• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official November 2016 Thread***

I was informed this past weekend that coworkers of my brother and his girlfriend have been asking if they are going to Disney with any kids...their response, yea, my 32 year old sister. Why is there such a stigma against adults traveling to Disney without kids?? Not that I am offended in any way, I am a child at heart. Sometimes I feel that we would all have less stress and would enjoy life much more if we all had a little bit of a kid in our hearts/minds rather than full fledge adulting all of the time. So yes coworkers, hi, my name is Kara, I'm 32 and I love Disney...what?! :)

ADVICE NEEDED-

We technically have a split stay- we found a cheap evening flight out the night before we had planned to leave for WDW. I already had our week long stay at the poly reserved. We decided to go ahead and take the cheaper flight down and I tried to add a night to the poly res. No luck. No rooms. So I took a night at AOA. We land around 8PM and the plan was to move right over to the poly the next AM bc that's our first MK day. Anyway, noticed rooms have opened at Poly. (Guess I knew this would happen around the 30 day mark.) So... would you move? It is obviously a good chunk more money from LM AOA room to Poly. And my girls were kind of excited about checking out AOA BUT it would be SO much easier than moving the very next AM. Just looking for opinions!

since you're not arriving til 8:00 p.m. anyways I'd just go straight to Poly. By the time you get to AoA it will be what - 9-10 p.m? Can't even enjoy it. If you were arriving earlier in the day and had time to hang and enjoy AoA, I'd say do it, because AoA is really awesome, but at that late time, not worth the hassle, IMO

I'm always torn between saving a buck and convenience. But I think since you're arriving later and planning on heading to MK first thing in the am I'd just do the Poly if it's in your budget. While AoA will transfer your bags over it'll be easier not to deal with that and just head straight to MK.

Very silly question. I have read all the crowd calendars and had good information from them, but is anyone hearing anything new about crowd expectations for November? I'm happy just being at DW busy or not so busy, bit want to be prepared. Staying 2 weeks starting 11/8. :ccat:

Here's the historical data from last year for those dates.

November 8th - predicted: 8 actual: 5
November 9th - predicted: 6 actual: 6
November 10th - predicted: 6 actual: 5
November 11th - predicted: 7 actual: 8
November 12th - predicted: 4 actual: 7
November 13th - predicted: 5 actual: 7
November 14th - predicted: 6 actual: 8
November 15th - predicted: 5 actual: 8
November 16th - predicted: 4 actual: 7
November 17th - predicted: 4 actual: 4
November 18th - predicted: 5 actual: 5
November 19th - predicted: 4 actual: 4
November 20th - predicted: 4 actual: 6
November 21st - predicted: 7 actual: 8

I never realized that we picked the WORST dates in terms of actual v. predicted crowds! (Nov. 12-18). We also have similar dates this year - I wanted the week after, but it didn't work for my group. Oh well - at least we know what to expect!

I was informed this past weekend that coworkers of my brother and his girlfriend have been asking if they are going to Disney with any kids...their response, yea, my 32 year old sister. Why is there such a stigma against adults traveling to Disney without kids?? Not that I am offended in any way, I am a child at heart. Sometimes I feel that we would all have less stress and would enjoy life much more if we all had a little bit of a kid in our hearts/minds rather than full fledge adulting all of the time. So yes coworkers, hi, my name is Kara, I'm 32 and I love Disney...what?! :)

The trip with just my husband was one of the best! SO easy compared to taking my toddler. :) I'd love to do another adults only trip!

My parents went last year without kids for my Dad's 65th birthday! We take our kids but we will still go when our kids grow up because we can be kids again!:)

I never realized that we picked the WORST dates in terms of actual v. predicted crowds! (Nov. 12-18). We also have similar dates this year - I wanted the week after, but it didn't work for my group. Oh well - at least we know what to expect!
We are going around the same time November 13-21!:) We went last year October 30 to November 6 and it was way harder to get ADR's at 180 days than it was for us to get them this year. We had no problem with getting ADR's or FP+ this year, so I keep hoping maybe it actually won't be as busy as predicted! Either way we are Disney so it will be fun!!!!!!!

I just found out that I have to go to Florida for work to do a presentation....so I'm adding on a day at WDW while I'm there. I'll be doing the parks on Nov 10 and Disney Springs on Nov 11, then driving back to the airport that evening to fly home. One of my best friends (a coworker) is also going to be at the conference so she'll be with me. She also loves Disney.

Are there any open Memory Maker shares out there for November? I'd love to participate in one!!!!

Thanks for all the info! I really appreciate it! Hope you have a safe and amazing trip.

Agree 100% that's why the DIS is so special :disrocks:

This 55 year old has been in love with Disney since watching the Wonderful World of Disney as a child :happytv:
Extended family, friends and coworkers think I'm crazy going multiple times a year every year. I tell them it's my happy place :cloud9:

we are there 11/12-19. set our park days last spring using Easywdw. purchased Touring Plans this summer and crowds for our park days that week according to TP are a couple of 5's, 4, 3 and a 2.
The week you arrive might be busier with Jersey Week and Veterans Day being on a Friday.

really looking forward to the lowers crowds (I hope)
I did purchase TP after they changed how they calculate crowds not before
I am hoping for the same! We're almost there! Tom Bricker said on his comments section he expected it to be slower than last year because of the influx of people that came last year to see the last Osborne light show. Anyway, we'll be at Disney! Have a safe and magical trip!

I'm sorry to hear that. We are also currently booked to travel with my parents. My grandmother is not doing well and my Mom and Dad may need to back out. Definitely disappointing. Glad you could get in at AKL. Question- did you modify your dining yet? I'm nervous about the prospect of changing everything from 6 to 4 people. I think it should be OK, but changing anything I've busted my tush to get makes me nervous!

I haven't modified my dining yet. I feel the same way that you feel. The only one I am worried with is Hoop Dee Doo Revue. DD have 3 friends that live in the Orlando area and they are coming to hang out with us the day of HDDR, and I kinda want to keep the 6 and ask if they can add one more chair when we arrive so DD's friends can go eat with us. My friend is doing our planning for us (she is a Disney Travel Agent and I wanted to help her out), she said she would clean up our ressies for us.

Has anyone been able to get a FP yet for BTMRR on 11/22? When I made my FP's The earliest I could get one was the 23rd and I might want to change to the 22nd. Too lazy to go in & try, figured I'd ask here first :P

Has anyone been able to get a FP yet for BTMRR on 11/22? When I made my FP's The earliest I could get one was the 23rd and I might want to change to the 22nd. Too lazy to go in & try, figured I'd ask here first :P

We were able to get one for 11/22 at our 60 day mark also got one for Thanksgiving Day really surprised but happy :D

good morning, counting down to WDW. We are so excited!
We have our fast passes and all but one ADR. Any suggestions on trying to get an afternoon Ohana ADR? I've been checking often but nothing at all available. Yikes!!! Hope we can get one there, it's a must do for us!
TIA

We have our fast passes and all but one ADR. Any suggestions on trying to get an afternoon Ohana ADR? I've been checking often but nothing at all available. Yikes!!! Hope we can get one there, it's a must do for us!
TIA
Sign up for the free ADR finder on Touring Plans. Also check out the November ADR cancellation thread.

19 days to go. 2 years ago picked up 1 kid from school (10), told him doctors app. Picked up 2nd one (8), told them I lied, we're really going apple picking. Came home, wife waiting for us, we lied again, get in car, headed to airport, 10 days at CSR(Matt Damon not available to add to the moment). They somehow got over my lies. This time we're just waking them up at 2am, telling them we're headed to NYC (we're between Boston and The Cape). They'll figure it out when we get to the gate at TF Green in Providence (we're between Boston & The Cape).
Turning 55 while there, this is my wifes present to me. Looking forward to being a kid again and immersing myself in the magic.

19 days to go. 2 years ago picked up 1 kid from school (10), told him doctors app. Picked up 2nd one (8), told them I lied, we're really going apple picking. Came home, wife waiting for us, we lied again, get in car, headed to airport, 10 days at CSR(Matt Damon not available to add to the moment). They somehow got over my lies. This time we're just waking them up at 2am, telling them we're headed to NYC (we're between Boston and The Cape). They'll figure it out when we get to the gate at TF Green in Providence (we're between Boston & The Cape).
Turning 55 while there, this is my wifes present to me. Looking forward to being a kid again and immersing myself in the magic.

:bday: hope you and your family have a great time

Was able to score an Akershus dinner! YAY! My daughter has become princess obsessed in the past couple months and I was having such a hard time getting any princess dining (we never book ahead far enough to get the good dining, lol).

So - questions:

1. Has anyone done Akershus dinner? It's harder to find reviews for dinner than breakfast or lunch.
2. Any luck checking in early? The ressie is a little late, so we'd like to try to get in early, but if not it's not a big deal. My daughter will be 2, so I'll be packing a meal for her anyway - if she eats earlier, no biggie!
3. For those with princess dining, how does this effect your planning of princess fastpasses? We have fastpasses for both sets of princesses at fairytale hall - it seems like we'll probably keep all of our fastpasses, since it's never any guarantee of who will be at the dinner.

TIA

What afternoon are you hoping for? I have an 11:50am ressie on November 12th that I MAY be releasing (still not sure yet!). If we decide to drop it, I could try to coordinate with you :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter