OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

Joining in....

We went the day after Thanksgiving last year and said we were going to take a break from the parks and try something else.....well, you know how that goes. Thinking of going again the same week!

Can I hop in here?! Very excited to be planning a trip for Nov. 24 - Dec. 2. The first weekend will be spent at Universal, my first time going! Then on that Sunday we will be heading to Disney. :yay:

Working 2 jobs right now, definitely hoping it pays off!! I'm going with BFF and her SO, it's our dream vacation since we were little kids - she's my only friend who is equally as Disney crazy. She doesn't get to go as often as I do, I'm determined to make this a luxurious and magical vacation! If I can swing it we will stay at a Universal hotel the first weekend, and then we are DEFINITELY aiming to stay at BWI - our shared dream resort. :cloud9: Also will be our first Christmas trip! I'm SO excited for MVMCP, especially after experiencing MNSSHP for the first time in 2014 - it was absolutely worth it to us!

We're doing the DP too, REALLY crossing my fingers for free dining. We love fun dining experiences so DP is worth it to us - for me it's just worth it not having to budget for food once we're there! And I looove going to Goofy's Candy Company at the end of the trip to dump all my snack credits. :love:

Question for you guys - apparently the week I picked isn't too busy, but should I go ahead and book soon rather than wait for Free Dining? I'm asking because we are REALLY set on BWI ... we will settle for Beach Club for backup, which I wouldn't mind, but I really want BFF to get her dream trip! I would feel comfortable booking and putting a sizable down payment after my next round of paychecks, but I was just going to wait so I could pay off a huge chunk at once. Always a delicate balance with money, isn't it? :rolleyes:

292 Days to go so time to start the pre trip report to help pass some time. :surfweb:

I've got to get back on mine and really get it going. I have a large reusable shopping bag in the closet I've been filling with small goodies I find like travel soaps/toothbrushes etc. Also adding in coloring books and little trinkets for DD for the road trip down.

Joining! Just booked last week! We'll be in 2 rooms at POR AB Preferred Room Nov 25-Dec 2. Got a GREAT deal on tix from my favorite discount site! And added quick service dining plan to our room. Very excited to be able to do that... thought that was only possible with a room/ticket package! Now waiting for airfare and fall sale discounts! Will be me, mom, my boyfriend and his son (9). My 13th trip, mom's 7th, boyfriend's 2nd trip, and his son's 1st! I can't wait to show him my 2nd home! I hope he loves it as much as I do!! Keeping my fingers crossed for great weather and low crowds. :)

292 Days to go so time to start the pre trip report to help pass some time. :surfweb:

I've got to get back on mine and really get it going. I have a large reusable shopping bag in the closet I've been filling with small goodies I find like travel soaps/toothbrushes etc. Also adding in coloring books and little trinkets for DD for the road trip down.

You guys should post a link to your reports here when you start them. I would love to follow along.

Nov 2 - 4
I am really Excited about this trip! It will be just DH and ME!!! no kids................ Finally!
DH signed up for the 5K, so we will have to do that but im supper thrilled to spend some quality time together.

Hi! I just registered to post in this thread :). In the midst of our nor'easter here in ma I just booked our trip for November 13-18th!!! Staying at POR

My husband and I honeymooned in Disney in 2004. We have a 10 year old daughter and an almost 3 year old son and have wanted to go back for a while.

Oh Happy Day! We are booked for 11/28 to 12/5, and staying at Pop. I've already got my spreadsheet filled in with crowd level forecasts and FP planning strategies, dining wishlist, attractions wishlist, park hour predictions.... yes, go ahead, you can say it. I'm OBSESSED!

292 days!

I've signed up for another W&D so I'll be at WDW from 11/1-11/7. Staying at BWI, although I'm second guessing that decision, but that's where the BFF and I are at right now for our runcation. I am excited to try it out, but nervous about the QS options, or lack thereof with a race.

Last edited:
Just booked Nov. 12-19 at POP. Just DH and I! We leave one week after my 46th birthday.

We went last year with the kids (16, 14, 10) and DH's parents and siblings/kids--group of 13. I was totally in charge of everything as far as planning, FPs, ADRs, etc. Getting 13 people moving is HARD. And they all always wanted to go back to the pool early! Also, their pace was not what I would call "proper Disney pace." More of a stroll, LOL. We had fun, but this will be a totally different trip! I am so excited to be able to move fast, and only have to take 2 people's preferences into consideration!! Oh, and it's much easier to get 4th+ fastpasses with only 2 people in the party. I'm determined to get into double digits at least one day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter