• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official November 2016 Thread***

Just ran to the Disney Store on my lunch to grab DS a new Christmas tee to wear to the party!
I am close to being ready!
We aren't trying any new ADR's (although may on the fly once we are there). We cut back our ADR's a lot and are just keeping CRT, BOG dinner, Mickey's BBQ, Ohana and Tusker House. Also new is MVMCP :)

I'm looking forward to BG, I'm a quarter German and usually only get that kinda food when I visit relatives!
We loved BG. DD ate sausages, pot roast, potatoes, and about three of the berry compote desserts.

I have some German heritage as well, so most of the food is not exotic to us. Yum!

25 days out until we head to Florida! We're trying to figure out where we want to catch a bite to eat at. We're doing Disney Springs & Monorail resort tour for the day. We're on a tight budget this year as we're going for a week next year and saving for that. Any suggestions for a Quick Service meal or an inexpensive table service??? Any easy to get to resorts or Disney Springs. TIA!
We plan on doing Blaze Pizza at DS on our arrival day. With 11 people, we are trying to keep it inexpensive, too.

Very silly question. I have read all the crowd calendars and had good information from them, but is anyone hearing anything new about crowd expectations for November? I'm happy just being at DW busy or not so busy, bit want to be prepared. Staying 2 weeks starting 11/8. :ccat:

ADVICE NEEDED-

We technically have a split stay- we found a cheap evening flight out the night before we had planned to leave for WDW. I already had our week long stay at the poly reserved. We decided to go ahead and take the cheaper flight down and I tried to add a night to the poly res. No luck. No rooms. So I took a night at AOA. We land around 8PM and the plan was to move right over to the poly the next AM bc that's our first MK day. Anyway, noticed rooms have opened at Poly. (Guess I knew this would happen around the 30 day mark.) So... would you move? It is obviously a good chunk more money from LM AOA room to Poly. And my girls were kind of excited about checking out AOA BUT it would be SO much easier than moving the very next AM. Just looking for opinions!

since you're not arriving til 8:00 p.m. anyways I'd just go straight to Poly. By the time you get to AoA it will be what - 9-10 p.m? Can't even enjoy it. If you were arriving earlier in the day and had time to hang and enjoy AoA, I'd say do it, because AoA is really awesome, but at that late time, not worth the hassle, IMO

ADVICE NEEDED-

We technically have a split stay- we found a cheap evening flight out the night before we had planned to leave for WDW. I already had our week long stay at the poly reserved. We decided to go ahead and take the cheaper flight down and I tried to add a night to the poly res. No luck. No rooms. So I took a night at AOA. We land around 8PM and the plan was to move right over to the poly the next AM bc that's our first MK day. Anyway, noticed rooms have opened at Poly. (Guess I knew this would happen around the 30 day mark.) So... would you move? It is obviously a good chunk more money from LM AOA room to Poly. And my girls were kind of excited about checking out AOA BUT it would be SO much easier than moving the very next AM. Just looking for opinions!
since you're not arriving til 8:00 p.m. anyways I'd just go straight to Poly. By the time you get to AoA it will be what - 9-10 p.m? Can't even enjoy it. If you were arriving earlier in the day and had time to hang and enjoy AoA, I'd say do it, because AoA is really awesome, but at that late time, not worth the hassle, IMO
I agree with TJDisneymama, I would just stay at Poly. Not that moving is a hassle but since it's only one night you might as well not even have to worry about that, plus as was mentioned you won't get to enjoy AoA unless you were planning on hanging at the resort the next day. You can always take time one day to go over and check it out for your girls!

Very silly question. I have read all the crowd calendars and had good information from them, but is anyone hearing anything new about crowd expectations for November? I'm happy just being at DW busy or not so busy, bit want to be prepared. Staying 2 weeks starting 11/8. :ccat:

Last year, it was more crowded than the crowd predictors thought it would be during our trip in mid-November (specifically Touring Plans). Most days were at least 2-3 levels more crowded than predicted (so 4-5 level crowds were more like 6-8 level crowds). A couple months ago, I got an email from Touring Plans that upped their crowd projections for our trip. I'd expect moderate to sometimes heavy crowds. I'm not going to fret about it this year - we'll rope drop, make good use of FP, and make the best of it :)

I know this summer attendance was much lower than forecasted.......I wonder if it has continued for fall.

Man, I hope so! But I kind of think the summer attendance is just more people avoiding that time of year (combined with other factors like the dip in foreign visitors - Josh explained this really well in a post here or on his site, I believe). I'm expecting similar crowds to last year.

Last year, it was more crowded than the crowd predictors thought it would be during our trip in mid-November (specifically Touring Plans). Most days were at least 2-3 levels more crowded than predicted (so 4-5 level crowds were more like 6-8 level crowds). A couple months ago, I got an email from Touring Plans that upped their crowd projections for our trip. I'd expect moderate to sometimes heavy crowds. I'm not going to fret about it this year - we'll rope drop, make good use of FP, and make the best of it :)
Thanks for the heads up! It's just me and the husband so we can take your advice and hit the rope drops.

Tommorow I'm gonna be at 29 days! I'm gonna try for the first time splitsville, Wolfgang puck cafe and t-rex. I'm very sad that I cannot have chef Mickey and the planet Hollywood is not gonna be open

Yachtsman is really good, the food is outstanding but the service really matches it, our server was so knowledgeable. We don't mind a chat with CMs so I was good from that point of view, at the same time he respected other tables who weren't so chatty

We are really looking forward to our meal as well as having a chance to explore the Yacht Club a little before our stay in March :goodvibes

Hey everyone!

It's been years since I've been on the forums! Always a wealth of info! We had to take a break from Disney for several years thanks to life and finances but myself and my girls (16 and 15) are back with our at least annual trips (hopefully!). We arrive Nov 21st thru the 28th staying at ASMU. Have MVMCP planned and some new and favorite dining plans! Getting excited as the last 2 times we've went have been for Cheerleading/dance Worlds so we've been busy with competing and having limited time at the parks.

Hey everyone!

It's been years since I've been on the forums! Always a wealth of info! We had to take a break from Disney for several years thanks to life and finances but myself and my girls (16 and 15) are back with our at least annual trips (hopefully!). We arrive Nov 21st thru the 28th staying at ASMU. Have MVMCP planned and some new and favorite dining plans! Getting excited as the last 2 times we've went have been for Cheerleading/dance Worlds so we've been busy with competing and having limited time at the parks.
We will be at ASMU 11/26 thru 12/2, I'm going alone too but with 3 kids 8 DS, 11 DD and 14 DD, welcome back!! And this is our first time

We loved BG. DD ate sausages, pot roast, potatoes, and about three of the berry compote desserts.

I have some German heritage as well, so most of the food is not exotic to us. Yum!

Do they have sauerkraut and yucky looking white sausage? lol

we are there 11/12-19. set our park days last spring using Easywdw. purchased Touring Plans this summer and crowds for our park days that week according to TP are a couple of 5's, 4, 3 and a 2.
The week you arrive might be busier with Jersey Week and Veterans Day being on a Friday.

really looking forward to the lowers crowds (I hope)
I did purchase TP after they changed how they calculate crowds not before

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter