• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

Hi everyone! I could really use some advice about our upcoming November trip. I’m headed to WDW November 3-11 with DH, DS11, and DS8. We’re also traveling with one of my best friends, her DH, DS12, DS10, and DD7 (we are veterans, but it’s their first trip). Staying offsite (not super excited to be staying offsite this time, but DHs wanted more space and kids all wanted to stay together). We started planning the trip months ago….house is reserved (5 bedroom at Windsor Hills), flights are booked, and ADRs are made. Here’s where the problem comes in. My friend was diagnosed with breast cancer last month. It is very early (stage 1) and doctors are very confident with the prognosis. She’s already had one surgery to remove the tumor. A second surgery will happen soon, as well as chemo. I feel TERRIBLE for even thinking about our trip while she is dealing with these medical issues, however, I can’t help but wonder if she’s going to be healthy enough to make the trip. I know it’s still 4 months away and I haven’t mentioned anything to her yet about my concerns. Ideally we would just play it by ear and see how she’s feeling at that point in time. But, I don’t want to get stuck paying for a 5 bedroom house for my family of 4 if they can’t go. And I’ve already been watching the Disney site to see what’s available (we’ll move onsite if they can’t go) and it’s slim pickings. I know the longer we wait the less options we’ll have. But again, I would feel like such a jerk bringing this up to her right now. What would you all do???

Hi everyone! I could really use some advice about our upcoming November trip. I’m headed to WDW November 3-11 with DH, DS11, and DS8. We’re also traveling with one of my best friends, her DH, DS12, DS10, and DD7 (we are veterans, but it’s their first trip). Staying offsite (not super excited to be staying offsite this time, but DHs wanted more space and kids all wanted to stay together). We started planning the trip months ago….house is reserved (5 bedroom at Windsor Hills), flights are booked, and ADRs are made. Here’s where the problem comes in. My friend was diagnosed with breast cancer last month. It is very early (stage 1) and doctors are very confident with the prognosis. She’s already had one surgery to remove the tumor. A second surgery will happen soon, as well as chemo. I feel TERRIBLE for even thinking about our trip while she is dealing with these medical issues, however, I can’t help but wonder if she’s going to be healthy enough to make the trip. I know it’s still 4 months away and I haven’t mentioned anything to her yet about my concerns. Ideally we would just play it by ear and see how she’s feeling at that point in time. But, I don’t want to get stuck paying for a 5 bedroom house for my family of 4 if they can’t go. And I’ve already been watching the Disney site to see what’s available (we’ll move onsite if they can’t go) and it’s slim pickings. I know the longer we wait the less options we’ll have. But again, I would feel like such a jerk bringing this up to her right now. What would you all do???

Can you just put down a deposit on the Disney room and then figure out closer to November what she wants to do? What's the cancellation policy on the house? She won't have any idea how she'll feel 4 months from now but maybe 30 days out she'll have a better idea.

Hey in looking at another thread I think I am missing a table meal in my plans .. I check in on 11/25 and check out on 12/2 so that would be 7 meals right? I have Tusker House, 50's, WCC, Via Napoli, Ohana and Bon Voyage so that is 6 .. Thanks Michelle

Hey in looking at another thread I think I am missing a table meal in my plans .. I check in on 11/25 and check out on 12/2 so that would be 7 meals right? I have Tusker House, 50's, WCC, Via Napoli, Ohana and Bon Voyage so that is 6 .. Thanks Michelle
Sounds right to me. We check in 11/25 and check out 12/1 and we are getting 6 TS meals.

@bigsis1970 Yes. You get as many TS meal credits as you have nights (on the standard plan). So, if you are staying 8 days and 7 nights, you would receive 7 TS meal credits per person.

Sounds right to me. We check in 11/25 and check out 12/1 and we are getting 6 TS meals.

@bigsis1970 Yes. You get as many TS meal credits as you have nights (on the standard plan). So, if you are staying 8 days and 7 nights, you would receive 7 TS meal credits per person.

thanks so much - now to find one more sit down meal.. maybe Disney Springs for Lunch on 11/28 our MVMCP day HUM decisions decisions..

Hey! I've been following another thread on here and people are saying there has been lower prices for people flying on Southwest around Thanksgiving. Anyone still looking to book should check it out. I know nothing about the prices, but just wanted to pass the news along to possibly help someone else out.

Loving reading everyone's daily plans! Thought I'd share mine, would love to hear any feedback. We are 4 adults in our late 20s (2 first timers) and have FD. Not so much into character meals so thinking of skipping Hollywood & Vine. I mainly booked it for the Fantasmic package, but I'm not sure about the buffet food...

11/14: check into Pop, dinner at Homecomin'
11/15: Epcot for the day, dinner at San Angel Inn
11/16: MK, BOG lunch, Teppan Edo dinner (not doing MVMCP so we'll get kicked out early that night and hop to Epcot)
11/17: AK, Flame Tree BBQ Lunch, Yak & Yeti dinner
11/18: HS, Hollywood & Vine lunch (maybe?), Sci-Fi Dine-In dinner (or lunch if we get rid of Hollywood & Vine) before Fantasmic
11/19: Disney Springs/park hop to repeat favorites, no reservations for this day but could add one if we take out Hollywood & Vine lunch
11/20: Disney Springs/park hop to repeat favorites, Crystal Palace dinner
11/21: check out and head home

Loving reading everyone's daily plans! Thought I'd share mine, would love to hear any feedback. We are 4 adults in our late 20s (2 first timers) and have FD. Not so much into character meals so thinking of skipping Hollywood & Vine. I mainly booked it for the Fantasmic package, but I'm not sure about the buffet food...

11/14: check into Pop, dinner at Homecomin'
11/15: Epcot for the day, dinner at San Angel Inn
11/16: MK, BOG lunch, Teppan Edo dinner (not doing MVMCP so we'll get kicked out early that night and hop to Epcot)
11/17: AK, Flame Tree BBQ Lunch, Yak & Yeti dinner
11/18: HS, Hollywood & Vine lunch (maybe?), Sci-Fi Dine-In dinner (or lunch if we get rid of Hollywood & Vine) before Fantasmic
11/19: Disney Springs/park hop to repeat favorites, no reservations for this day but could add one if we take out Hollywood & Vine lunch
11/20: Disney Springs/park hop to repeat favorites, Crystal Palace dinner
11/21: check out and head home

I haven't read many good reviews of Hollywood & Vine and if you were doing it solely for Fantasmic seating then I don't know if I'd bother. Especially since you don't care about the characters. I think I'd try to get a Fantasmic fp as a 4th fp OR just get there early and wait. Like grab some snacks and head over. You can have your own little dessert party while waiting for the show to start. That's just my opinion and I haven't personally eaten at H&V so what do I know! I've heard great things about Homecomin'.

Anyone have experience with Paradiso 37?

We really like it! A friend of mine that lives in near there recommended it to us and we liked it and then went back on our last trip. DH loves their fish tacos. I like the enchilada's as the sauce is different from on mexican ones. We will probably be back there this November as well.

I just realized I didn't post my schedule We arrive Tue Nov7th leaving Sun Nov12th.
Arrive early so going into Epcot have late ressies for Beirgarten (never been excited to try)
Hollywood studios (my fav park) got Mama Melrose for dinner
Animal Kingdom have Yat & Yeti (early dinner trying to get later) LOVE here only had counter so looking forward to sit down
Epscot (full day) Chefs de France ~ friends that live in Florida are gonna hang with us for today and next day. Got them in on those ressies
Magic Kingdom I GOT BOG!!! trying to get earlier time and add our friends we have 8:15pm thought it was would be easy to just add two more to an existing ressie but was told they go by number of people in the restaurant and not how many can fit at a table your at. Wish my luck.

Who is doing the XMAS Party on SUNDAY November 26th?
If I can talk DH into an extra day that's the party we'd do.
And southwest flights have dropped drastically for our dates- IF we extend 2 days. And POR was pretty cheap those 2 xtra nights...I think I'd still rather drive to keep the expenses down and still stay an extra day:D

Okay, I think I've settled on a schedule now. We're five adults (ages 35, 30, 30, 23, and 22) and we'll be there Nov. 10-13 at Pop Century.

Nov. 10 - Arrive at Pop around 1:30, head to DS // ADR at Raglan Road for 6:30 pm
Nov. 11 - Epcot // ADR at Spice Road Table (for 3 of us) for 8:30 pm & ADR at Rose and Crown (for 2 of us) for 8:45 pm
Nov. 12 - Magic Kingdom (not doing party) // monorail resort hopping // ADR at Ohana for 8:10 pm
Nov. 13 - Animal Kingdom (EMH) // ADR at Yak&Yeti (for 2 of us) at 6:00 pm

Three of us are heading home from Animal Kingdom probably around 3-4 pm (it's a four-hour drive home), and the other two are staying one more night at Pop and leaving the morning of Nov. 14.

It'll be commando park-touring this trip, which suits all of us best.

Would love your feedback! Heading to WDW with My DH, DS (5.5), DD (2.5), my mom and sister. We are staying at POP!

This will be a rather relaxed trip for us. We don't really want to push the kids to the max, we'd rather take it slow, do less and really just enjoy. Right now we have 4 day park hoppers....I am considering adding a 5th day because I think we are missing out at Epcot...I don't want to go full tilt on Sunday but I am thinking that after Bon Voyage we might be able to ride FEA pretty easily? Do some character meet and greets? There are only 5 of us going to BVB so we are planning on UBER family to get there so early in the morning. I don’t think we will miss much at Disney Springs other than the Christmas Shop…

On Friday I know that lunch and dinner are close but I am hoping that there will be a little bit of a wait at CRT so that dinner will be more at 6pm. We are going to play this night by ear – if the kids are wiped we will head back to the hotel but if they are doing well we might hang around as the next day is a travel day.

Ideally we would do BOG on Monday (I have a TP finder set up) but I am pretty sure that is not going to happen because of free dining/anticipated crowds that day.

Alternatively …. Cold do MK on Sunday for a ‘short’ day and then do EP on Monday to take advantage of lower crowds.

Also! What are your ‘MUST’ do attractions/events when you go with littles? I think I want to really narrow down what we feel like we need to do vs what we want to do.

Saturday, November 25: Arrival Day!

Sunday, November 26: 7:45am Bon Voyage Breakfast // Disney springs // Rest // 4:30pm 1900 Park Fare

Monday, November 27: MK rope drop! // 3:15 Plaza Reservation ... probably cancelling this because it will be parade time :(

Tuesday, November 28: Resort day // MVMCP

Wednesday, November 29: Sleep in! Head to Epcot // 11:30am lunch at Akershus (Might skip this) // walk to HS for Toy Story and TOT// 5:30 Hollywood and Vine for the Seasonal Dine

Thursday, November 30: AK! // Lunch at Tusker House

Friday, December 1: MK! // 1:05pm Lunch at BOG // 5:30 dinner at CRT

Saturday, December 2: back to reality

Would love your feedback! Heading to WDW with My DH, DS (5.5), DD (2.5), my mom and sister. We are staying at POP!

This will be a rather relaxed trip for us. We don't really want to push the kids to the max, we'd rather take it slow, do less and really just enjoy. Right now we have 4 day park hoppers....I am considering adding a 5th day because I think we are missing out at Epcot...I don't want to go full tilt on Sunday but I am thinking that after Bon Voyage we might be able to ride FEA pretty easily? Do some character meet and greets? There are only 5 of us going to BVB so we are planning on UBER family to get there so early in the morning. I don’t think we will miss much at Disney Springs other than the Christmas Shop…

On Friday I know that lunch and dinner are close but I am hoping that there will be a little bit of a wait at CRT so that dinner will be more at 6pm. We are going to play this night by ear – if the kids are wiped we will head back to the hotel but if they are doing well we might hang around as the next day is a travel day.

Ideally we would do BOG on Monday (I have a TP finder set up) but I am pretty sure that is not going to happen because of free dining/anticipated crowds that day.

Alternatively …. Cold do MK on Sunday for a ‘short’ day and then do EP on Monday to take advantage of lower crowds.

Also! What are your ‘MUST’ do attractions/events when you go with littles? I think I want to really narrow down what we feel like we need to do vs what we want to do.

Saturday, November 25: Arrival Day!

Sunday, November 26: 7:45am Bon Voyage Breakfast // Disney springs // Rest // 4:30pm 1900 Park Fare

Monday, November 27: MK rope drop! // 3:15 Plaza Reservation ... probably cancelling this because it will be parade time :(

Tuesday, November 28: Resort day // MVMCP

Wednesday, November 29: Sleep in! Head to Epcot // 11:30am lunch at Akershus (Might skip this) // walk to HS for Toy Story and TOT// 5:30 Hollywood and Vine for the Seasonal Dine

Thursday, November 30: AK! // Lunch at Tusker House

Friday, December 1: MK! // 1:05pm Lunch at BOG // 5:30 dinner at CRT

Saturday, December 2: back to reality

I think you should be able to ride FEA pretty easily after Bon Voyage. I've been following the fp thread and it has mentioned that the wait on FEA seems to not be too bad in the am until fast passes start for it which I believe is 11am. Last week, we ate at Garden Grill at 8am then I took my daughter to FEA and we were the first ones in line. Waiting for the ride to open. Park opened at 9am, we got over a little before 850 am. And the people with akershus ADRs didn't get in line until right before 9 am. So if you took the international gateway after BV, I think you'd be in pretty good shape. We walked on FEA and then met the 2 princesses which was also walk on even though wait time said 10 minutes. BTW, the wait time for FEA said 10 minutes even before it opened. lol I thought that was funny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter