch the morning weather on the local news channel just before you head out the door and be told that it isn't going to rain until the afternoon. Then you catch a shower in the morning at Epcot, which is what happened to us last month. :)

The safest thing to do is to carry lightweight disposable ponchos if there is any chance of rain.
Yes to this! Just be prepared with ponchos and rain-ready shoes (you do not want to be squelching around in wet sneakers). If you have a stroller bring a plastic stroller cover. These things donā€™t take a lot of suitcase space but when the rain starts they are worth their weight in gold.

Yes to this! Just be prepared with ponchos and rain-ready shoes (you do not want to be squelching around in wet sneakers). If you have a stroller bring a plastic stroller cover. These things donā€™t take a lot of suitcase space but when the rain starts they are worth their weight in gold.
What would you consider rain-ready shoes for vacation? Iā€™m in socal. We barely get rain. Lol

What would you consider rain-ready shoes for vacation? Iā€™m in socal. We barely get rain. Lol
I'm not the person you asked, but I find hiking sandals to be the best! I love my Chaco sandals, but TEVA or similar brands would work too. They are open and they are made for getting wet. I also had some Crocs that were like the old school jelly shoes that were actually really comfy for walking in all day, and since they were basically plastic and open, they dried out easily.

I'm not the person you asked, but I find hiking sandals to be the best! I love my Chaco sandals, but TEVA or similar brands would work too. They are open and they are made for getting wet. I also had some Crocs that were like the old school jelly shoes that were actually really comfy for walking in all day, and since they were basically plastic and open, they dried out easily.
Yes I use hiking sandals too.

Same here, also SoCal, flip flops 9-10 months of the year. This year and last while in Europe I had some Birkenstock closed toe sneakers, totally waterproof that were great. I canā€™t do Tevas or anything like for long time on my feet, that plus itā€™s cold elsewhere! my feet are way too thin for Crocs. One tip:ALWAYS take an extra pair of socks. Last time we went to WDW (long time ago) had to go BUY socks as mine did get wet once. As,people have said, thatā€™s awful.

Same here, also SoCal, flip flops 9-10 months of the year. This year and last while in Europe I had some Birkenstock closed toe sneakers, totally waterproof that were great. I canā€™t do Tevas or anything like for long time on my feet, that plus itā€™s cold elsewhere! my feet are way too thin for Crocs. One tip:ALWAYS take an extra pair of socks. Last time we went to WDW (long time ago) had to go BUY socks as mine did get wet once. As,people have said, thatā€™s awful.
Interesting option! Do you remember the model name?

I usually live in tennis shoes (running shoes, really), but not the best in the rain. I usually just make do in WDW. And yes, lots of socks.

Todayā€™s the day!! Itā€™s 1:15 AM, and Iā€™m supposed to be up at 6:45 to get ready to head to the airport. Iā€™m just never able to sleep on Disney Eve! At least this means Iā€™ll be more likely to sleep on the plane lol

I hear you. Thanks to time change, I was up at 5:15 even though we don't leave until 10.

The cat is pleased, at least. She's demanding cuddles.

PXL_20221106_104315810.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter