***Official November 2022 Thread***

I didn’t see a November 2022 thread so I figured I would start one. Apologies if it already exists and I missed it!

We love November trips for the weather and Christmas decorations. We are booked for a stay spanning Thanksgiving. We are currently doing a split stay in a 1 bedroom standard view at Boardwalk and a 1 bedroom standard view at Riviera but, if we have family meeting us there (still not yet decided), Riviera will likely change to something else, likely SSR.
We’ve shifted our stay to a 1 bedroom at SSR and cannot wait! We will be there from the week before Thanksgiving to just after Thanksgiving.

No flights booked yet but the majority of our park days are reserved. I can’t reserve the rest until I can renew our APs in September.

We went ahead and booked our flights. Since it’s Jersey Week I’m 99.9% sure the prices won’t drop so figured just book the times you want now. I paid about the same I paid in 2018 for the same week and the prices never dropped (actually went up) except my bags were included through southwest back then. Southwest doesn’t have any direct flights out of Philly anymore so I didn’t book them. It feels more real now!

Joining the party down here! November 1-8th at All Star Music. It'll be my first time at Music, staying at all of the All Stars now. This trip is a re-book in sorts from a 2020 trip I had to cancel. Its going to be super exciting. I'm going with a friend, and another one joins us later on in the trip. Couldn't be more hopeful and excited.

Hi Everyone 👋
Hubby and I are visiting from the UK for 2 weeks starting 1st November. 4th trip but first without our 2 sons (18 and 16) as they didn't want to come 😵🤯
Never been in November, staying offsite, doing both Disney and Universal 😀

Hi everyone! My Mom and I will be at the Poly Nov 13 - 19! Booked our park reservations to be safe but am sure I will change them several times before November.

Our last trip was December 2019 and we had a blast. Loved going to MVMCP and the beautiful weather. For this trip, after all the recent reports, my expectations are SO low, I can’t imagine we don’t have a good time! 🤣🤪 after all - it is what you make it 😊 We are both looking forward to food and wine festival, riding all the new attractions (RoTR, MMRR, Rat, GoTG cosmic rewind and MAYBE [fingers crossed!!!] Tron) and hoping to get a rhino tour in at DAK!

Can’t wait!

Hi everyone! My Mom and I will be at the Poly Nov 13 - 19! Booked our park reservations to be safe but am sure I will change them several times before November.

Our last trip was December 2019 and we had a blast. Loved going to MVMCP and the beautiful weather. For this trip, after all the recent reports, my expectations are SO low, I can’t imagine we don’t have a good time! 🤣🤪 after all - it is what you make it 😊 We are both looking forward to food and wine festival, riding all the new attractions (RoTR, MMRR, Rat, GoTG cosmic rewind and MAYBE [fingers crossed!!!] Tron) and hoping to get a rhino tour in at DAK!

Can’t wait!
I really, really hope Tron is open in November! I have low expectations but I did read that they’ve been doing actual test runs (not the push-pull tests) so maybe there is hope. You know they want that ILL money over Christmas.

Can’t wait!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the rhino tour as well. We did the Caring for Giants tour a couple of years ago and loved it.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the rhino tour as well. We did the Caring for Giants tour a couple of years ago and loved it.

Us three for rhinos this year! We loved the elephants. Last year we did a fireworks cruise. It’s fun to do something special each trip.

Us three for rhinos this year! We loved the elephants. Last year we did a fireworks cruise. It’s fun to do something special each trip.

We try to do something "new to us" every trip. Even though we have been to Walt Disney World 28 times, we have never run into a problem finding something special to do which is one of the things that we love at Disney. It's always changing!

We're going back and forth between the week of November 13 and the week of November 27 (week after Thanksgiving). The week of the 13th should be less crowded, but there will probably be less holiday stuff in the parks, our Pixie Dust passes will be blacked out on that Friday, so only 4 days in the parks, and my husband is more likely to have work-related stuff come up that week. That has me leaning toward the slightly higher crowds of the last week in November. Choices, choices. We've never been during either of those weeks, but we've been several times during the week of Thanksgiving.

We will likely stay at All Star Movies. Except for a one day visit in early March, this will be our first trip to WDW since pre-pandemic.

We're going back and forth between the week of November 13 and the week of November 27 (week after Thanksgiving). The week of the 13th should be less crowded, but there will probably be less holiday stuff in the parks, our Pixie Dust passes will be blacked out on that Friday, so only 4 days in the parks, and my husband is more likely to have work-related stuff come up that week. That has me leaning toward the slightly higher crowds of the last week in November. Choices, choices. We've never been during either of those weeks, but we've been several times during the week of Thanksgiving.

We will likely stay at All Star Movies. Except for a one day visit in early March, this will be our first trip to WDW since pre-pandemic.
I went the week after Thanksgiving last year and it was good. I got to do a Christmas party in MK, and see the Candlelight Processional in Epcot.

We are going the worst possible time... Thanksgiving week. DH for some inexplicable reason doesn't believe Disney world is worth pulling kids out of school. o_O Maybe after he sees what crowds are like he'll come around to my way of thinking, lol.

I'm on the fence about buying tickets with Genie+ or not. Realistically, we would probably only use it at MK and HS since we treat Epcot as an atmosphere park rather than going on rides, and for AK the only thing we'd want to reserve is FOP and that is not included in GP+ anyway. So it makes more sense for us to just wait and buy it on the day of for MK and HS. But then the nagging voice of doubt in me says I should just fork over the money for length-of-stay G+ because what if Disney decides to cap sales of Genie+ because too many people are getting it and we miss out and can't get it day of for the parks we do want it for?

My daughter and I are booked for 11/6-11/12 at All Star Movies. It will be our first trip back since 2019. We’ve been at all different times of the year but never Jersey Week. A little nervous it’s going to be packed but also very excited to go back. It’s our happy place❤️🖤

Joining the party! 🎉 November 13-18 we are treating some extended family at Kidani Village. It will be our first time savannah view.

We are going the worst possible time... Thanksgiving week. DH for some inexplicable reason doesn't believe Disney world is worth pulling kids out of school. o_O Maybe after he sees what crowds are like he'll come around to my way of thinking, lol.

I'm on the fence about buying tickets with Genie+ or not. Realistically, we would probably only use it at MK and HS since we treat Epcot as an atmosphere park rather than going on rides, and for AK the only thing we'd want to reserve is FOP and that is not included in GP+ anyway. So it makes more sense for us to just wait and buy it on the day of for MK and HS. But then the nagging voice of doubt in me says I should just fork over the money for length-of-stay G+ because what if Disney decides to cap sales of Genie+ because too many people are getting it and we miss out and can't get it day of for the parks we do want it for?

Do they limit the amount of people who can get Genie+? I hadn't heard that was a possibility. We probably won't purchase it until the day of if we do.

Maybe this group can help weigh in. We have ONE night at a Disney hotel to hang with our friends before moving over to Universal. We arrive (all together on same flight) relatively early Wednesday and it will be a resort day. Thursday will be our one park day and once we are done with the parks, we will return to the hotel to pick up our stored bags and then Uber over to Universal hotel.

Choices for hotel:

Swan booked "free" on Marriott points. Means hotel/resort time on our own before meeting friends in park.

OR

Join our friends at Bay Lake Tower/Contemporary so we can be at the resort with them/pool and travel to/from the parks. Obviously $$$$$$, but maybe we can do a one night DVC rental for slightly "less"

Friends vs. money......really stuck........

Do they limit the amount of people who can get Genie+? I hadn't heard that was a possibility. We probably won't purchase it until the day of if we do.
They haven't done it yet, but it's something that is talked as a possibility because at peak times (last Thanksgiving was a notable example), too many people signed up relative to the number of Genie+ ride reservations available such that people were only able to get one or two rides via Genie+ before they ran out, and a lot of people demanded refunds and were given them. Lots of accounts in the Genie+ thread about how thinks kind of broke down last Thanksgiving. I view the risk as similar to how Disney can shut down park hopping if the park gets too crowded--rare but going at a peak holiday time it is a possibility and I like to be prepared.

Choices for hotel:

Swan booked "free" on Marriott points. Means hotel/resort time on our own before meeting friends in park.

OR

Join our friends at Bay Lake Tower/Contemporary so we can be at the resort with them/pool and travel to/from the parks. Obviously $$$$$$, but maybe we can do a one night DVC rental for slightly "less"

Friends vs. money......really stuck........

I don't mean to suggest anything against the rules, but could you not go visit them and enjoy some pool time with them at their pool? I feel like that is very different than just crashing a pool with no paying guest in your party. If it's November and not sweltering, you could at least go over before heading to the park and enjoy time with them w/o swimming? I mean, we ate at the poolside place at AKL on a trip because we wanted to see the lobby and check out the pool. We never entered the pool area-proper but had a drink and some food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter